Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

Hermione or Ginny?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 61) (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Who, in the books, do you like better- Hermione or Ginny? I personally like Hermione better.

Ascel Kadhem Me too, I like Hermione better :)

Allie Ginny, I really like Ginny a lot. I did like Hermoine but she just seemed too smart and too bossy. Kinda reminds me of me but oh well :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Ally (Harry Potter Nerd) wrote: "Ginny, I really like Ginny a lot. I did like Hermoine but she just seemed too smart and too bossy. Kinda reminds me of me but oh well :)"

Yeah I love Ginny too but I have a lot in common with Hermione so she just kind of makes a big impression on me (:

Allie Yeah I have red hair like Ginny but other than that I have everything else in common with Hernoine, Ginny just made a better impression on me i guess xD

Alexandra I like them both, but Hermione most. She's loyal, and brave, and smart, and she punched Malfoy. Punching Malfoy earns her lots of points.

What I don't get was why she chose Ron over Harry. Believe me, I love Ron, but he was often mean, they always fought, and Harry is Harry. (And I don't mean famous i mean him as a person.) Can anybody explain???

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Ally (Harry Potter Nerd) wrote: "Yeah I have red hair like Ginny but other than that I have everything else in common with Hernoine, Ginny just made a better impression on me i guess xD"

Red hair is the best!!! I've always wished that I had red hair ): I have SUPER dark brown.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Alexandra wrote: "I like them both, but Hermione most. She's loyal, and brave, and smart, and she punched Malfoy. Punching Malfoy earns her lots of points.

What I don't get was why she chose Ron over Harry. Believe..."

Yeah! i loved the part when she punched him (: And I agree with you on Ron- I never liked him that much but if Hermione had chosen Harry instead what would have happened to Ron??

Dani J K Rowling couldn't leave dear Ron as a third wheel :) I liked Ron - I guess he sort of balanced out Hermione. I REALLY didn't see that couple coming till halfway through the last book :L I'm slow though.

I like Hermione better, although if they were real I'd probably be better friends with Ginny.

Carina I preferred Hermione too, I think because she very much reminded me of myself.

Ginny was always just a 'background' character to me until the fourth book and by the time her character really began to develop Hermione was just... there if that makes sense.

Andrew Humphrey herminoe

message 12: by Ria (last edited Apr 11, 2012 11:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria Ali HERMIONE!!!! I JUST LOOOVE HER!! SHE IS SO CARING, BOSSY, AND VERY MUCH LIKE ME!! but nevertheless i love ginny's character too. its so independent and naughty.
by the way, i love ginny's bat bogey hex!!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Ria wrote: "HERMIONE!!!! I JUST LOOOVE HER!! SHE IS SO CARING, BOSSY, AND VERY MUCH LIKE ME!! but nevertheless i love ginny's character too. its so independent and naughty.
by the way, i love ginny's bat bage..."

I totally agree!!!

Allie Hadley wrote: "Ally (Harry Potter Nerd) wrote: "Yeah I have red hair like Ginny but other than that I have everything else in common with Hernoine, Ginny just made a better impression on me i guess xD"

Red hair ..."

Yeah. I like it, everyone tells me i have really nice hair. even total strangers, sometimes it scares me. xD

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

ginny is a little more rebellious then hermione and harry loves her so i always agree with harry

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Ally (Harry Potter Nerd) wrote: "Hadley wrote: "Ally (Harry Potter Nerd) wrote: "Yeah I have red hair like Ginny but other than that I have everything else in common with Hernoine, Ginny just made a better impression on me i guess..."

(:

Allie Yeah anyway back to the topic you posted.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Ally (Harry Potter Nerd) wrote: "Yeah anyway back to the topic you posted."

Yeah (:

Gracie Oh god, i can't choose. i love them both so much... why did you ask such a hard question?!!!

message 20: by M. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M. Hermione

Gracie M. wrote: "Hermione"

why?

Melissa Eisenmeier As much as I like Ginny, I'm going with Hermione here. I really like smart, bookish people.

Charlie Ginny's always in the shadows, until the last 3 books gave her the spotlight. It will, and always will be Hermoine Jane Granger for me

message 24: by Gracie (last edited Apr 11, 2012 07:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gracie Yes but Ginny's such a strong character. She used the bat bogey hex in the sixth book, took over from Harry as seeker, watched her future husband's infatuation with Cho, was a leading member of the DA, stuck up for her friends (like Neville)...

