The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ed (new)

Ed | 48 comments I resolved this new year to do crosswords. I spend enough time at swim meets etc that it would be worth doing during those long waits. Anyone here enjoy them? Advice for a crossword newbie? I bought a book with 10 minute ones and a daily ny times calendar of crosswords. Any suggestions? Does it get easier with attempts/practice?

message 2: by Dottie (new)

Dottie (oxymoronid) | 698 comments The more of them you do, the better you get. It isn't absolutely necessary to begin easy and work up, I'd try several at differing levels and sometimes it's fun even if you are really pretty good at them to just do some easy ones to keep your hand in so to speak. I haven't done any for a long, long time and have been thinking I need to get at them again just because they are enjoyable for me. Why did I stop doing things such as crosswords that I enjoyed? Who knows!

message 3: by Ed (new)

Ed | 48 comments I'll use the daily calendars and the ny times crosswords will get more difficult with each day during the week. I wish the crosswords on these calendars were bigger.

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori Walker I wanted to get one of those daily calendars with the crosswords, but they were sold out when I went to buy my calendar. I really want to start doing them though.

message 5: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (kristilarson) I do crossword puzzles almost everyday. You will definitely improve over time. I thought they were impossible at first, but you end up learning a lot.

message 6: by Ed (new)

Ed | 48 comments Where should I start? Any recs?

message 7: by Robbie (new)

Robbie Bashore | 592 comments Ha ha...I grew up doing the TV Guide crosswords! Definitely the TV generation. Usually, between me and my dad, they got completed. In college, a friend of mine and I used to do the crosswords in the college newspaper together. It can be fun and less frustrating to work on them as a team--one takes a first shot at it, then the other has a turn, and so on.

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 100 comments I like crosswords but I have found a new love. That love is Sudoku! :-)