Dark Gothic Romantic Horror discussion

Welcome! Please say hi and I will too!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carole (new)

Carole Gill | 16 comments Mod
Just started this and with your help, it should really fly.
I write dark gothic romantic fiction and I am curious as to how popular it is.

Would love your input, ideas and whatever you think to discuss.

thanks!

message 2: by Pavarti (new)

Pavarti Tyler (pavartiktyler) | 1 comments Great idea Carole! I don't write dark gothic romance but I do write erotic horror which often blends together. I look forward to reading about more authors!

message 3: by Georgina (new)

Georgina Morales (georgina_morales) | 1 comments Hi Carole! I love the idea of reading more gothic stories, as you know, it is a style I deeply enjoy. Thanks for inviting me!

message 4: by Carole (new)

sure thing, Pavarti. yes that sounds great! fabulous!
I just thought we needed to have a group like this. Gothic can embrace erotica, i'm sure. welcome

message 5: by Carole (new)

Georgina! fabulous!
welcome! my pleasure!

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan Roebuck (sueroe) | 1 comments Hi Carole (see? FaceBook has its uses!). Love gothic stories (I was weaned on Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast. I've just had a dark thriller/horror novel published, so I'm pretty eclectic.

message 7: by Carole (new)

Fabulous. What i'm endeavoring to do is to recreate the gothic romantic genre--but with boundaries pushed.
i write dark horror (short) fiction but for some reason, longer stuff comes out with a real gothic narrative!
can't figure it out.
Also, I love Anne Rice, but I want her vampire novels with some romance in them. Like a combo of Anne Rice and Daphne DuMaurier

message 8: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Owens (nataliegowens) | 2 comments Hey Carole! So nice to be here and meet everyone. :)

message 9: by Carole (new)

omg! welcome to you, Natalie!
thank you so much for joining!

Nancy (The Avid Reader) (magickofbooks) | 1 comments Hey Carole,

I was just on your blog and saw your Goodreads group and I thought I just have to join this one. As you know already I adore horror, gothic or anything scary in it with a twist of romance added in.

message 11: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Owens (nataliegowens) | 2 comments Hey Carole - just saw this message. Can't believe it took me so long! Hello there, my friend! xx

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

If we are referring to Edgar Allan Poe and Stephen King, count me in

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

what's your book? I am a gothic literature junkie. I can tell you

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

From the synopsis it sounds like it. Death is a huge part of gothic literature in some form or another (literal death, undead, etc.) I would say it does

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

That is always a good thing :)

message 16: by Marek (new)

Marek ChoronZone (wagnerzone333) | 1 comments Hello!

I love all the Horror, as well as Vampire Horrors so I joined here to wait and participate whenever I will have a free time beside reading to post something and I wish this group to really become finally active as it should be because it's a great group and I am sure of it! My name is Marek and only shortly I read Horror Novels of all kind because previously I was reading non-fiction books only. Finally I noticed what I've lost. I know before few great authors though. E. A. Poe. Lovecraft, Stoker, Rice. My official name is Marek.

Best wishes!

message 17: by Vaughn (new)

Vaughn Entwistle (vaughnentwistle) | 1 comments Greetings all! Just about everything I write is gothic/horror/gothic horror with romance elements/Gothic with a side order of fries . . . Er, you get the general idea. Most are set in Victorian England, and wherever possible I like to toss real historical figures into the mix: ARTHUR CONAN DOYLE, Oscar Wilde, Queen Victoria, Sigmund Freud (really).