Vampire Romance Lovers discussion

MOVIE??

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Molly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:58PM) (new)

Molly heylo! i read just a little while ago that they are making a movie of twilight. anybody know if this is real or not?!?!!? i hope so, but i dont want to be disapointed if it turns out to be crappy. so, put it on the board if ya do!!!

message 2: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:58PM) (new)

Laura (laurastamps) Yes. Stephanie Meyer has optioned the film rights for her "Twilight" book to Summit Entertainment. Meyers has just announced that Kristen Stewart has been cast in the lead role for the character of Bella Swan.

I just read this yesterday on "Urban Fantasy Reader," my favorite urban fantasy blog, which always features the breaking news on new novels and book-related stuff in this genre. Check it out when you get a chance at http://urbanfantasyreader.braveblog.com .

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly For more info about "Twilight" the book, movies, sequels, and Stephenie Meyer, I like her website. It's got info about the books, other projects she's working on, pictures, event listings, and, one of my favorites, playlists for each of the "Twilight" books. Go to http://www.stepheniemeyer.com

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (giraffe_days) Just to add to the above info, Robert Pattinson - who played Cedric in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - is playing Edward. I personally think it's a great casting choice - I never would have thought of him but I can see him being perfect.

The movie's due out at the end of the year. I think they're even filming it in the real town of Forks, because the director etc. went there. Either that or they wanted a feel for the place.

message 5: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (mlhiggins84) Sometimes when a book is as great as Twilight I wish they wouldn't make a movie. I can picture all the characters in my mind so perfectly and there is no way it will fit to the movie. I hope they do it justice. But maybe I'm just paranoid and it will the awesome.

message 6: by Victoriya (new)

Victoriya (semenvictoriyayahoocom) | 2 comments I think the movie totally ruins ruins the imagination part. I imagined the characters so well in my mind, but when I watched the movie I started picturing everything the same way it was in the movie. I couldn't even remember my imagination.

message 7: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth (lizzardbreath) I think the movie sucked. The book is in way more detail. Even though they had a budget to stick to they could have at least gotten better actors. (not including Rob, of course.) When Bella said, "I'm only afraid of losing you", she sounded and looked quite terrified, which the actual Bella is supposed to sound in love because she actually means it. Then there's Jasper, he was looking extremely nauseous and I am pretty sure the real Jasper wouldn't have looked so. And everyone else just kinda weirded me out with their acting skills. Rob was good, but he could have done better.

message 8: by Magen (new)

Magen (magen0222) | 7 comments i agree with you except for i think jasper was played really well. i had imagined alice jasper jacob and emmett were played the way i had imagined it. rob patterson did good but i didnt really imagine him looking like that, dont get me wrong i totally love rob but i pictured him looking a LOT hotter and more alluring and sensual

message 9: by Kitty (new)

Kitty i think the book was better than the movie. In
the movie they took out to many scenes and
parts i really wanted to see =|

message 10: by Victoriya (new)

Victoriya (semenvictoriyayahoocom) | 2 comments same here. I agree with all of you! Can't make a book into a movie!

message 11: by Malice (new)

Malice (LadyMalice) | 4 comments The movie as a stand alone was good IF you hadn't bothered to read the books. But with the movie you didn't "know" what Bella was thinking/feeling and so you lost a lot of the story right there. I took my mom to see it who hadn't read the books, and she loved it, and I just kept telling her "You wouldn't be saying that if you read the books".

Movies from books rarely ever work out. I can only think of a handful that have been as good or better than their literary counterparts.

~Malice

message 12: by Magen (new)

Magen (magen0222) | 7 comments yeah i totally agree with yall- books shouldnt be made into movies period.

message 13: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne some boooks do adapt well to films::but the problem for me is castings choice of actors::the actor who played edward cullen just didn't *do it*for me::i have a very strong image for *edward*and it just was n't him::i've heard that in the next film the actor who played *jacob*has been changed::well hey ho like we know he's a shifter::but not such that he can change his human features::i haven't seen twilight and wont see the rest either::

message 14: by Sunni (new)

Sunni Oza | 9 comments I had a hard time with the movie like most people after reading the books. I gave it my best shot to watch it objectively like I never read the books. But seriously, the acting was very painful to watch as was the never-ending forest scenes. I think the series may have potential but Edward they casted was an odd choice. Frankly 99% of the casting was. But I like to think that is the MAIN point. Movies are never as good as our imaginations and thus why they will NEVER replace books.

message 15: by Cameron (new)

Cameron | 52 comments i was so mad when i was the movie. it made me think that i should have watched the movie before reading the book. SUCH a dissapointment in my oppinion. they left out parts that held it together and showed the relationship just like bertita said.
the whole time when i was watching the movie everybody was telling me to shut up because i was all they leaft this part out and they left that part out. lol

message 16: by jamie (new)

jamie (jmelauren) I think the movie left out the really important scences and kept all the fluff. Like the whole Alice/Jasper/Bella part was vital to the story and they just skipped in the movie. Bella was so passive in the movie. In the book she was always angry with Edward and that just never happened in the movie. I really didn't like them not being together in school at all. That first time they had lunch together was like the beginning. And I hated that when they went to the dinner she didn't know he was a vamp, she was supposed to know already.