Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Christmas Rush Week!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Christmas is Thursday, right? Are you ready? Did you buy everything you needed to buy? Are you traveling in this shitty weather? Are you ready? Pressure! Pressure! Pressure!

I'm ready. I was going to wrap my wife's presents when she reminded me of the gift bag, a lovely invention for which I'm forever grateful. We still have to decide what we're eating on Christmas day, which gets a little tricky since my mother in law is visiting so we have to have some nod to traditional Christmas things, but that'll be ok. We'll work it out. I'm actually kind of bored now, waiting for Christmas...not much going on this week.

And...you?

message 2: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments I still have a few gifts to pick up (Yay procrastination!). Luckily we missed out on the bad weather, but it's bitterly cold here. My in-laws are located about 30 min. away, so no heavy traveling. My job is in the corporate world, so I will have a pretty full week of playing on GR...er, I mean working aside from Thursday. The day off will be nice, but i'm not a fan of that "ass-kicked" feeling that I will have upon returning to work Fri. after sitting around all day Thurs. eating too much food.

In case I haven't mentioned it in five minutes or so, this is the time of year that i'm totally jealous of you folks in the education field.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Gift bags are for peekers! Your lady is smart. :)

I cannot get out of the house! No stores are open (I walked to town yesterday, which is quite a feat considering that our town doesn't own a snowplow, apparently, and there were only two stores open--neither of which will help me fill in the blanks, present-wise. The main freeway out of Gresham is closed! The train isn't running!

I'm supposed to be downtown at 2:00 for The Nutcracker, which is non-refundable, so I'm hoping it gets cancelled. We all had to buy the $70 tickets this year, because that's all that was available. OH MAN! I'm trying not to get Grinchy about the snow--especially since I made all the kids at my school close their eyes and wish for it in the first place (what was I thinking?)!

It is still falling--and very beautiful. Right now it is all frosty and sparkly and purple and green lit while the sun is coming up.

For Christmas, my dad is going to have to come and get us in his four-wheel-drive with chains because there's no way my car is going to make it to Boring. Unless it rains (not supposed to). I should have made my students wish for rain!

message 4: by Jackie "the Librarian" (last edited Dec 22, 2008 10:04AM) (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I'm really glad I walked downtown on Saturday, because things have just gotten worse since then - more and more SNOW!
But my shopping is done, I got a lot of it wrapped yesterday, and the only thing I have to figure out is how to get all the ingredients for a turkey dinner home from the store when I can't drive my car to get it!

[image error]

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments And I have no way of getting cookies to the people I was planning on giving cookies to...
I wasn't planning on eating them all myself, but....

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Oh! And I STILL don't have a Christmas TREE! Ratsafratsamuttermutter...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Gee willikers you guys are really getting dumped on out there. Maybe you can hire one of the neighbor kids to carry some of your groceries for you. It doesn't look like any kind of cart or wagon will work for you till the sidewalks and roads are cleared.

message 8: by RandomAnthony (last edited Dec 22, 2008 10:41AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Jackie and Sarah, I want you to know that you inspired me to give the local librarians cookies tomorrow. I'm afraid everyone forgets the local librarians. They deserve cookies, too. Except for the mean ones. Maybe I should leave a note on the cookies that says "mean librarians stay away."

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

♥ ♥ ♥

message 10: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17338 comments Mod
I'm back from Sweeter's family Christmas this weekend. We do it early because his sister and bro in law come into town from Kansas. Then they go visit Joe's family the weekend after Christmas and everybody is equally loved. I guess today I'll head downtown and start my shopping. So far I've only bought some ornaments for my sister. I think I'm going to get my mom a set of coffee mugs. No idea what Sweeter wants/needs. Hopefully something will leap out at me.
I also have to go turn in my gradebook. *sigh*

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Yes! Librarians definitely deserve cookies! That is a genius idea, RA!
I'd say "What mean librarians?", but unfortunately, they do exist. And they will eat the cookies even with that note, RA.

message 12: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17338 comments Mod
So, normally when I go anywhere for the weekend things go into automatic shut off mode. Not this weekend! I think my bowels were so excited for fully functional plumbing they were having a colonpalooza.

message 13: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I think my bowels were so excited for fully functional plumbing they were having a colonpalooza.

Yazza!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.