The Year We Disappeared: A Father-Daughter Memoir The Year We Disappeared discussion

John Busby

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maddi John Busby is a real trooper. He's brave, courageous, vibrant and a great guy. And above all? My Uncle! A grasping book that really makes you think; What if that was my family? A well spun story of a real life event.

Love ya!
~maddi

Gloria Maddi wrote: " John Busby is a real trooper. He's brave, courageous, vibrant and a great guy. And above all? My Uncle! A grasping book that really makes you think; What if that was my family? A well spun story o..."

When I talk about this book to my students, I tell them it was really Busby against the world. They can't believe a conspiracy like this could have occurred at Cape Cod or anywhere else in our country for that matter.

Carol I only know I could not put the book down. I just finished it. I was raising children in 1979 and though I live near the cape, I don't remember the shooting. The story really brought me into how scared the Busby Family must have been. I thought the ending was perfect because there is no ending. The family will never forget this incident ever. Yes, as Gloria wrote in the comment above "it was Busby against the world" and so true that was.