Young Adult Fiction! discussion

GR YA Authors

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Lowry (vlowry) | 7 comments Hello YA fans!

Because I am a Goodreads YA author, I wanted to start a thread that discussed all YA authors who are members of Goodreads. If you know one (or more), please feel free to add them!

I'm fairly new to this group so I'll do a brief introduction. My name is Vince and I'm from Los Angeles, CA. I enjoy reading mystery, sci-fi, and fantasy, and I'm the author of a new young adult book series called Constellation Chronicles ( http://www.constellationchronicles.com ). My favorite books are The Invisible Man, Contact, Everything's Eventual, Different Seasons, and Finding Moon.

I look forward to meeting new YA readers as well as authors on this group!

Have a wonderful day!

-Vince
Constellation Chronicles: The Lost Civilization of Aries
Constellation Chronicles: The Lost Civilization of Aries by Vincent Lowry

PS - I'll include the back cover synopsis of CC:

A blinding fireball rips across the night sky and slams into a field in the remote town of Rigel, New Mexico. Glenn Sawyer, a broke and disillusioned 18-year-old, witnesses and investigates the crash, finding a surreal craft and an even stranger monkey-like creature named Paako, who secretly follows him home and stirs trouble. As Glenn captures Paako and attempts to return her to the crash site, he discovers unexpected company, and learns that his remarkable journey—filled with adventure, evil, and cast of captivating characters—has only just begun.

message 2: by Marie (last edited Dec 21, 2008 08:21AM) (new)

Marie | 6 comments Hi Vince!

Nice idea. It'll be fun to hear from other YA authors sharing their stuff! Your book sounds cool, BTW!!

I'm Marie Lamba, author of the YA novel WHAT I MEANT...(Random House). It's about a 15 year old girl, her mysterious guy, her Indian dad, her American mom, her very evil aunt, and tons of drama and laughs.

I have a second novel which is now at publishers, and am just finishing my third (hopefully by New Year's)! So I'm hoping to have some new books in the pipeline soon.

My fav books are "The Once and Future King" by T.H. White, "The Time Traveller's Wife," and anything by Sarah Dessen. More info is on www.marielamba.com, and I look forward to chatting with all you GoodReads folks, and wish you all many exciting new reads in the New Year!

Marie

message 3: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Lowry (vlowry) | 7 comments Welcome, Marie! It's good to hear about another YA book!

-Vince

message 4: by Bob (new)

Bob McDonald (bobmcdonald) Hello, folks...

Like Vince, whose lead I'm happy to follow, I'm also new to this group. I'm Bob, and I'm originally from Lorain and living in Lakewood, Ohio. My reading list is eclectic, ranging from non-fiction to sci-fi to fantasy. I'm the author of Flagrant Foul and Dilemma, part of my Stories from the Forester series (http://www.flagrantfoul.com), which are centered around the student newspaper at a fictional college. I also write a blog, Quest for an ISBN, about my misadventures in book promotion.

I'm a huge fan of the Harry Potter series, and while some of my favorite authors tend toward the non-YA (Stephen King, William Gibson, etc.), I'm still a huge fan of Judy Blume, especially the Fudge series.

Anyway, it's good to be hear, and I look forward to hearing from all of you!

-BMc

Flagrant Foul
Flagrant Foul by Bob McDonald

message 5: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan | 1 comments Hi, I'm another LA-based YA author. My name is Jonathan Bernstein. I have a superhero book called Hottie coming out in April. It's about a popular Beverly Hills High student who goes in for experimental cosmetic surgery and comes out with a side effect: whenever she gets mad, excited or upset, flames shoot out of her fingers.

I'm at www.jonathanbernsteinbook.blogspot.com

message 6: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 1 comments Hi guys! I'm a goodreads author too-- My debut PRADA & PREJUDICE, is coming June 11, 2009. it's about a girl who trips in her Prada heels-- and ends up in 1815.

message 7: by Paula (new)

Paula Sounds very interesting Mandy, I'll keep my eye out for it.

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) I've been reading along of Young Adult/ Teen Fiction lately because they are just easier to read (and oftentimes better written) than adult novels.

Here are a few of my favorite authors for the teen fiction/ young adult category:

Joan Lowery Nixon - she died in 2003 but wrote lots of great teen mysteries such as The Seance, The Haunting, A Deadly Game of Magic

Paul Stewart & Chris Riddell - Far Flung Adventures, The Edge Chronicles. They are currently writing the Barnaby Grimes series and have written books independently also.

Andrew Clements - writes a lot of childrens books but also has written some amazing teen fiction including the series of Things Not Seen, Things Hoped For and Things That Are

Jerry Spinelli - he is a recent find for me. So far I've only read Eggs but plan to read Stargirl and The Wringer in the near future

message 9: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Lowry (vlowry) | 7 comments I thought you guys might like to see this new YA review of CC. Here is the link:
http://www.threedifferentdirections.c...