Writing Passionates discussion

aahhh ... nostalgia ...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 5857 comments Mod
heehee i was just looking through old comments and i found some from when i first got my story ideas. it's funny.

hey sella, here's the first comment i made about moon rise XD :

I had this idea that I thought was really good, but I got completely stuck after the first few chapters. It's about three princesses. The youngest one is timid, the middle one is brave, and the oldest one is a little of each and creates a kind of balance. But then the oldest one disappears, and no one knows what has happened to her. Not too long after her disappearance, the youngest sister starts seeing ghosts. A few years go by, and one day the youngest sister sees the oldest sister--but she isn't a ghost. Somehow, she's trapped in the spirit world but she isn't dead. So the youngest sister and the middle sister have to find the oldest sister somehow. But I don't really know how. I've tried to develop the idea in my head for months, but I can't think of anything. Any ideas?

message 2: by Brigid ✩ (new)

some of the earlier comments about soul stealer:

me: hey, i had this good idea that i got really stuck on. I wrote the first few chapters and then stopped because I didn't know what to happen next. okay, so here was the basic story so far: there was this girl, and she was sort of "undead" or something. like, she had died, but was in a sort of weird afterlife. only now she has weird supernatural powers. and she's basically like the Grim Reaper. by that, i mean, when people are about to die, she goes to them and takes their souls. So she's kind of miserable, and she also misses her human life, but she's in denial about it. She keeps telling herself that humans are stupid and she's glad not to be one anymore, but really she is totally depressed. Then this guy starts following her around, and this is strange because humans don't usually notice her (unless they're about to die and she's taking their souls away). That's where I stopped writing. My plan for the rest of it was that the guy would turn out to be her opposite: he saves people's souls. so they hate each other at first but then they fall in love somehow (not really sure how) and that's bad for some reason... there's some sort of punishment for it. see, i haven't really figured it out. but i liked the first few chapters that i wrote. any advice? maybe i'll post some of it...

sella: That sounds really intriguing! Maybe it's bad for the boy and girl to fall in love because then they will combine, and nobody will ever have their souls taken away or saved again.

me: ooh. interesting. i like that...

haha wow. this seems like it was all from soooo long ago

message 3: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller that's so funny. Is that what actually happened? I never read the ending because you TOOK IT OFF!

message 4: by Brigid ✩ (new)

sorry!!!! i'm trying to edit it right now ....

message 5: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) | 2205 comments Mod
yeah seriously brigid!

message 6: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments LOL

message 7: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller hmph

message 8: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Sella Malin | 4530 comments Mod
omg brigid I remember that!! XD *siiigghh* this brings back memories...:( the other day, I found the place where I first got the idea for star soul, but i can't find it anymore...hmm. i'll post it when I find it! :D

message 9: by Brigid ✩ (new)

okay XD

message 10: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

mmkay, i found it...

me: Another idea I had, though I don't think it will work, is about these creatures (I don't even know what kind, yet) that whenever someone dies, they take their soul and rebirth it to some new person, and that new person will have the same interests and skills as the one who died, but none of the memories or anything- they're supposed to "delete" the memories before putting the soul in a new body. But one creature is just learning, and they forget to "delete" the memories, so some baby gets born with all the memory, knowledge and experiences that the person before them did. I don't know if I like it much; it's too science-fiction for me, and I don't know really what the story would be about. What do you guys think?

brigid: interesting beginning. so...then the baby would be this total genius? Maybe some scientists will want to study him/her, and the creature who messed up might feel bad and want to help the genius kid.

roni: that sounds pretty cool

kenzie: Like Albert Einstein, right?

me: Yeah, kind of. I was thinking more kind of like Artemis Fowl.

---

haha!! star soul turned out to be a bit different than that- cindy isn't like albert einstein or anything. haha. XD

oooh, and i founjd the one for tulip's cozy tea!! :D

I don't know if it will work, but I kind of like the story I am working on right now. It is about this young woman who wants to be a writer, but she thinks she's a failure. Everything she's tried to write, it hasn't worked out. Then she gets this idea to write a story about a tea parlor, and she starts to write it. But then, after a few chapters, she is stuck- she doesn't know what to write next. It's another failure. She decides to go out and get some coffee to "calm her nerves." When she is driving, she gets carried away, and ends up farther away from starbucks then she can tell. When she turns a corner, she stops the car abruptly. Because sitting in front of her is the tea parlor that she had just made up. The exact same name, and it looks just like she had described it. I don't want to say anymore right now, but what do you guys think? Does it sound interesting? (and please don't steal my idea)

---

lol. XD

and...yet...another!! I found the one for the morte. or, at least, what inspired the morte.

Once I had the idea of this girl who goes on this ship. On the ship are these creatures called Lutes, who are really weird-looking. They act all nice to her, but once they get to their island they imprison her. On the ship, they got her to answer a question with the word "Yes" and they bound her word in a book and then she had to destroy that book...um, it was messed up.