Irish Hermione :-) and Emma Watson

message 26: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 12, 2012 02:16AM) (new)

I can't remember. I finished the series years ago and can barely remember anything. xD I remember liking Hermione better because I connected with her more than Ginny though. :)

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ I like Hermione better.

message 28: by Seto (new) - rated it 5 stars

Seto Elkahfi Hermione offcourse :D

Swathika Manu Hermione and Ginny! Sorry! I can't choose!

message 30: by A. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A. Marie Hadley wrote: "Who, in the books, do you like better- Hermione or Ginny? I personally like Hermione better."

Hermione

Betsy Luna, hands down!

Gracie Bronte wrote: "Clang wrote: "Ginny's always in the shadows, until the last 3 books gave her the spotlight. It will, and always will be Hermoine Jane Granger for me"

((Isn't her middle name Jean??))"

yeah, it definitely is

Ashlynn Betsy wrote: "Luna, hands down!"
Well, Luna isn't in this chat they asked for Hermione or Ginny. Sorry if I sound bossy or obnoxious but that's where I get my inner Hermione from.

Hermione all the way. I just didn't like Ginny that much.

Gracie Ginny is Ginevra Molly Weasley or Ginevra Molly Potter depending on what age you're thinking of... actually it could be Hermione Jean Weasley too

Eva Inevitable I really liked Ginny in the books but I don't think she was cast very well in the movie in my opinion

Tehreem Hermione. I never really liked Ginny. She just didn't leave a very good impression; well, in my opinion.

Emily :) Ginny is my favorite but i love Hermione too. Hermione is smart and she punched Malfoy which i loved but i just felt like Ginny is better.

Sabine Augustin Hermione

Courtney I don't know. I like them both, they are both important characters in their own way.
However, I suppose if I had to choose I would chooe Hermoine, I guess. Neither of them are in my top 5 fave character list though.

Julia Rose Hermione

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Ginny. Hermione is my mortal enemy. Slapping Draco Malfoy was just about the only credible thing she did throughout the entire series.
Quote from Half-Blood Prince:
"Oh, don't start acting as though you understand Quidditch," snapped Ginny, "you'll only embarass yourself."

Yep. That's pretty much my attitude toward Hermione. Points to Ginny for saying that.

message 43: by Fatmasibel (new) - added it

Fatmasibel Sahin To tell the truth, ginny is a only forced character to be loved in harry. Hermonie is a hero, forever. She is very generous and smart. She can overcome everything. Hermonie is the best. She is more brave than even Harry or Ron. Her family doesn't know anything about witches. However she does everything as they should be

Paige Hermione totally!!!!! I think Ginny was mean to Hermione in the Half Blood Prince when they were talking about Qudditch. I think Ginny wants to take the spotlight by playing Qudditch.

message 45: by Teri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Teri Clang wrote: "Ginny's always in the shadows, until the last 3 books gave her the spotlight. It will, and always will be Hermoine Jane Granger for me"

Sorry, but her middle name's Jean. Sorry. I just couldn't let it go. :)

message 46: by Teri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Teri Gracie wrote: "Yes but Ginny's such a strong character. She used the bat bogey hex in the sixth book, took over from Harry as seeker, watched her future husband's infatuation with Cho, was a leading member of the..."

And Hermione fought for the rights of house elves before it was the popular thing to do, took the blame for the whole thing with the mountain troll, made pollyjuice potion in her second year, and put up with Ron! So there! :)

message 47: by Teri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Teri I like them both, but I base my like or dislike of characters on their relationships with others. I always loved Hermione's friendship with Harry, but I thought Ginny made a better girlfriend for him. If I had to choose just one, though, I would have to choose Hermione. She's simply a stronger character.

Gabrielle I love Hermione! She is so totally awesome.
Hermione + Harry= awesome!
Ron+ death= awesome!
Ginny + Dean= okay!
Ginny is okay, but I love Hermione and my dad calls me his "Hermione Girl"! ;)

Whitney St-Marseille Definitely Hermione. I always wanted her and Harry to end up together.

message 50: by Jeni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeni I like Hermoine instinctively because we learn more about her through the course of the books as a main character.

That doesn't quite mean I dislike Ginny, though. She always seemed to know exactly what Harry needed for support and understood that his mission was more important than romance. I like and respect that about her. Even moreso because they are teenagers when she displays this awesome bit of maturity.

So while I like Hermoine very much, I don't want her married to Harry as an adult. I like Ginny's gentle understanding and balance to Harry's tormented teen life and the quiet support she gives him as a spouse. He deserves a nice, quiet adulthood and Ginny can give that to him.

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (other topics)