Happy & Brainy Group discussion

Promotions / Classified Ads > Book Giveaway Contest (Free books)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 20, 2008 03:48AM) (new)

Hello Happy and Brainy Group

Ilyn I hope you don't mind if I make a little announcement.

If you have time this weekend to use your creative brain to write a short paragraph, here is a contest for you, and a chance to win a book by a new author named Gwendolyn Zepeda.

Win a free copy of Gwendolyn Zepeda's new book
Houston, We Have a Problema
Publisher: Hachette Books USA

Contest Rules for Jennifer Prado's Book Giveaway Contest:

1) To be eligible to receive a free copy of this book, you must reside in the USA or Canada and have a non-PO Box mailing address.

2) You must write a letter to Santa, no longer than one paragraph, explaining why you deserve a free copy of Gwendolyn Zepeda's, Houston, We Have a Problema. Regarding style: I would prefer humor, since just reading/watching the news these days is bad enough, but if you want to make your case about why you are this year's Neediest Reader, that's OK, too. We may add a roll of free TP to your book mailing (have to clear this with the Hachette people first.)

3) You give permission for Emerge New Authors to publish your responses with either your real name or your wacky internet persona name. I have no problem awarding a book to Xena the Warrior Princess, but you will need to mail me your real name and address later on if you do win.

4) The Producer of Emerge New Authors (me) will choose a short list of finalists and then other readers will need to vote (via the Comments Button) on which five entries should win.

5) Deadline to Submit your one-paragraph letters to Santa will be Midnight, EST on Sunday, December 21st - because this is Santa's busy season. Deadline for voting on the top five winners will be announced later.

6) Please use the Comments button on my blog to submit your paragraph. Should you experience technical difficulties, or were taking a nap and missed how this works, please email me at JenniferPrado@yahoo.com and I will help enlighten you.

Or GoodReads participants can write your paragraphs to Santa as a comment to this post and I will ask the elves to help me transcribe them to my Blog.

Remember you can write or vote to participate!

For more details and synopsis of Gwen's book please go to
http://www.jenniferprado.blogspot.com

Good luck and happy holidays.

Here's my current project:
http://www.jenniferprado.com

message 2: by Ilyn (new)

Ilyn Ross (ilyn_ross) | 1071 comments Mod
Hello Jennifer. Thank you for posting this. Best wishes on this contest and your other projects.

Happy Holidays.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you, Ilyn. Happy Holidays to you, too.

I am still working my way through the reading list of books (pdfs) I received from GoodReads authors. I lost access to my notebook for three months due to a repair (I live outside of US where things take awhile.)

So far I have featured 3 authors I met on GoodReads on my blog.

So new authors, please keep me in mind, and for those who have submitted...I'm getting there.

I just received the good news that as of January 2009, my interviews will be syndicated/reprinted on another website with larger circulation/hits per month.

I will post the link when it's available.

Best wishes,

Jennifer