Fantasy/fiction discussion

What is your favorite Fantasy novel?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (last edited Dec 19, 2008 02:01PM) (new)

Tabby Ashley Nikkole Boyce (tibby_nikkole) | 286 comments Mod
My favorite so far is Magic street, This book is a fictional novel about a boy- mack street, conceived(if you want to call it that)and born within a fifteen minute time. He lives in a rich neighborhood but taken in by many. This boy can make you dreams come true, literally. When he discovers a magical house nobody else can see he turns to shakespears Midsummer Night's Dream to find out just why he can see his neihbores desires and soon afterward they come true.In the worst ways possible.(recomended by Dr.Baltz the best pre AP english teacher a deranged teenage girl could ask for)!!

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda This question is too difficult--for I do love fantasy novels. If I had to pick one, it would be American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Gaiman is my absolute favorite author, fantasy or otherwise. American Gods is so inventive--in the novel all gods that mankind has ever believed in exist. They come into existence as soon as a culture creates and comes to believe in them. The sad part, for the gods, is that they are forgotten and abandoned--but still exist--as man moves onto the next religion he creates. The forgotten gods, led by the Norse god Odin, then decide to go into battle against mankind's new god--technology.

I also love Gaiman's Neverwhere. In high school, Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality series was my favorite--especially On a Pale Horse and Wielding a Red Sword, about the god of death and war, respectively.

message 3: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

I was looking at quates by neil gaiman, and i found some that made me think alot. i really want to read some of his books. Do you have any i could check out?

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I have Stardust, Coraline, and Interworld in the classroom. The high school library should have copies of Neverwhere, Interworld, Stardust, M is for Magic, and Good Omens.

message 5: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

Oh, i really wanted to read stardust, i probably will i had no idea he wrote that.

message 6: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

Oh, i really wanted to read stardust, i probably will i had no idea he wrote that.

message 7: by Randa (new)

Randa (crzy_chick) | 375 comments hmmmm i cant decide but i love so many...i would have to say..i dk ryt now i will decide sumtym later

message 8: by Izzy Nickole (new)

Izzy Nickole | 33 comments Mod
I have so many that I like, but I would have to say the Blue is for Nightmares series. It is about this girl who, when she slept, had visions of what was going to happen to someone. She didn't always know who it was but when she found out she used that to help the person in need. She had to help her bestfriend, save herself, help two girls she didn't know.

message 9: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (last edited Jan 21, 2009 08:49AM) (new)

Renie, that book you just described, sounded so much like a book called Wake. you have to read it.

message 10: by Penelope (new)

Penelope (readingfever) Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson.

I have never read a smarter book (or series). His magic system is completely unique and wonderful. The book is the best book I read in 2008. I recommend it to almost everyone who asks! :)

message 11: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

that book sounds great. To everybody: tell me about your current book. as soon as i begin mine i will offer a comment too.

message 12: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) Ummm..... has anyone read Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon? its one of my favorites. its funny and awesome.

message 13: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

nope, but as usual find it and get it for me im sure i will LOVE it. it was cool how we read those books b4 twilight hit its max. you know???

message 14: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) yeah. But we usually find the good books before they are huge. i like to think its our fault they are a success becasue we talk about them and people over hear and like it. so its our fault people really got interested in twilight. And by people i mean people who read for fun.

message 15: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

nah, we didnt tell the whole world. just our school.

message 16: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) i meant the people who read a lot. not just pocahontas. i talkin bout everyone who reads for fun. Got the ohters who read for fun or not to see " hey this is a good book"

message 17: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) Oh. hey everyone. i want yall to look up a book called "The Sight." it is in my books that have been read. so check it out if we have it in our library. the second book is Fell. its in my books read too. Its about wolves. but not wolves like werewolves. just wolves. but its a fantasy. they talk to each other and stuff. its awesome.

message 18: by Randa (new)

Randa (crzy_chick) | 375 comments who is it by?? i am wondering i am on the high school library page

message 19: by Randa (new)

Randa (crzy_chick) | 375 comments they dont have it...ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

message 20: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) i looked for it today. couldnt find it. its really awesome tho.

message 21: by Randa (new)

Randa (crzy_chick) | 375 comments that makes me mad that i cant find it...the books sounds so good...hmmm i wonder if barnes and nobles has it...i am goin to rob that store i swear

message 22: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

hey tommie, u still up for a good book store stick up?
omg, the highschool librarian [insert name here :] said that she doesnt even like to keep books, WT-Hey? I love to collect books, when i have my own house i want to put a bunch of books, like a library....i would put all sorts, like old, new, fiction, nonfiction.... I would read all of these for fun, you see i have this like HUGE hunger for books.I almost need them... If n.e one has some books to donate to me... send um my way...

message 23: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) haha. well i will have a room or at least a huge bookshelf. ill check a book out from the library. if i like it i will find it and buy it. Keep it until i want to read it again in a few years or so. i will have many books. and you can borrow from me too. but i betta be able to borrow from you to

message 24: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

me too!! then i will like check them out to the neihbors kids and turn them into book addicts.

message 25: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Ha! Tabby Boyce--neighborhood book dealer!

message 26: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

Yes, exactly, you totally get me dr. Baltz.

