The Egypt Game (Game, #1) The Egypt Game discussion

Great book!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephisita (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stephisita This book is very interesting! It's really a mixture of ancient egyptian facts with todays children and their customs. I couldn't stop reading it. The way the author usesimagery on the book, the way the author makes it feel so real! I even got goosebumps, it felt as if I were April, one of the main characters in the story. Besides, the author describes so well the characters you get a perfect image of how those characters look. I really thought the book was awesome, I truly recomend this book to all my classmates and everyone else who hasn't read it!

message 2: by Chicklet (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chicklet I love this book! I still have my childhood copy.
When I read this book, I think I was in late elementary school, I wanted to do the same thing - have an Egypt Game where we copied the rituals and things.
I came across the sequel called The Gypsy Game. I've only read a little way into the first chapter. It doesn't look as good, but eventually I will give it a try since The Egypt Game was fantastic.
This is a great author. I suggest you take a look at her other books as well.

message 3: by Leslie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:17PM) (new)

Leslie I don't think the students in my class have liked The Gypsy Game as much as The Egypt Game. I, too, remember this book from childhood --my 5th grade teacher read it to us.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

i do not like this book at all

Valerie I remembered reading it in 5th grade. But most of all, I remembered loving it! It was so interesting and unique and all out awesome!

Starburst I loved this book!