Just Deceits Author Discussion discussion

Have you read my book? If not, is it the kind of book you would read? Why or why not?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Schein (mschein99) | 11 comments Mod
This is the kind of thing any author is dying to know. Not the ego stroke of whether you read it, but why you read it or why you would or wouldn't be likely to give it a try. If you need the marketing info on it, you can find that on my website, www.michaelschein.com, or my publisher's site, http://www.bennetthastings.com/author....

message 2: by Georgia (new)

Georgia (porcia) | 3 comments If the truth is told I'm just getting to your book. It arrived from your publisher a while ago, shortly after Julene told me about it, however, I am really behind on my reading. I think for me the draw is the idea that you are working with fact. "History" has recently crept into my own work and I'm becoming more and more interested in how others handle the twists and turns of real events in fictional situations and contexts. Also, as I edit and look over my current manuscript I've discovered that my idea of what history is needs to be rethought, as I'm finding that a lot of my work is moving into the area of memoir which is really history; personal history, and maybe even the history of the collective, if that makes sense.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Georgia wrote: "If the truth is told I'm just getting to your book. It arrived from your publisher a while ago, shortly after Julene told me about it, however, I am really behind on my reading. I think for me the ..."
Hey, Georgia, I'm just tickled that you're getting to it. & for what fine motivation - slippery history. I've gone thru purist periods where I couldn't have imagined messing with history. But as I've grown older, I've seen that, as with the present, there are many pasts each moment. What I love about historical fiction, which can also apply to memoir, is that the meaningful "truths" lie in the relationships, conflicts and sacrifices of the time, not in a museum case of facts pinned to a cloth.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Meiselman | 1 comments I think your book was absolutely fantastic.

message 5: by Michael (new)

Hi Melissa,

Sorry - I haven't checked this feed in two years! But of course I'm thrilled you liked it. JUST DECEITS is my love because it came first, and it is so appealing to such a wide range of readers. BONES is harder to love, but those who tackle it find it is worth the effort. Next month, I have my first nonfiction history coming out. It's called JOHN SURRATT: THE LINCOLN ASSASSIN WHO GOT AWAY. It's a very accessible page-turner. Please add it to your "Want to read" shelf!
Thanks,
Michael