Need Captivate Entice discussion

Need (Need, #1)
This topic is about Need
Nick or Astley?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amanda (boggusmom) | 6 comments Mod
A week before Endure comes out. I know technically Nick and Zara are sopose to be soul mates but I like Astley. Am i the only one? He turned her and then helped her go rescue someone else rather then waiting for her to give up and swooping in. After all they are King and Queen and she is drawn to him.

L.P. Dover | 5 comments I feel the same way. I love what Nick and Zara have, but I have a major soft spot for Astley. He's helped Zara and been there for her and hasn't expected anything in return. I would love to see them together but I don't think it's going to turn out like that. I'm getting ready to reread Need, Captivate, and Entice before reading Endure. I've already preordered it and am soooooo excited to read it.

I think I'm gonna have to reread them all too so I can fully enjoy the characters again before jumping into Endure. I've read quite a few books since the first 3 but the fact that I still remember them after all this time is a good sign. Since you preordered you'll probably finish before i do. Can you let me know if you thought it was worth the wait?

L.P. Dover | 5 comments I sure will. I'm going to start reading Need tomorrow. I've read a bunch of books as well. I still remember the books very well but I still want to reread them. They are not that long so it's easy to go back and start again. I will let you know. I'm definitely sure it will be worth the wait, but I'm so nervous to see who she picks. I hope Astley gets a little bit of love shown his way even if he doesn't end up with Zara.

Me too. I also liked that Zaras birth father wasnt creepy in wanting to kiss his daughter for power or force her mom. He obviously struggles to keep power and do the right thing. After all not everyone who is kissed survives.

L.P. Dover | 5 comments I just got through reading some of the reviews. There were a lot of 2 stars going on. I loved these books. And yeah, I'm glad her father didn't turn out to be some major freak.

A couple of the quotes i read from a review were weird but a girl saying wow to a kiss is not a bad thing. And the haters probably didn't get further then the first book where you do get to know the characters. Every single book I've loved and hated had lovers and haters of those. Can't please everyone's tastes. I hope we meet more that like it with us.

L.P. Dover | 5 comments I read the whole book of Need today. I think I overdid the reading today but I'm trying to get all the books read before I get Endure. I preordered it and it should be on my iPad on the 8th. So I'm trying hard to get them read because once it arrives on my iPad I'm going to have dig right in and read it. I know it's hard to please everyone when an author writes a book, but I can't see how anyone didn't like it. I read a lot of YA books and yes they are a little tame compared to some of the adult paranormal romance books I read but I still like them nonetheless. Carrie Jones' writing flows so well and it's easy to read. I don't know if you have a facebook but Carrie Jones has contests going on right now for copies of Endure. I won a makeup bag with the golden shimmery makeup. The first 100 people to preorder it got to win the makeup bag. I should be getting it in the mail soon. I'm going to start on Captivate tonight.

message 9: by Trista (new)

Trista Jacie | 1 comments I definitely think that Zara should end up with Nick.I like Astley and all but honestly his personality is very unrealistic for this day and age, he doesn't really compliment Zara's personality in my opinion, and he's too much like Edward. Altough I think my final decision will depend on when I read Endure.

message 10: by L.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

L.P. Dover | 5 comments I won't say who she ends up with, but I really loved Endure. It was a great book with a lot of action. There were so many twists and turns you never knew what to expect. But I'm definitely happy with the way it ended.

Cheshire Cat (roseherondale) Astley. I didn't like Nick at all. Astley was the best.

Emily Well, I've read all four now so I know who she ends up with. Anyway, I loved Nick in the first 2 books but then he started acting all jerk-ish. For some reason though, I still liked him better than Astley. Astley just always reminded me of a love sick stalker. (sorry team Astley)

message 13: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Shay (lisa_shay01) | 3 comments Astley has something that Nick doesn't. I like both of them, but Astley is very sweet and caring. Nick is more violent (Which is understandable since they are fighting pixies). But, I don't know. Am still in book 2 and will start book 3 tomorrow.

Emily you'll love it!

Melissa  Joy (melissared) | 1 comments I liked Nick... untill he came back and hated her for being a pixie. he was quite a jerk. But then I started liking Astley. It's never the same unless it is the first person you liked though.

message 16: by Bree (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bree | 2 comments I loved the series sooo much. It made me cry several times and i knew there was something between Astley and Zara. I also definitely agree that the series ended very well but i wished there was more. Carrie did an absolutely amazing job writing this series. I still cannot get over it, i just loved the way she described Zara emotions in every bit. I am TEAM ASTLEY, I just absolutely love his name, it is so unique and cute, like the charactre himself. I hope that i will never forget the amazing NEED SERIES despite my bad memory. :( I hope to hear more from readers.

Mckenzie Chapa | 1 comments I read all the books and I was so happy who she ended up with. I like Nick and Astley, but if I had to choose I'd choose Astley over Nick even if he wasn't being suck a jerk. :) I wish there was more.. :/

message 18: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Shay (lisa_shay01) | 3 comments I finished the series and when I did I cried so hard that I even got a headache. The way it ended was sort of unexpected to me. I liked the series so much that thinking about it makes me feel sad because I want the story to continue. Anyways, now I can choose between Nick or Astley.
TEAM ASTLEY FOREVER!!!!

message 19: by Bree (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bree | 2 comments Lisa wrote: "I finished the series and when I did I cried so hard that I even got a headache. The way it ended was sort of unexpected to me. I liked the series so much that thinking about it makes me feel sad ..."
I was like that as well. I agree TEAM Astley forever!!!

Shelly B. | 2 comments I LOVE nick and Zara. Always have and always will. I am one of those people that gets really attached to book couples and can't let them go. So I am staying with nick.