Relaxing Fun discussion

book discussions > Favorite Children's Books

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (jessicaafrank) | 257 comments Mod
Okay, if you look at my booklist, you'll notice that I have a ton of children's books--because I am sorting through my son's books (can't keep over a dozen boxes of children's books when I've had to get rid of so many adult books--whose titles I've forgotten).

Do you have favorite children's books?

One of my favorites is The Owl and the Pussycat. My parents gave it to my son when he was born--and I still remember it almost by heart since I was a child.
jess

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I also liked The Owl and Pussycat which I also read to my son. I guess my favorite is Beatrix Potter. I always loved her drawings and my son used to just laugh over Hunca Munca and The Tale of Two Bad Mice! Then I got her movie Mrs Potter and cried and cried over it. I knew nothing about her life prior to that. I admire her greatly.
I also have about 50 children's books still left that belonged to my son and its very hard to part with them. One of my favorites is Fish is Fish about a tadpole and a fish.
Alice

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Liz wrote: "The Betsy, Tacy & Tib series was my very favorite"

I've never heard of this. I'm overly curious (not nosy), so I am hoping you will tell us a bit about it. Thanks, jess

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Alice wrote: "I also liked The Owl and Pussycat which I also read to my son. I guess my favorite is Beatrix Potter. I always loved her drawings and my son used to just laugh over Hunca Munca and The Tale of Tw..."

I have you beat, Alice. I have about 6 or so boxes left to sort through. I would like to save about 100. I did not keep most Seuss because they don't go out of print. I am keeping gifts, favorites of his and mine.

I love Beatrix Potter as well, but I haven't heard of Fish is Fish (hint). jess

message 5: by Dallas (new)

Dallas | 79 comments Mod
I love "The Boxcar Children" by Gertrude Chandler Warner because my dad read it to me when I was a kid. "Goodnight, Moon" is also a favorite.

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Dallas, I only read a few of the Boxcar Children (I think). Goodnight Moon is one of my favorites--right up there with the Owl and the Pussycat. Both were read to me when I was a child.
jess

message 7: by Dallas (new)

Dallas | 79 comments Mod
Speaks volumes about reading to kids!

message 8: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ | 1 comments All of Shaun Tan Books☺

message 9: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) I like the Frog and Toad series

message 10: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) Jennifer wrote: "All of Shaun Tan Books☺"

how do you do smily faces?