Twilight (Twilight, #1) Twilight discussion


415 views
Better Actress Then Kristen Stewert??

Comments (showing 1-50 of 113) (113 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Heather Who would be a better actress than Kristen Stewert?


*book*lover* That would be.....ANYONE but her! Lol


*book*lover* Although the latest movie she wasn't that bad in.


message 4: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy I loved the series, but the movies...Uggg. Betty White probably could have done a better Bella.


Tamara Amy wrote: "I loved the series, but the movies...Uggg. Betty White probably could have done a better Bella."

You're probably right :)


Shweta really, betty white? well, she did dream about her turning in new moon you probably right


message 7: by Jenyaa (last edited Apr 09, 2012 05:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenyaa Akhtar i loved kristen stewart in all the movies!!!!!! she is an amazing actress!!!! i hate it when people say that she cant act when she can!!!


message 8: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy Shweta wrote: "really, betty white? well, she did dream about her turning in new moon you probably right"

Totally being sarcastic. My point was that almost anyone could have done a better job.


Davytron I would definitely watch Twilight starring Betty White.


Ieshia carver Jenyaa wrote: "i loved kristen stewart in all the movies!!!!!! she is an amazing actress!!!! i hate it when people say that she cant act when she can!!!" I agree she is an amazing actress.


Leila Kristen Stewart is the best to play the part of Bella and really Betty White that is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard of!


Whitney St-Marseille anyone but her.


message 13: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy Leila wrote: "Kristen Stewart is the best to play the part of Bella and really Betty White that is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard of!"

It's called SARCASM. As in, almost anyone could have done a better job. I can't believe people think I was being SERIOUS. Good grief.


Turtles All the Way Down Kristen Stewart can be a great actress when she has good material to work with. She's not a strong enough actress to bring a dull character to life. She's great for certain kinds of characters though. I think she's just so sick of the Twilight movies and playing Bella that she's not even trying anymore.


Veronica Every other actress. To be an actress you must display some emotion. Since Kristen does not like showing expressions she does not fall into the actress category. Unfortunately she happens to be in the list.


Carina I hate Twilight but kind of have to agree with Turtles All The Way Down in that the books really don't give anyone any material to work with.

That said I am not a huge fan of Stewart, and every movie I have seen her in and every movie trailer I have seen her in she always seems to have the same facial expression.


Ieshia carver In my opinion Kristen does show some emotion in the movies i think she is an excellent actress.


message 18: by Erica (new) - added it

Erica Kirsten is an emotionless actor though she does nail down the look I had for Bella.


message 19: by Neha (new) - rated it 4 stars

Neha Bhakta Kirsten is a good actress, but I still think she could have done a better job. The first time I watched Twilight, I laughed my way through it. It was sad, how she portrayed Bella. She should have done a little more research on the character. They Meyer there to help, Kirsten should have spent a little extra time with her, if only to understand her character better. Kirsten got better as the series went farther, but had she done a better job in Twilight, the series wouldn't have had as many nay-sayers.


♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ Chelsy wrote: "That would be.....ANYONE but her! Lol"

Agreed.


Kirby Davytron wrote: "I would definitely watch Twilight starring Betty White."

ha ha- so would I! :)


Diane Turtles All the Way Down wrote: "I think she's just so sick of the Twilight movies and playing Bella that she's not even trying anymore."
I wouldn't say that at all, Kristen is a fan. And I feel how ... devoted she is to the character and to the story in her interviews (even though she's awkward in interviews at times, she comes off as very authentic).
Whether or not it translates on screen, I think it's very unfair to say she's not even trying. :(


Diane Amy wrote: "Betty White probably could have done a better Bella."
Betty White is awesome.

(Off-topic:
I've actually thought of a fanfic where Edward didn't meet Bella until she was much older. That Bella was a hoot; Betty White would be perfect for that one.)


Vivian I like Kristen also. I'm no expert on acting skills, but she is Bella to me. I couldn't picture anyone else playing the part. And she and Robert had great chemistry together. You know, people always say she showed no emotion, but the character of Bella didn't show emotions to people. She hid her feelings to try to make everyone else happy. And the "zombie" Bella in New Moon...she played that bit perfectly. I do agree that she got better as the movies went on, because she was pretty young when she started with Twilight. Most actors improve with age/experience.


Kirby Diane *Ahnnihilate* wrote: "Amy wrote: "Betty White probably could have done a better Bella."
Betty White is awesome.

(Off-topic:
I've actually thought of a fanfic where Edward didn't meet Bella until she was much older. Tha..."


oh, that is a great idea!! and I love the thought of betty white as an old bella! :D

you know, I was just thinking that it's probably good for bella's hips that she didn't have a chance to become elderly...


message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Jenyaa wrote: "i loved kristen stewart in all the movies!!!!!! she is an amazing actress!!!! i hate it when people say that she cant act when she can!!!"

She can't act.


Diane Kirby wrote: "you know, I was just thinking that it's probably good for bella's hips that she didn't have a chance to become elderly... "
HAHA, so true. xD


message 29: by Tiff (last edited Apr 10, 2012 07:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tiff The list of worse actresses would be shorter lol. She has potential and has been in a few good movies, but she is extra scrutinized because she is Bella. At first her awkwardness worked, but now it just seems so tired and old. I hope as a vampire she can at least play a stronger role.


