Voldemort discussion

7th book ending

Comments Showing 1-50 of 244 (244 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Veronica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:59PM) (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) What did you guys think was going to happen at the end of the book with harry and voldemort? I thought that they were gonna kill each other at the same time and they would both be dead.

message 2: by Veronica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:59PM) (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) wouldn't it have been really interesting, kinda twisted, but still interesting if voldemort and harry switched places? i mean like if voldemort became good and was friens with hermione and ron and ginny and the order and harry became evil and took charge of the death eaters?

message 3: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:59PM) (new)

Tess | 324 comments Mod
I dont know.All i knew is that J.K. Rowling would not kill of Harry Potter. That would have been...lame.It would seem like Rowling would have no good ideas.

message 4: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:02PM) (new)

Kenzie I was so sad when I thought he was dead, "No way," I mumbled to myself. Then, I swear I did this, I closed the book and sat in silence to remember him, then I opened it and was surprised to find him not dead. (then I felt foolish)

Harry surviving was a good idea, I would have been so angry if he had died like all the other good characters.

message 5: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:02PM) (new)

Tess | 324 comments Mod
haha. i just kept saying"no,no,no,no..." i didnt believe it

message 6: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:02PM) (new)

Kenzie When I read it, I had an inkling that he didn't really happen. I was just stunned.

message 7: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:07PM) (new)

Tess | 324 comments Mod
Yeah. I mean, she's not really going to kill of Harry Potter...How could she?

message 8: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:11PM) (new)

Kenzie Maybe she felt that he should die a heroic death. That would be the only way I could except his death.

message 9: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:11PM) (new)

Tess | 324 comments Mod
yeah... he kind of had a heroic "death". the only thing is...how would voldemort be killed if harry died (he didnt actually know he wasnt dead until voldemort told him)

message 10: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:12PM) (new)

Kenzie I thought Dumbledore told him in his dream-like state.

message 11: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:12PM) (new)

Tess | 324 comments Mod
whatever just answer the question...please

message 12: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:13PM) (new)

Tess | 324 comments Mod
you know how harry actually thought he would die?
how did he expect voldemort to die too? I mean, harry wouldnt be around anymore.

message 13: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:13PM) (new)

Kenzie Well, he wanted Neville, Ron, and Hermione to finish of the snake. Then it would be easier to kill Voldemort. The killer would then battle on skill alone with Voldemort.

message 14: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:14PM) (new)

Tess | 324 comments Mod
but the phrophcy (i dont know how to spell it) said harry had to kill voldemort...

message 15: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:15PM) (new)

Kenzie Technically no. It just said that he would be ideal for defeating Voldemort. It only stated that neither could live while the other survived.

message 16: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:16PM) (new)

Tess | 324 comments Mod
That was a bit confusing becuse Voldemort had to survive while Harry was alive, i mean he was in him.

message 17: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:19PM) (new)

Kenzie Voldemort had to kill off the peice of himself in Harry before either one could truly die. I don't get it. How could he have hit Harry with Avada Kadavra, and Harry not die?

message 18: by Tess (new)

Tess | 324 comments Mod
something about them sharing the same blood with the protection. It connected Harry to Voldemort because his blood was still "alive" but it wasn't technicaly Voldemort's blood so he could did.

message 19: by Katie (new)

Katie | 359 comments Well, they were connected when Voldemort tried to kill him the first time and it backfired on him. So, when Voldemort killed him again, he killed that part of himself that was embedded in Harry. So really, he killed himself and not Harry.

message 20: by Tess (new)

Tess | 324 comments Mod
HAHA.

message 21: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Wow...Voldemort's luck just goes from bad to worse.

message 22: by Tess (new)

Tess | 324 comments Mod
Poor Voldie.
:(

message 23: by Tess (new)

Tess | 324 comments Mod
I wonder what they do with his body...

