Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

SF/Futuristic Romance > Futuristic Romance Recommendations

Comments (showing 80-129)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 129: by J. (new)

J. Smith | 5 comments I read Star Crash last month, solid SF/Romance. Well thought out alien race/world-building.
Star Crash

message 128: by Emma (new)

Emma | 8 comments i love divervent by veronica roth. its a great series but book 3 is still being written. its dystopian but amazing. like hunger games but much different. the love story in it is pretty good, its not your typical sex, hooking up crap its more then that and i actually enjoy the no sex part lol, it makes you like the charactors more in my opinion. plus so many people have fallen for four :) great charactor.

message 127: by Kiersten (new)

Kiersten Fay (KierstenFay) | 282 comments The Mammoth Book of Futuristic Romance is coming out very soon. :D

The Mammoth Book of Futuristic Romance by Trisha Telep

message 126: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Kilgore (cekilgore) Only Human by Chris Reher - just finished it and loved it. Only Human

Ghost in the Machine is a newly published SFR that is going to be a series
Ghost in the Machine

message 125: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (NancyJCohen) | 74 comments I still have bookshelves filled with futuristic romances from the 1990's. That's when I got my start writing them, too. I've revised these early Nancy Cane books and reissued them as Nancy J. Cohen: Circle of Light, Moonlight Rhapsody, and Starlight Child. They're a trilogy. Keeper of the Rings is available now in ebook format too, and I have a new book, Silver Serenade, that's been out a few years. Take a look at the releases from The Wild Rose Press in the Faery Rose imprint. They have a lot of releases in this genre.

message 124: by Kristina (new)

Kristina Watson (OlivaLove) | 11 comments I know this is an old thread however some that have not yet ben mentioned and are Adult/Erotic: Lauren Dane Feredation series. Undercover (Federation Chronicles, #1) by Lauren Dane Relentless (Federation Chronicles, #2) by Lauren Dane Insatiable (Federation Chronicles #3) (Phantom Corps #1) by Lauren Dane Mesmerized (Phantom Corps #2) by Lauren Dane

Lil Gibson, Theolyn Boese, Robin L. Rotham, Jax, Jacquelyn Frank, Jean Johnson, Kate Pearce, Anya Bast.

Johanna Lindsey Ly-San-Ter series Warrior's Woman (Ly-San-Ter Family, #1) by Johanna Lindsey Keeper of the Heart (Ly-San-Ter Family, #2) by Johanna Lindsey Heart of a Warrior (Ly-San-Ter Family, #3) by Johanna Lindsey

message 123: by Samantha **ParaNormal Romance Party** (last edited May 14, 2011 12:30PM) (new)

Samantha **ParaNormal Romance Party** (TheParaNormalRomanceParty) | 11 comments I HIghly recommend
Laurann Dohner's Cyborg Seduction series and Zorn Warriors series.

For the Cyborgs her first Burning up Flint (Cyborg Seduction, #1) by Laurann Dohner is ok but her second book Kissing Steel (Cyborg Seduction, #2) by Laurann Dohner is AMAzing!!!

The First in her Zorn Warrior Ral's Woman (Zorn Warriors, #1) by Laurann Dohner is AmaZing!!!
<3

message 122: by Andre and Sophie (new)

Andre and Sophie (SophieM) | 165 comments Has anybody read "0.4" by Mike Lancaster? Isn't that supposed to be futuristic?

message 121: by Linda (new)

Linda Pohring | 9 comments Hi everyone...
I thought it would be fun to share my first book trailer for, Oddily by Linda Pohring.
It's a compelling love story with a time travel twist.
The paperback version will be available in two weeks.

http://youtu.be/3-aUmYcobXM

message 120: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 231 comments Martina the Book Fairy wrote: "gert wrote: "well, i LOVE jayne castle (aka jayne ann krentz aka amanda quick) for futuristic romance. her 'harmony' series if great - sexy couples, interesting setting in the future, on what amoun..."

Yea! Owens is getting some love. I think she is awesome and does not get the press she should have.

message 119: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 231 comments Martina the Book Fairy wrote: "gert wrote: "well, i LOVE jayne castle (aka jayne ann krentz aka amanda quick) for futuristic romance. her 'harmony' series if great - sexy couples, interesting setting in the future, on what amoun..."

Moekins13 wrote: "Hello! I am new here but am hoping to find out about a book(s) that I used to read in the late 90's. I know they were paranormal or science fiction romance novels. Which I love! The books took ..."

It sounds like Mine to Take by Dara Joy. There is tree stuff and running though a field. She has silver hair.

