Small and Independent Press Books discussion

Miscellanous > Welcome

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fiona (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:21AM) (new)

Fiona | 1 comments This is the discussion list linked to the UK magazine The Small Press Review. It is an independent bimonthly print magazine that reviews books only from the small and independent presses.

I have listed the books reviewed in the first magazine and would be pleased if other readers added their comments.

I have marked those of the books that I have personally read; I cannot comment in detail about any of the others, though I will ask the reviewers if they would like to comment.

You are welcome to compare small press books to mass market ones, but please remember that this is a discussion list for small press publications. Anything that gets too off topic will be moderated out of sight!

message 2: by Kay (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:39AM) (new)

Kay | 1 comments In group activity terms we is dead in the water - that's probably off topic, so moderate me!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

As an author published by several small publishers, I want to thank you for starting this group.

Small publishers can offer such a variety of books, but sometimes their books don't always make it to bookstores.

Do support them by buying their books!

Thanks,
Anne Whitfield
http://www.annewhitfield.com

message 4: by Gary (new)

Gary | 1 comments me too

i too thank you

what i am would never be were it not for small presses whose works have informed my outlook my worldview

and i have published more books with small independent literary presses than with big polyglomerates

http://word.to

message 5: by Marc (new)

Marc (marcbeaudin) | 1 comments What I love most about small and indy press, is the amount of artistic control kept in the hands of the author. Also, I greatly prefer letting my readers judge the worth of my work rather than an accounting department in some big, steel and glass building.

Thanks for the group.

-Marc Beaudin

message 6: by Jan (new)

Jan (jansteckel) | 2 comments Doesn't look like there's too much happening in this group these days, but I like the topic! My poetry chapbook, The Underwater Hospital, was published by Zeitgeist Press, a small press in Las Vegas, Nevada. The last small press book I read was a poetry chapbook by Dale Jensen -- you can find my review of it on Goodreads.

Best,
Jan Steckel

message 7: by Zetta (new)

Zetta (zettab) Hi!

I just stumbled across this group while visiting another one and I'm glad I did. My husband and I own/operate a small press in Scotland and find ourselves wondering if anyone else in the UK small publishing world network.

Thanks,

Zetta Brown