Talk About Anything That Needs Talking About discussion

Movies > Least Favourite Movies

Comments (showing 1-20 of 20) (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Josiah, The Stallion Who Mounts The World (new)

Josiah (josiahmorgan11) | 500 comments Mod
1. Abduction starring Taylor Lautner
2. Knowing starring Nicholas Cage
3. John Carter starring I-Can't-Remember-His-Name

message 2: by Char (new)

Char 1) Twilight movies.
2) Con-Air

message 3: by Josiah, The Stallion Who Mounts The World (new)

Eugh! Twilight acting was horrible and over the top..

message 4: by Lilsurprise (new)

Lilsurprise | 52 comments 1) Twilight series
Twight series is just the worst movie ever invented..

message 5: by Char (new)

Char *sigh* I feel right at home. : )

message 6: by Jason (new)

Jason (Jokers_Knight_Out) Frogs- Slept less than halfway through then didn't wake up until after credits.
2012: Doomsday- definitely THE worst Christian movie I've ever seen (nothing practical in it, nothing but textbook cliches and stereotypes about how nonChristian are and how Christians are "supposed" to be like)
The Shining- After watching it several times, I never got the meaning behind the title, looking up the book, found out what the name meant and found out why it felt so off to me as a book-based movie.
Twilight series- I've seen really good vampire movies (the Dracula movie with Abbott and Costello, Copolla's version of Dracula, even Queen of the Damned in comparison), but this, as Dean Winchester on Supernatural said in season 5, "These aren't vampires, they're douchebags!"
Oh, yes! And Dead Silence. Definitely the worst horror movie I've seen in the last ten years. Even the unrated was horribly done.

message 7: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Hi, Jason!

Which version of The Shining did you watch? I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get much out of it..

message 8: by Jason (new)

Jason (Jokers_Knight_Out) The Kubrick version, didn't know there was a miniseries version until recently, so haven't seen it yet.

message 9: by Dustin (new)

Dustin I haven't seen the mini-series, either, but I know that SK wrote the script, which is supposed to be fairly loyal to the novel.

I love the Kubrick's version. And like you, Kyle, Nicholson's performance really did it for me (he's just AWESOME, IMO!)

message 10: by Char (last edited May 25, 2012 01:16PM) (new)

Char Yeah, but that was the problem with Kubrick's movie, if you ask me.
The Shining (the book) was more about Jack Torrance's descent into madness. When you see Nicholson's face in one of the first scenes of the movie-he already looks insane. That sort of ruined that version of the movie for me. : (

Edited to add that I do think Nicholson was good in the movie. It's just that this version is not faithful to the book, IMHO.

message 11: by Dustin (new)

Dustin I also agree with you, Charlene, about there being no decent into madness in Kubrick's film. I still love it, though.

Kyle- I'm kind of surprised that you didn't really care for the novel..

message 12: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnaenden) | 95 comments Mod
I have yet to read this book and I have never seen either movie...I know sad, but true. Back when the Shining came out I was not into watching horror movies and still don't care much for them they are to predictable. I recently required "the Shining" recently and will get to it soon.. or so I hope...lol

message 13: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Hi, Donna-

Enjoy The Shining. It's one of SK's very best, IMO.

message 14: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Kyle, The Rebel Leader wrote: "Dustin wrote: "I also agree with you, Charlene, about there being no decent into madness in Kubrick's film. I still love it, though.

Kyle- I'm kind of surprised that you didn't really care for th..."

Oh, all right.:)

message 15: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (Christinesbookshelves) | 381 comments I don't want to see that movie

message 16: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Christine wrote: "I don't want to see that movie"

Hi, Christine!

You don't want to see The Shining?

message 17: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (Christinesbookshelves) | 381 comments Oh yeah I did that movie and I thought it was good

message 18: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Christine wrote: "Oh yeah I did that movie and I thought it was good"

Which version of The Shining did you see?

Jessica *Wise Owl* (Archery27) | 15 comments Heaven on Earth, mainly because i feel the main character ended up with the wrong guy.

message 20: by Josiah, The Stallion Who Mounts The World (new)

Rock of Ages is pretty good. Knowing is OK(capital OK!!)

Talk About Anything That Needs Talking About

unread topics | mark unread