Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group discussion

What are U doing today? > Fri. Dec. 26, 2008

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Dec 26, 2008 08:56PM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments We're still enjoying the gathering of the family for the Christmas holiday. The kids went skiing at West Mountain today. We rested. :)

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 6329 comments We had a good, if hectic time, yesterday. The morning was quiet, but around 4pm, my son, Brandon, his girlfriend, Ashley, & her dog, Drifter, showed up after an 11 hour drive. Drifter is the largest Chesapeake Bay Retriever I've ever seen. Not as stocky as most, but very tall & rangy. He fit right in with the other 5 dogs - 4 Jack Russell Terriers & one Australian mix, my daughter Erin's dog, Molly.

My wife, Marg, put the ham in the oven & forgot to turn it on. We all went out for a walk. Drifter was thrilled that we have 2 ponds for him to play in. He amused us by paddling around, barking at his splashes. He's not much for hunting, but thought the stick selection was overwhelming in our woods. He was in doggy heaven & took a while to coax back in.

We got back to the house to find my DIL, Chris, her sister & BIL had got here - actually, her JRT, Turtle, had come out to tell us. We had a good time & managed to get the ham heated up in time, but somehow the rolls got forgotten in the chaos. Oh well, the meal was good without them.

We swapped presents & had a fine evening of it. I got lots of fudge & chocolate chip cookies - like my growing pot belly needs them! I may have to break down & start doing situps or something. Still, they were yummy.

message 3: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Jim, I see that even the dogs had a Merry Christmas, especially with the excellent "stick selection" you have in your woods. (lol)

Enjoy the gooodies... you can start dieting tomorrow. :)