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

i couldnt of cared less if harry died- i never really liked him. but i basically cried over fred and dobby.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

harry potter stinks hes a poo

message 26: by Tess (new)

Tess | 324 comments Mod
why all the hateing?

message 27: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 24, 2007 05:17AM) (new)

because harry is a stuck up prat with anger managment problems.
MWAH HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 28: by Tess (new)

Tess | 324 comments Mod
It's not his fault. He lost his parents and his godfather and his arch enemy. He's not stuck up, just a little confused.

message 29: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie And...he was mostly only a prat in the fifth book.

message 30: by Tess (new)

Tess | 324 comments Mod
Yeah... only because Voldemort was in his head.

message 31: by Katie (new)

Katie | 359 comments Harry was just an angsty teen. But he was a jerk to his friends a lot. Does anyone think it's really creepy how obsessed Bellatrix was with Voldemort. And then Molly killed her... and he got mad...

message 32: by Salma (new)

Salma I know some people who think harry should have died- they think it would have made it a more powerful book. Don't know what they're smoking.

message 33: by Katie (new)

Katie | 359 comments Well, if you think about it, Harry did die. It's just that he came back.... which is awesome! Before the last book came out, me and my sister decided that if he died Ron should get a book about himself. But he didn't, sorry Ron. Anyways, Ron is even moodier than Harry so I don't think he could handle being the subject of a whole book.

message 34: by Tess (new)

Tess | 324 comments Mod
He didn't die.
a piece of him did
well actually of Voldemort

message 35: by Katie (new)

Katie | 359 comments You know, I actually kind of figured that a piece of Voldemort would be inside Harry before the last book. I mean, they were bonded or something, which is why Harry thought he was going bad in the fifth book.

message 36: by Anthony (new)

Anthony | 1 comments I think that the ending of the seventh book was a let down...That epilogue was terrible. It really ruined it for me.

message 37: by Katie (new)

Katie | 359 comments I just don't like the fact that it leaves so much space in between everything. I don't have enough of an imagination to pretend what could've happened in all that time. Oh, and while I'm at it, Albus Severus is probably one of the worst names ever.... What is Harry's problem? His kids are named after his parents (creepy!). He could have at least named his kid Albus Sirius and James Severus (even if it left his parents rolling in their graves). I just feel sorry for Albus Severus. That name stinks. (rant over.)

message 38: by Tess (new)

Tess | 324 comments Mod
guys, how would you feel if you were harry potter?
you're the only person to kill the evilest wizard in history.

message 39: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Technically no, he could have been defeated by anothers hands after the point at which Harry, Ron and Hermione destroy all the Horcruxes.

message 40: by Katie (new)

Katie | 359 comments Not really. Voldemort wasn't a wimp. He wouldn't let just anyone kill him. If I were him, I'd want someone famous to kill me. Not that I'd want to be killed.

message 41: by Shifa (new)

Shifa Lateef | 1 comments Katie I love your way of thinking :)

message 42: by Katie (new)

Katie | 359 comments I'm asuming that's a compliment.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

wow all you guys are really SAD!!!!!!
i quit

message 44: by Salma (new)

Salma I am still in deep mourning over Fred. I know, I know, JK was probably add a touch of tragedy ( as if we needed anymore) for literary effect, and to show the horrid results of war, but FRED? Come on...I can't re-read his scenes now without wanting to sob.

message 45: by Rainy (new)

Rainy i agree Mckenzie, i was so shocked when i read that part i was like "what the heck" but as soon as i read the part he doesnt die i was happy

and i was really happy about the 19 years epologe

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah... seriously! i mean, kill off anyone, but not fred. and if your going to kill fred, kill george too. they belong together eternally; i cant picture one of them without the other.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

u guys are even more sad than i remebber

message 48: by Rainy (new)

Rainy i was so upset when fred died it made me drop the book and i wanted to cry. because with out fred, fred and george are not the weasley twins anymore it is just george.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

u guys are even more sader than i remebber

message 50: by Katie (new)

Katie | 359 comments I remember after the sixth book everyone was sad Dumbledore died and now Fred? It's just unbearable. He is one of those characters that isn't meant to die. He's timeless.

« previous 1 3 4 5