Quotable Quotes discussion

Quote of the Day

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marion (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:59PM) (new)

Marion | 8 comments "I have no politics and no Party and no particular hope, only this is true: that beauty is very beautiful, and softens, and comforts, and inspires, and rouses and lifts up, and never fails."
- Edward Coley Burne-Jones, painter

message 2: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:01PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments The Warrior of the Light listens to the words of certain thinkers.

(с) Paulo Coelho (Warrior of the Light)

quote from http://paulocoelhoblog.com/

message 3: by Elizabeth (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:03PM) (new)

Elizabeth (candlestick) | 4 comments I've met God across his long walnut desk with his diplomas hanging on the wall behind him, and God asks me, "Why?" Why did I cause so much pain? Didn't I realize that each of us is a sacred, unique snowflake of special unique specialness? Can't I see how we're all manifestations of love? I look at God behind his desk, taking notes on a pad, but God's got this all wrong. We are not special. We are not crap or trash, either. We just are. We just are, and what happens just happens. And God says, "No, that's not right." Yeah. Well. Whatever. You can't teach God anything.
~Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club, Chapter 30

message 4: by Alison (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:03PM) (new)

Alison The above quote is hilarious.

message 5: by Elizabeth (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:06PM) (new)

Elizabeth (candlestick) | 4 comments Thanks, you should read Fight Club! The whole entire book is funny and just downright disturbing. Definitely don't read it to the kids, but don't die without giving it a chance!

message 6: by Jenna (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:06PM) (new)

Jenna (jentobox) | 1 comments Great quote. Ha ha. I just started getting really into Chuck Palahniuk but I haven't picked up Fight Club yet. I'll have to get to that soon. Thanks.

message 7: by Karey (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:09PM) (new)

Karey (kareyshane) "If thou of fortune be bereft,
and in thy store there be but left two loaves,
sell one, and with the dole
buy hyacinths to feed thy soul."

James Russell Lowell
from The Vision of Sir Launfal

(Forgive punctuation or structural errors. I'm going from memory here.)

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather (miss_lord) | 12 comments “Misadventure fell on my misfortune, a further misadventure fell on that misadventure and before long the misadventures were falling thickly on the first misfortune and on myself. Then a shower of misfortunes fell on the misadventures, heavy misadventures fell on the misfortunes after that and finally one great brown misadventure came upon everything, quenching the light and stopping the course of life.”
- Flann O'Brien