Azhia I think Kristem did a pretty good job at portraying Bella. The movies were okay they got better as each one came out. Still like the books more though.


message 31: by Eyehavenofilter (last edited Apr 10, 2012 09:45AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Eyehavenofilter Since there really isn't much to choose from anyway I guess she's as good as its going to get.
( sigh ) sad really!
I would have liked to have seen a REAL person in the part, instead of a cardboard cut out? But these are supposed to be campy movies right?
I mean REAL men don't sparkle? Do they? Not outside a nightclub anyway.Oh I'm gonna pay for this I know it.
Kirby, Alexia, Diane I hope you have my back?


message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I think actually straight men tend not to sparkle at all...


Eyehavenofilter (snark snark giggle giggle gafawgafaw lolololol)
Sorry I can't stop laughing. Tears too.


Leila hey I was not being serious either sorry to make it sound that way but Betty White is still kinda weird and would not be able to pull the part off! Not just that but can you imagine Betty White dating Robert Patterson (edward)!!!!! LOL scary!


message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Robert pattinson ( edward)


message 36: by Maham (new) - rated it 1 star

Maham Briana Evigan?


message 37: by Angie Elle (last edited Apr 10, 2012 05:57PM) (new) - added it

Angie Elle For this role? I realize I'm in the minority, but in my opinion, no one.

When I pictured Bella she was incredibly guarded and stand offish, and for me, Kristen Stewart nailed it. I think she was a fantastic Bella and I couldn't imagine any one else playing her.


Vivian Angie, I completely agree with you. Bella was supposed to be guarded and private with her thoughts and feelings. Kristen played the part perfectly.


Diane I'm all for straight men sparkling. xD Whatever.
I see no reason why not. I mean women can adorn themselves with that black gunk on our eyelashes, color on eyelids and cheeks (and everywhere else) and fantastical nail polish, why can't men?

And in true Diane fashion here are some articles that may be relevant to the matter, lol:
Why Pink Nail Polish Is A Masculist Issue
The sexual appeal of non-gender conformity

----------------------------------------------
Betty and Rob?
Here ya go. I ship it. LOL. :D

See? Aren't they cute? :)


Kirby Ada-Lee wrote: "Since there really isn't much to choose from anyway I guess she's as good as its going to get.
( sigh ) sad really!
I would have liked to have seen a REAL person in the part, instead of a cardboar..."


I've definitely got your back! :D


Kirby Diane *Ahnnihilate* wrote: "I'm all for straight men sparkling. xD Whatever.
I see no reason why not. I mean women can adorn themselves with that black gunk on our eyelashes, color on eyelids and cheeks (and everywhere else)..."


awwwww, they are ADORABLE! :D


Diane Angie wrote: "For this role? I realize I'm in the minority, but in my opinion, no one.

When I pictured Bella she was incredibly guarded and stand offish, and for me, Kristen Stewart nailed it. I think she was ..."


Can't imagine any one else playing Bella either.
I did not completely love Kristen's portrayal but I loved her as Bella anyway.


message 43: by Ana (new) - rated it 1 star

Ana Veronica wrote: "Every other actress. To be an actress you must display some emotion. Since Kristen does not like showing expressions she does not fall into the actress category. Unfortunately she happens to be in ..."

I agree. Although that's kind of how I imagined Bella. A soulless, emotionless, drone. So it worked.


Turtles All the Way Down Diane *Ahnnihilate* wrote: "Turtles All the Way Down wrote: "I think she's just so sick of the Twilight movies and playing Bella that she's not even trying anymore."
I wouldn't say that at all, Kristen is a fan. And I feel ho..."


Fair enough, judging by the rest of the cast I would be willing to blame the direction and the writing of the movie as well. She is a good actress, but the Twilight movies are not her best work.


Missyb Kimberly McCullough or Christina Ricci? Both dark haired and good actresses.

Some blame does need to go to the director and writing. Twilight was kind of cheesey with much of the action. There was too much posturing. It was as if the director would tell them, "growl, pose unaturally and hold it" then wait then tell them to continue acting the scene.


message 46: by Eyehavenofilter (last edited Apr 10, 2012 09:20PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Eyehavenofilter I think Betty and Rob are PERFECT for each other!
You know what they say about older women and their boy toys?
Diane and Kirby....you ROCK!


Eileen I think Kristin is an okay actress, but she's always so serious and I think that a truly good actress can be funny and serious, which she is obviously not. She always made funny sounds in the Twilight movies…


Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter I always thought Emily Browning would have been a good Bella.

I don't think Kristen is really a bad actress though. As many said she's playing such a dull character so understand that and I can't imagine any actress being able to bring Bella to life.
I'm just not a fan of Kristens work in Twilight but in others movies she's pretty good.


April I think that what people don't like about her is the characters that she plays. She should not be blamed for the cheesiness of the Twilight movies. No actress could have made it a better movie, it was what it was. Party due to terrible editing. The character was played as written. Bella is a low-key character. She was not intended to be bubbly or cute, therefore was not portrayed that way.


Veronica Ana wrote: "Veronica wrote: "Every other actress. To be an actress you must display some emotion. Since Kristen does not like showing expressions she does not fall into the actress category. Unfortunately she ..."

I think movies give color and life to books and it includes for characters too :D


« previous 1 3
back to top

all discussions on this book | post a new topic


Books mentioned in this topic

Twilight (other topics)