The other books here are good too.

message 118: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 231 comments Mari wrote: "Jan wrote: "Ok. I just finished Games of Command, and I realized I really have a thing for romances with cyborgs. The whole thing about them doubting their own humanity, and feeling w..."

I am glad someone else has a cyborg thing! LOL.
I just found Dohner's books and devoured them. They are good. I like Black the best too but O'Connor is funny.

message 117: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 231 comments Moekins13 wrote: "Hello! I am new here but am hoping to find out about a book(s) that I used to read in the late 90's. I know they were paranormal or science fiction romance novels. Which I love! The books took ..."

It sounds like Mine to Take by Dara Joy. There is tree stuff and running though a field. She has silver hair.

The other books here are good too.

message 116: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 2635 comments Mod
Moekins13, if Martina's suggestion isn't the right series, go to http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1... and sign up for this group. Its devoted to nothing BUT helping people find forgotten books that they've read and want to re-discover.

message 115: by Jan (new)

Jan (janoda) I'm totally seconding the recommendation for Song of Scarabaeus. Romance indeed subtle, but what great characters (and universe!)

message 114: by Martina the Book Fairy (last edited Mar 25, 2011 11:08AM) (new)

Martina the Book Fairy (book_fairy) | 442 comments Moekins13 wrote: "Hello! I am new here but am hoping to find out about a book(s) that I used to read in the late 90's. I know they were paranormal or science fiction romance novels. Which I love! The books took ..."

Moekins, it sounds a little bit like it might be Freedom's Landing by Anne McCaffrey. It came out in 1996. Kris Bjoernsen is the heroine (though I don't remember her having silver hair) and she's abducted from Earth and taken to a slave planet where she escapes and lives in the trees eating the native fruit. She sees one of her captors, a lion-like race called Catteni, in trouble and attempts to rescue him, but they both end up being captured and transported to a strange agraian planet that the Catteni are "testing" for colonization by dumping slaves there to see how long they survive. On that planet there are underground scavenger creatures that come out at night and eat anything left in those fields.

Note that Freedom's Landing is the first book in a series of four. Here's the whole series:

Freedom's Landing (Catteni - Book #1) by Anne McCaffrey Freedom's Choice (Catteni - Book #2) by Anne McCaffrey Freedom's Challenge (Catteni - Book #3) by Anne McCaffrey Freedom's Ransom by Anne McCaffrey

message 113: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments To anyone looking for a good scifi, I highly recommend Song of Scarabaeus. While the relationship is very subtle and in its early stages in this book, it's a very believable, compelling relationship with equally compelling plot, action and characters.

message 112: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Sounds like something from Cheryl Brooks or Dara Joy, Moekins. Could that be it?

message 111: by Moekins13 (new)

Moekins13 | 1 comments Hello! I am new here but am hoping to find out about a book(s) that I used to read in the late 90's. I know they were paranormal or science fiction romance novels. Which I love! The books took place on another planet, the heroine had blond or silver hair. At one point they stayed in a tree and ate weird fruit native to the planet. I think at one point he tied her to the branches and it got steamy ;) I also remember that the hero carrying the heroine over a large field, they had to cross before dark, or a certain time, or bad things would happen. They might have been able to change into cat like things, or some other animal, but I am not at all sure about that.
So I was wondering if anyone here could help me remember the author or the title of these book(s).
Thanks in advance!

message 110: by Shawn (new)

Shawn | 371 comments Crimson City though primarily about vamps and seres it has cyborgs (Mechs) and one of the books is dedicated to the Cy's story. The series is set in the future and is a great read. I really enjoyed it you may as well.

message 109: by Jan (new)

Jan (janoda) Thanks both of you! I'll check them out.
Both from Angela Knight and Susan Grant I have other books on my tbr list, so I'll probably add these.

Found one with a female cyborg that looks quite interesting as well. Silver: Humanotica, Book 1

message 108: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Susan Grant has a trilogy with one too. The first book is My Favorite Earthling. The cyborg actually appears in all 3 books, but HIS story isn't given until the last book. He starts out much like Ah-nold's charcter in the first Terminator movie, but evenutally is redeemed, falls in love and manages to figure out where his home world is and goes back to visit.

message 107: by Mari (new)

Mari (MariSmutDuchess) Jan wrote: "Ok. I just finished Games of Command, and I realized I really have a thing for romances with cyborgs. The whole thing about them doubting their own humanity, and feeling worthy of lov..."

There is Kaitlyn O'Connor's Cyborg series. I liked those and have read them at least twice.

