The Next Best Book Club discussion

Revive a Dead Thread > What do you think about LG enVs?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) I've had one since the summer and I love mine. I haven't found any quirks to it. I primarily use it for calls, texting, and pictures. The face doesn't scratch easily, but I hate that the black part gets finger prints on it. My Chocolate one was worse tho. I also like that it has a flip keyboard for texting. It makes it a hell of a lot easier than using the phone pad. Again the inside screen can get finger prints, which is annoying. I also think the keyboard is small, either that or my thumbs are big, but I've managed to get use to it. I also don't like that space key is next to the clear key.

Hope this helps.

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10095 comments Mod
SBG, maybe because it was used, it was a bit beat up? I bought the chocolate when they first came out and it was great. Lasted me the whole two years without any issues really. I even passed it down to my son when I bought my new Venus.....

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) My Chocolate lasted the 2 years, but it would get glitchy from time to time. Same thing as you SBG the stupid buttons wouldn't work properly.

The black part I was referring too is the part with the screen. I have the red one so the top part where the numbers show is black. That part gets smudges. So does the inside screen.

Here's the version I have:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/st...

I know they came out with another one, where the outside face and inside keyboard are a bit different.
http://www.lge.com/products/model/det...

message 4: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Sorry but what is it about????

message 5: by Gracee (new)

Gracee  | 99 comments :) I have the newer EnV. There are only a few things about it I'm not too thrilled with - don't like the fact that the button to take a photo is directly opposite of the lens. So, the urge to cover the lens with your opposing finger is way too great (while your squeezing the shutter button). I'm not sure why they didn't place them on opposite ends of the phone (?!) The other issue I have is with the camera itself. It tends to be a little "fisheyed". Distorts the center of the photo. Sort of like looking out a peephole, but not quite that bad.
Other than those two issues, LOVE the fact that that it has a QWERTY keyboard, and a large readout on the inside.
Oh, the voice commands are irritating as well. Don't seem to understand English..? "I'm sorry, please repeat your command..." ARRGH.

message 6: by Gracee (new)

Gracee  | 99 comments Saved By Grace wrote: "Voice commands?"
yeah the " call home" , "call work" etc.. (hands free / speaker phone) option.

message 7: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments I meant what means LG and V?

message 8: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Jeane wrote: "I meant what means LG and V?"

LG is the brand of electronics, and enV is a play on "Envy", meaning that you will have the coolest phone around if you buy it and everyone else will envy you. ;)

I have the enV2 (which is the newer one- you guys envious yet? haha) and I love it. It does everything that I want, and I think it takes great pictures. No fish-eye effect with mine.

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 636 comments I have the enV2..i LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
i always drop it and it never breaks.
a very good quality in a phone for somebody like me.

message 10: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments oh, okay.....it makes a iny bit of more sense but I will let you all talk about it without wondering what the hell you are busy about! :-)

message 11: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Oh, Grace, I did want to say this, which I completely forgot the last time: If you like the speaker phone feature, look for a different phone.

The enV does have a speaker phone, but it only works if the phone is flipped open. Which I hate. I mean, I could understand if you had to open the phone to talk on it anyway, but you don't, so having to open it to use the speaker phone makes no sense. My old LG phone was the kind that had to be open to talk, but the speaker phone on that one worked either way.

Sorry... done ranting now. That's really the only thing I don't like about this phone. Really.