Sacramento readers discussion

Sacramento book-clubs?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jason (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:57PM) (new)

Jason Are there any out there in Sacramento? I'm thinking of joining one but I don't know of any.

If someone is in one - which books has your group read recently?

Thanks

message 2: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (natashareads) | 1 comments Hello, Jason.

I do not belong to any book clubs; however, there is a Sac Bee Book Club (events are published in the Bee's Scene section) and I believe that Borders and Barnes and Noble have ongoing clubs. Perhaps this will give you places to start.

All the best,
Natasha

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori | 3 comments The Sacramento Public Library hosts a book club in bars and coffee shops around town. Check out www.altlibrary.com or www.meetup.com/altlibrary for more info. This month's book is The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson.

message 4: by Keleigh (last edited May 21, 2010 11:02AM) (new)

Keleigh | 1 comments It's All Yoga, a yoga studio at 21st and X, also has a book club that meets every couple months. The last book they read was "Lovingkindness" by Sharon Salzberg, but they've had quite a variety of books so far. Great community too.

message 5: by That (new)

That (book__maven) | 2 comments There are tons in the sac area you can find them on a site called meetup.com

message 6: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 9 comments Thanks for the link Crystal!

message 7: by That (new)

That (book__maven) | 2 comments welcome hope it helps.. I have been planning on going to one of the clubs but haven't found the time to go yet.

message 8: by Rick (new)

Rick (rook916) I started a small club, Our good reads name is Carpe Noctem. We haven't met up yet because we don't have a lot of people yet.