Christian Historical Fiction discussion

Ok, who wants to discuss what?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margaret (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:58PM) (new)

Margaret Chind (cherryblossommj) | 395 comments Mod
I like the idea of things being open with no one deadline, but so far nobody has really discussed anything. I just want to make sure that we are on the same wave length and covering what people want to cover. We have started discussions on Troublesome Creek by Jan Watson (see goodreads page) as well as the trilogy series of Rekindled, Revealed, and Remembered by Tamera Alexander. Before, we had agreed to read and discuss New Mexico Sunrise by Tracie Peterson (which we are waiting on until January per Amy's request) and Chosen by Ginger Garrett (which can either be in December or wait until February). What books do you want to read and discuss and when do you want to do so? What Christian historical fiction are you reading these days that is appealing and you'd like to hear others opinions on? I really would like to have an active group of people here discussing things. It does have to be really deep discussions, just something. What are your thoughts? I know there are ten other people here at least that have something to say????

message 2: by Karol (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:58PM) (new)

Karol Hi, Margaret! I'd enjoy an open forum where we can post and leave comments about any Christian historical fiction books we're reading. I am not sure I can participate in many of the group reads, as I already have several groups I take part in and my reading list is very full. But I am interested in hearing about new authors, etc. and will join in the discussions when I can. So far, I've had another difficulty in that I haven't been able to get most of the titles from my local library.

message 3: by Amy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:58PM) (new)

Amy (amyfishgirl) | 17 comments Sorry, I was busy reading the Redemption Series. Next is Vienna Prelude, because it needs to go back to the library by next weekend (like I'll have a problem with that!) next will be New Mexico Sunrise. then I'll get together some questions. I should have something maybe by next weekend.
I've never actually "discussed" a book with anyone, mainly because no one nearby has read anything that I do. So if anyone has any basic ideas about questions that can be applied to any book, I'd be game. ie. favorite character? & why? most shocking part? Something like that.

message 4: by Ruth (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:59PM) (new)

Ruth  (rguerrier-pierre) | 8 comments I would love to comment, but i need time to retrieve the books. Can we schedule discussion times?

message 5: by Margaret (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:00PM) (new)

Heidi Kate, They're all up. You just have to click on see ALL discussions.

message 6: by Margaret (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:00PM) (new)

We could do an open forum in addition to discussing the books on their goodreads page... I like that idea. It would bring in more book ideas.

message 7: by Margaret (new)

Obviously open forum doesn't work, as to nobody is willing to participate 'eh?

message 8: by Mystery Girl (new)

Mystery Girl (mysterygirl) | 17 comments What about The Redemption by M.L Tyndall. I've already read it but I'm going to be reading it again soon and wouldn't mind doing a discussion on it.

message 9: by Margaret (new)

I'd love to discuss that one. I haven't read it yet, but I plan to soon. I did just recently read The Falcon and the Sparrow by her and it was awesome.

message 10: by Mystery Girl (new)

Mystery Girl (mysterygirl) | 17 comments I've been waiting for my library to get that. It sounds good.

message 11: by Crystal (new)

Crystal  | 6 comments What I would love to discuss is Julie Lessman's A Passion Most Pure. Has anyone read that? I have some bones to pick, but I did like it. (ha)

I would love to get to The Falcon and the Sparrow. I would like to have a list of historicals to read because sometimes I just want to talk about them! And I don't have anyone to discuss them with. It would help if I could sort of follow a plan instead of being so random.

As a reviewer for magazines, I am assigned books, but when I get a chance to read for my own pleasure, I read historicals and romantic historicals.

Sometimes when someone else starts a thread about a book I've read, I love getting into the discussion. I have All the Tea in China and some of the other ones I see here. I am hoping to get to Sharlene MacLaren's Courting Emma and Sarah, because I already first one and really liked it!

message 12: by Mystery Girl (new)

Mystery Girl (mysterygirl) | 17 comments I read it! IT IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to read a Passion Redeemed.
I've read All the Tea in China and it's good. Courting Emma is also very good.