teen writers discussion

general > ATTENTION!!!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

hey guys,
this group is for people editing/revising a first draft. don't put in stories that you're done with. Just put in a chapter or two THAT YOU'RE WOKRING ON, and people can help you BEFORE you put in on goodreads. make sense?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

yep

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

THANK YOU

message 4: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ clear as crystal

message 5: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller yup yup yeppers.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

ok, please copy and paste it into the comment box also. got it? do NOT paste links for stories, and especially no lists.

message 7: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Alrighty then! Someone's in a wonderful mood. What's got your knickers in a bunch?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

*pouts*

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

ok now! here are the rules:

1. only paste a story that IS NOT on goodreads yet. we are your editors, and once you're happy with the scene, you can put it up.

2. only a chapter or two

3. NO LINKS. PERIOD.

4. when you do post a chapter up, please order it in alphabetical order. i have put up folder names 'stories A-F' etc. if your story is 'bob the magical bean' you put it under A-F because the title starts with b.

5. when you DO post your story up correctly, people cannot post, "OMG GREAT STORY!!!!!11" and not put anything else. please critique it. as i've said, we are EDITORS.

message 10: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller I was just teasing! I totally approve of the rules.
One thing though....
Should we set rules for critiquing? Like, you can't just say OMG GREAT STORY, but you can't go OMG THAT SUCKED either. Anyone who says stuff like that should be kicked out. And not allowed back. EVER!

message 11: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) Yeag

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

yes, that's true also. if they say it rudely. know what i mean?

message 13: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) Yeah!

message 14: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Well, I would still consider that rude. I mean, tell them what they need help on, but don't say, "You shouldn't even be a writer, because you obviously have none of the skills required, whatsoever."

message 15: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Riiight. BE CONSTRUCTIVE.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

i think we all know, so please follow those rules!

message 17: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) Okey dokers!

message 18: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller okay!