Abiogenesis by Kaitlyn O'Connor Cyborg Cyberevolution Book II  by Kaitlyn O'Connor Cyborg Nation Cyberevolution Book III  by Kaitlyn O'Connor Rules of Engagements Cyberevolution IV  by Kaitlyn O'Connor Total Recall (Cyberevolution) by Kaitlyn O'Connor Illumination Cyberevolution V  by Kaitlyn O'Connor

Angela Knight has a few with a "terminator-esque" feel. Jane's Warlord was my favorite.
Jane's Warlord by Angela Knight Warrior by Angela Knight Guardian by Angela Knight

Laurann Dohner has some sort of cyborg series but I haven't read those yet. I'm sure there are more but I can't remember them right now. :-)

message 106: by Jan (new)

Jan (janoda) Ok. I just finished Games of Command, and I realized I really have a thing for romances with cyborgs. The whole thing about them doubting their own humanity, and feeling worthy of love; or the other way around - other people doubting their humanity.

Maybe alien hybrids work too, because I remember Born of Night having similar themes.

It just really gets to me when romance overcomes things like that. So anyone know of any other cyborg romances?

message 105: by Maddy (new)

Maddy Barone (MaddyBarone) | 72 comments Has anyone read the Liadan series by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller? Space opera at its best. I like that the female characters are strong and presented as neither helpless nor inferior.

message 104: by Serena (new)

Serena | 27 comments No problem :-) ...hope you enjoy!

message 103: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 7 comments Serena wrote: "J.D. Robb in death series. I just started this series a couple weeks ago and been going through the books quickly...I love Eve & Dallas. Its futuristic but mystery/thriller I think."

Got given a copy of the first book... it looks pretty good!

message 102: by Serena (new)

Serena | 27 comments J.D. Robb in death series. I just started this series a couple weeks ago and been going through the books quickly...I love Eve & Dallas. Its futuristic but mystery/thriller I think.

message 101: by Fluttrbs (new)

Fluttrbs | 48 comments Tymber Dalton has a couple of books that are futuristic...Love at first Bight and Brightmare (which was released today) They do contain m/m/m/f but are still pretty good. I liked the first one and have just started brightmare. So far so good.

message 100: by Pansy (new)

Pansy | 734 comments Caramelle wrote: "I too suggest Sherrilyn Kenyon's 'The League' series!

Born of Night (The League, #1) by Sherrilyn KenyonBorn of Fire (The League, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Ice (The League, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

...Born of Ice is currently m..."

Caramelle,I have read all of the League series and I agree that it is a great futuristic series with lots of action and romance. There is also a League novella in the book "In Other Worlds" by Kenyon that is very good. If you have not read yet, check it out.

message 99: by Nancy (last edited Aug 09, 2010 01:23PM) (new)

Nancy (NancyJCohen) | 74 comments In response to Ann (sorry I'm late in replying; I was guest blog touring then went to RWA), my new futuristic release is Silver Serenade. It just came out July 16 and is about a beautiful assassin and a desperate fugitive who team up to catch a terrorist before he starts an intergalactic war. Silver Serenade is actually my fifth futuristic title. I love to read them as much as write them. Am currently reading Catherine Asaro's Diamond Star. And I got to hear Jayne Ann Krentz speak at RWA. Just blogged on her talk about Reinventing Yourself. Silver Serenade by Nancy J. Cohen

Martina the Book Fairy (book_fairy) | 442 comments Yargo looks really good. I just ordered a used copy from B&N! Thanks for the rec, Melinda!! :-)

message 97: by Caramelle (new)

Caramelle | 106 comments I too suggest Sherrilyn Kenyon's 'The League' series!

Born of Night (The League, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Fire (The League, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Ice (The League, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

...Born of Ice is currently my favorite of the series.

message 96: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Metz | 3 comments Anyone read Yargo? I read it for the first time in college and loooved it. A few years ago, I read it again, and...not so much love. But still--a futuristic romance by Jacqueline Susann.

Martina the Book Fairy (book_fairy) | 442 comments Diane, I HAVE read the Krentz books - they're great! The Donaldson ones are new to me, so I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the rec!

message 94: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 97 comments Martina the Book Fairy wrote: "gert wrote: "well, i LOVE jayne castle (aka jayne ann krentz aka amanda quick) for futuristic romance. her 'harmony' series if great - sexy couples, interesting setting in the future, on what amoun..."

I agree that both Castle and Owens have some great books set on a different planet. Have you read the 3 futuristic titles under the Krentz name - Shield's Lady (Lost Colony) by Jayne Ann Krentz Sweet Starfire by Jayne Ann Krentz Crystal Flame by Jayne Ann Krentz? They all take place on different types of planets but I are really good stories.

The other alien world story I really enjoyed is the 2 book series by Stephen R. Donaldson - The Mirror of Her Dreams (Mordant's Need, #1) by Stephen R. Donaldson A Man Rides Through (Mordant's Need, #2) by Stephen R. Donaldson. A bit more fantasy based but a great story, although the heroine is a bit depressing at first.

