Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) Clockwork Angel question

William or Jem?
Mandy Herondale (: Mandy Apr 09, 2012 08:13AM
I really like both of them.

Will!!!! I <3 him to death! Absolutely no competition for me.

Noël Hungerford Totally agree!
Apr 29, 2012 07:23PM

Ilove both but i think Will should be with Tessa.

Jennifer (last edited Apr 09, 2012 05:58PM ) Apr 09, 2012 05:58PM   1 vote
Jem times a million! Will should move on.

Ooohh. Thats a hard question. I love them both! I feel so bad for Jem with his sickness. Jem is so sweet! But I also feel bad for Will and his trouble with the "curse". I cant decide between them. I need the next book! :)

Will, because I feel as if he brings out a fire in Tessa that no one else does. Yes Jem is sweet and is probably the best choice for her, but not the one who will make her feel alive (and I'm not saying that because Jem is dying). Jem will forever be a nice, sweet guy and that is about it. Will has a spark in him that you just never know what his future will hold. So the question really is, play it safe or a little more dangeroulsy?

i say jem. he was there when will was isolated due to his curse. if he really loved tessa he could have told her.

Nicole (last edited Apr 23, 2012 06:29AM ) Apr 23, 2012 06:22AM   0 votes
That's probably the most difficult question ever.
Okay - I love both.
Jem is just so intelligent and smart and good with people; so wonderful and funny and he's always there when you need him.And the words he speaks, his behavior; and at all - he's such a gentlemen.Pure perfection, he's one of the most incredible characters.And he's so pretty.I mean, HIS HAIR, after all is so amazing, I love white hairs! Okay, maybe very light blond and almost white but it's still amazing. :D
And Will - okay, Will.OMG.So first - he is a bookworm like the rest of us and I just love the fact that he fell in love with Tessa because of her words, not her appearance.And he can love truly and deeply, although he hurts people.But there's this strange side of his that no matter what and no matter his pretense (or maybe affectation, don't kill me, I don't know the right word, I'm not English :D) he always care about other people.And no matter what, he'll always love Jem and Tessa.And he'll always be connect with them.(And I actually think that he'll choose Jem in front of Tessa, I don't know why).And COME ON, his poems are just amazing! :D And let's not mention the eyes and the hair and, you know, every part of his body.But the personality is more important.He hates himself but I just love this kind of characters.They're interesting and they can act like bad guys but inside they're such an angels!Hell yeah, Will is an angel. :D

So I think both of them are great, they have their flaws (I just can't think of Jem's flaws, but still..) and qualities but that's the point of the whole thing.Anyway, they're amazing, no matter what.And maybe that's why I wrote so many things about Will - because he has more flaws.And I love characters with flaws. <3 Jem is the only perfection I love, lol.

Eva Exactly i say jem you said you couldnt find flaws. So why not him. He was always der for tessa when she needed someone
Apr 30, 2012 04:22PM

Hard to choose! I mean Jem is sweet and all that, but he's not relly boyfriend material. Will can be difficult sometimes but he is a more suitable choice for Tessa.

Love them both!

I am Will all the way! He is dangerous, funny, mysterious, hot and, completely impossible. I would pick Will any day. But i think that Jem is better for Tessa. He is sophisticated, loyal, brave, and he loves Tessa, he never faltered in his, for lack of better terms, devotion to her.

I really love them both in their own different ways, but to be honest, I'd love Will to be Tessa.
However, Jem is good for Tessa, and Tessa is good for WIll.

Sophia (last edited May 12, 2012 09:27PM ) Apr 24, 2012 10:16PM   0 votes
love both of them..
i love jem becuase he's really sweet but will has his moments...
i personally think tessa will end up with Will in the end though... poor jem :(

Jem <3

Will will will will will will will WILL!!!!!!!! Ill scream if he doesnt end up with Tessa!!

will! i love him soo much.

(i like jem to but well if ya had to pick it would be will)

I say it's too hard to choose! I love them both for different reasons :/ I'll just take them both :P <3

WILL a gazillion times....Jem should move on!

Definitely sitting on the fence on this one. It's so hard! Tessa loves both Jem and Will for different reasons. I've only read the two books so far in the series so I want to know more about them before deciding. I want to see how everything will play out first. I feel like Will and Tessa's like a insatiable fire, but Jem and Tessa's like an eternal spring. Who to choose?

im neither shipping jem nor will for tessa. im shipping for jem <3 will.wahahaha

jem jem jem!!! no competition. he is so intelligent and smart and sweet and caring and loving and did i say sweet?

Will obviously... absolutely no competition becasue Will is just that amazing. :)

Will. Hands down. Full stop.

I really like both, but probably Will.

Ashley (last edited May 12, 2012 06:44PM ) May 12, 2012 06:43PM   0 votes
Oh. This is such a hard question. If I had answered this question after just having read the book the first time then I would have said Will hands down. But after reading the book again, I can't help but say that I am torn between the two. I love Will because he loves Tess so much and after he found out the truth behind the curse I felt so bad for him. It made me like him even more. But Jem also loves Tessa. He is sweet to her and has always been there for her. But if I had to choose, I would choose Will in the end. Hopefully, Tessa feels the same way.

I <3 Will!

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Clockwork Angel (other topics)