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda It's officially official (and that's pretty darn official)--War for the Oaks is now one of my favorite fantasy novels. I'm definitely going to read more of Emma Bull!

message 28: by Rita (new)

Rita | 2 comments The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop. Intoxicatingly addictive fantasy world that she has created.

message 29: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

Amanda wrote: "It's officially official (and that's pretty darn official)--War for the Oaks is now one of my favorite fantasy novels. I'm definitely going to read more of Emma Bull!"

Yay doctor baltz

message 30: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

i am finnishing up War for the oaks. i havent had very much time latly so lol...

message 31: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) I loved War for the Oaks. It was very interesting. My favorite character is hedge. Willy i hated. The Phouka was awesome and Eddi was well i didnt particularly care for eddi. i was focused on the Phouka. haha. My Favorite Fantasy Novel is..... seriously odd. but it is twilight. i loved the first book the rest were blah. I like all books, but i never thought that a romance book would be my favorite book.

message 32: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) I have many more favs, but this one is the top.

message 33: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (last edited Apr 09, 2009 08:56AM) (new)

my favorite fiction-if i were to look back- would be [image error] by scott westerfield, i loved this book, it (creepy as it may be) actually has made me want to learn all i can about parasites. in a short summary this book is about a vampire-like STD parasite, that has the urge to multiply... through sex. IDK. it adds alot of just WOW information on differant parasites you may even have and never knew. this book brought me into the love of books like Infected and Contagious by scott sigler. I read this i think in grade 8. i dont remember most of it-- lets say it is a book i am willing to read again....(not a common thing)

message 34: by Izzy Nickole (new)

Renie wrote: "I have so many that I like, but I would have to say the Blue is for Nightmares series. It is about this girl who, when she slept, had visions of what was going to happen to someone. She didn't alwa..."

if i can get a chance i will.

message 35: by Izzy Nickole (new)

Amanda wrote: "It's officially official (and that's pretty darn official)--War for the Oaks is now one of my favorite fantasy novels. I'm definitely going to read more of Emma Bull!"

don't blame you Dr. Baltz i love the book.

message 36: by Izzy Nickole (new)

Peeps was a really good book, that's what got me into things about parasites.

†☻☯★GothicPrincess (aka alixx )★☯☻ | 101 comments I have like loads of favourite fantasy books. I like harry potter, lord of the rings, twilight, eragon, his dark materials trilogy. I could continue. I like vampire books if that makes any difference!

message 38: by Roger (new)

Roger I really loved the Dark Angel trilogy. Too bad she cut it so short. I liked the Poison Study series until it became redundant by the second book (aka Magic Study). I really enjoyed the House of Night series, which will continue with book six: Temptation in October.

message 39: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) Oh If you like reading about the Fey or Fairies or whatever and trust me there not "omg Fairies all happy laalalala." there's lots of battles and blood and gore and sex. haha and the series is freakin awesome

1. Kiss of Shawdows
2. A Caress of Twilight
3. Seduced By Moonlight
4. A Stroke Of Midnight
5. Mistral's Kiss
6. A Lick Of Frost
7. Swallowing Darkness
8. Divine Misdemeanors (Havent read yet)

message 40: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) Here is another series, bout A civilization of People who turn into animals. They have there human for, Half animal Half Animal Form, and There Animal Form
Some of the Main things are Falcons, Snakes, Hawks, And some special animals. its really cool too.

1. Hawksong
2. Snakecharm
3. Falcondance
4. Wolf Cry
5. Wyvern

message 41: by Roger (new)

Roger I want to read the Carpathian Series. I heard that it's good.

message 42: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

Renie wrote: "Peeps was a really good book, that's what got me into things about parasites."

exactly, ren,this is y i love you...

message 43: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

lol tommie you nerd!
JUST PLAYINg... so i am still reading contagious, i didnt get to read at all this weekend, i am rlly srry MR. herriot, but i absulutly did not get in2 Lord of the Flies OMG.... did you know that reversing the letters in no particular order you can spell files... HAH. cool, oh back the topic: i want hunted, so mr. herriot can you like bring it tomorrow??

message 44: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) Everyone that goes to PHS listen up. Mrs. Hatch got in all those books she ordered three weeks ago. Thats like 200 books or so. She even got hunted tabby. and many of the book i requested. lol.

message 45: by Randa (new)

Randa (crzy_chick) | 375 comments YES!!!! finally oh yea i am so going to the library tomorrow....

message 46: by Roger (new)

Roger I will bring Hunted tomorrow

message 47: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

TY TY TY

message 48: by Koori no hi (new)

Koori no hi hi! I'm new here...

My absolute favorite fantasy book is Howl's Moving Castle. I love the movie 2 which is really strange for me. usually I can't stand to watch the movie once I've read the book. But this one is awesome!

message 49: by Randa (new)

Randa (crzy_chick) | 375 comments whats the book bout??

message 50: by Koori no hi (last edited May 22, 2009 10:55AM) (new)

Koori no hi this girl gets turned into an old lady by a witch, then she goes and works for this wizard who supposedly sucks out the souls of young women & then eats them. Then they get involved in this war because the wizard was sort-of drafted into the royal army, but doesn't want to be. Oh, and the cursed girl's older sister falls in love w/ the wizard's apprentice, that's kind of troublesome.
I love that book, and Diana Wynne Jones is my favorite author. as far as I no all her YA books are fantasy.

« previous 1