Martina the Book Fairy (book_fairy) | 442 comments My pleasure, Gert! :-)

message 92: by gert (new)

gert THANK YOU book fairy!!! always looking for books!

Martina the Book Fairy (book_fairy) | 442 comments gert wrote: "well, i LOVE jayne castle (aka jayne ann krentz aka amanda quick) for futuristic romance. her 'harmony' series if great - sexy couples, interesting setting in the future, on what amounts to an eart..."

Gert, if you love Jayne Castle, you should definitely read the Celta Heartmates series by Robin D. Owens. I find them rather similar. Patti O'Shea's Jarved 9 series is another of the same ilk. :-)

message 90: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ok Nancy--you cant just throw something like that out. Anyone besides me wanting to know what her book is that's getting ready to come out?

message 89: by gert (new)

gert well, i LOVE jayne castle (aka jayne ann krentz aka amanda quick) for futuristic romance. her 'harmony' series if great - sexy couples, interesting setting in the future, on what amounts to an earth settlement on another planet. slight tie to amanda quick's (aka jayne castle aka jayne ann krentz) arcane society.

highly recommend.

message 88: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments I just finished Gabriel's Ghost! Good read! :)

message 87: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (NancyJCohen) | 74 comments If you haven't tried Elizabeth Moon's sci fi series, give them a try. In addition to all the authors you mentioned above, I really like her work. Look for the Heris Serrano series and Vatta's War series. Also I'm a fan of the Kris Longknife series by Mike Shepherd. Not quite romance but with a female lead who's a spaceship captain--hooks me every time. And I've a new futuristic romance out this month if I'm allowed to mention it here.

message 86: by Jess (new)

Jess (wjrockafellow) I just finished Born of Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon and it was a really good book. It is the first book of The League series. It is definately a romantic suspense that takes place in outter space. I have already ordered the other three books in this series. She is still adding to it. I recommend that you check out her website also. It is really interesting and gives you pictures to go with her characters.
www.sherrilynkenyon.com

Born of Night
Born of Fire (The League, #2)
Born of Ice
Man of My Dreams

message 85: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments This is apt. I just finished Grimspace a little while ago and definitely recommend.

Martina the Book Fairy (book_fairy) | 442 comments Linnea wrote: "I loved the SHOMI books and was saddened by Dorchester's decision to discontinue the imprint. I think they were a bit ahead of the curve (and did some very wrong marketing). The books themselves ar..."

Ah - I was wondering why there were less than a dozen of them. I guess that explains it! Thanks for chiming in, Linnea!

message 83: by Linnea (new)

Linnea (LinneaSinclair) | 96 comments I loved the SHOMI books and was saddened by Dorchester's decision to discontinue the imprint. I think they were a bit ahead of the curve (and did some very wrong marketing). The books themselves are terrific by top authors.

Martina the Book Fairy (book_fairy) | 442 comments Most (if not all) of the SHOMI romances are futuristic. Just do a search for "SHOMI" on Amazon and you'll see them. Quite a few are kinda post-apocalyptic, and they all have manga-ish covers and the back-of-book synopsis usually isn't written very well, but don't let that deter you - they're some of the most original books I've read in awhile!

Countdown (Shomi) by Michelle Maddox Driven by Eve Kenin Hidden by Eve Kenin Moongazer (Shomi) by Marianne Mancusi Phenomenal Girl 5 (SHOMI) by A.J. Menden Twist by Colby Hodge Irreversible (SHOMI) by Liz Maverick Razor Girl (Shomi) by Marianne Mancusi Wired by Liz Maverick Netherwood (Shomi Action Romance) by Michele Lang Time Transit (Shomi Action Romance) by Kay Austin

message 81: by Louise (new)

Louise Wise (louisewise) EDEN by Louise Wise is set in the future and a scifi, but a romance by all standards.

message 80: by April (new)

April (kndiraver) | 1 comments I too love the series. I haven't read Catching Fire because I want to read it on my Kindle 2. If I have to buy it in hardback then ill have to buy all of them. Kinda defeats the purpost of having my Kindle 2. I cannot wait!

« previous 1 3
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Beneath the Thirteen Moons (other topics)
Zodiac Unmasked: The Identity of America's Most Elusive Serial Killer Revealed (other topics)
The Forgotten Beasts of Eld (other topics)
The Last Hawk (other topics)
Moreta: Dragonlady of Pern (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Dara Joy (other topics)
C.J. Barry (other topics)
Angela Knight (other topics)
Gena Showalter (other topics)
Sherrilyn Kenyon (other topics)
More...