---

wow...this is so weird. XD

message 11: by Brigid ✩ (new)

lol! weirdly, i remember all this ...

message 12: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

i know, me too! like it was yesterday. XD

message 13: by Brigid ✩ (new)

well not really. it seems like a long time ago to me ... lol

message 14: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

lol...its just hard for me to believe that so much time has passed since then...coz i remember when i was typing those things, and now i look @ it and i'm like "Woooahh" XD

message 15: by Brigid ✩ (new)

XD haha

message 16: by Brigid ✩ (new)

apparently my first comment in this group was:

"I have a journal, but I don't write in it very often--only when there's something really important on my mind. And when I do write in a journal, I find it hard because I don't feel like I'm writing about myself. I feel like I'm writing from another person's perspective, someone who is trying to put my thoughts into words but miserably failing. I don't know. It's hard to describe."

omg, i wrote everything so FORMALLY. what's w/all the punctuation and capital letters? i've gotten lazier since then. lol

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

SO HAVE I!!!!

message 18: by Brigid ✩ (new)

yaaay us

message 19: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppppp. I don't remember my first comment, but then again, *laughs* I DON'T REMEMBER ANYTHING! HAHA!

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) My first comment was a writing post XD

message 21: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (last edited Dec 24, 2008 10:57PM) (new)

omg haha brigid i remember when i wrote everything with capital letters back then too!! i was so proper. now i've also grown lazy. haha. what's the fun of being proper when you can just be lazy and no one cares? teehee. XD

i found my first comment ever written in this group!! XD ::

"Whenever I come up with an idea, it's usually because something around me evokes a spark in my head. Maybe it's something that's just happened or something I've just seen. I usually never get one when I'm looking for them- they just come to me in the middle of nowhere. I'm no trouble with getting ideas. But sometimes, when I have an idea, and start writing, I get stuck; I don't know how to continue on it."

haha. XD proper baloney. XD

apparently i hadn't caught the 'XD' disease back then, not yet. haha. XD

message 22: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
I still talk with proper punctuation and capitalization, usually. For a while I didn't even bother, but when you are typing often, (stories, I mean) capitalizing the first letter of a sentence and using punctuation becomes entirely natural and you type so fast that you can't even stop it.

message 23: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments So do I, I guess it's a bad habit. If I'm trying to type really fast I might not use properness, but I usually try too.

It's probably 'cause we were all new, and we all didn't want to seem sloppy, or lazzy. LOL. Now we all know each other fairly well, and it doesn't matter.

message 24: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Yeah, exactly. XD

message 25: by Brigid ✩ (new)

huh weird. idk. when i'm on the internet it feels natural to not capitalize letters, and when i'm writing formally it feels natural to capitalize them ... idk i can switch between the two i guess. lol

message 26: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

yeah, its both for me...when i first came to the group, i was always doing that, but now i don't care...on the internet it doesn't really matter. but i do care when i'm writing formally. it's just all programmed in. lol. XD

message 27: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller idk... sometimes i capitalize and punctuate on GR. sometimes i don't. either way.

message 28: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

I agree.

message 29: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

i see. XD

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol, I just love how MS Word capitalizes everything for you.

message 31: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller yeah it's helpful.

message 32: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (last edited Dec 28, 2008 12:33AM) (new)

i always capitalize everything automatically when i'm writing stories and such...

message 33: by Brigid ✩ (new)

ditto

message 34: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

XD

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) It depends for me. Every once in a while, I forget to so it has to do it for meh XD

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

me too, I capitalize stuff just off of instinct.

message 37: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments i dont

message 38: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Well, most of the time I do, but half the time I didn't with nano. Sometimes word corrected me, sometimes word didn't correct me. It depended on if I missed the shift key on the first letter of the first word of somebody talking.

But other than when I'm typing realy really really really fast, I tend to capitalize and use punctuation.

message 39: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

I do it automattically . . . I have Word Perfect, and i am not so sure it does that, so I just do it all the time while writing sorties / / /

message 40: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

"Word Perfect?" Hmm, I've never heard of that. I used to use Microsoft Word (which is my favorite), but then I got a new laptop that only has this weird program called Open Office, so I'm forced to use that. It sucks. :(

message 41: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

I've heard of open office and of wordperfect. I've actually used wordperfect once or twice before.

message 42: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Well, DON'T use openoffice. Because it will annoy the crap out of you. BELIEVE ME. GRRRRRRR!!! If openoffice was a person, I'd go out and kill him/her before you could say "whoops"!!!!

message 43: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

And then you'd be arrested... and then bailed out... and then you would have to go to court... and it would be messy.

Boy, it's a good thing that open office isn't a person!!!

message 44: by Brigid ✩ (new)

ugh i hate microsoft word. the squiggly lines annoy me soooo much ... plus it makes you lazy cuz it just capitalizes everything for you. ><

i use appleworks. yeah, i know, it's ancient. but it works for me. ^^

message 45: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments lol i use microsoft

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, Microsoft word is the only thing I can use. I have adobe reader, but idk how to work it.

message 47: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments me too!

message 48: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

You can go to the microsoft website and allow you to download something that saves word files as .pdf files. Which helps if you are reading something and don't want to be able to mess with it while you are reading. I don't know how to use adobe reader farther than that though... and I don't know anybody who does.

And Brigid, you can turn of those squiggly lines. I only know how to do it in word '07 but you can turn it off in any of the versions. I don't know anything about for mac though.

message 49: by Brigid ✩ (new)

yeah i know you can turn them off but it's still a pain ... appleworks just has better vibes for me. it's not as ... controlling. ><

message 50: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments lolz......how can a computer program be controlling??

« previous 1