twilight lovers! discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ginger (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:54PM) (new)

Ginger | 12 comments I just read the part in Eclipse where Edward and Jacob are in the tent. Wow! I LOVED this part of the book. And great writing!

message 2: by Leah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:12PM) (new)

Leah | 2 comments That was a great part! I find it so hard to dislike Jacob. I thought at first he was a little nothing, but the more I read this book I really grew to love Jacob. I still love Edward but Jacob is great!

message 3: by Jasachi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:13PM) (new)

Jasachi (JasachiAmano) | 3 comments I loved that scene too! I like Jacob from the very beginning (I always tend to like the characters that are odd). That part made me love Jacob more because he put aside his pride for that moment to talk to Edward. I felt like Bella always blaming Jacob about everything and that she always took Edward's side. Poor Jacob...he so deserves a girl better than Bella!
~Sachi <3

message 4: by Ginger (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:13PM) (new)

Ginger | 12 comments Although I'm in love with Edward, I love Jacob as well. If Bella doesn't have to choose between them they why should we?

message 5: by Hyun Jung (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:14PM) (new)

Hyun Jung | 7 comments i totally agree! the tent scene was one of my favorite scenes. i kept laughing when jacob was getting real comfortable having bella with him while edward was watching the whole time. :D
btw i love both edward and jacob!

message 6: by Mandi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:19PM) (new)

Mandi Connell | 84 comments I liked that part too. It was interesting to see what they say to each other. Edward is my favorite because he is so mature, and caring and just plain amazing!

message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin (erinferno) Gosh, I agree it was great writing but I HATED this part. It was so uncomfortable for me to read. I felt so terrible for Edward. What I am starting to think is that maybe Stephenie Meyer is on team Jacob?

message 8: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I hated that part too. I was like, oh please. I'd still prefer his cold body next to me than Jacob's warm one. I know she was trying to get warm and all but I was like OH PLEASE, BLAHH!

message 9: by Shannon (last edited Feb 07, 2008 06:37PM) (new)

Shannon Wallicik (shannon01) | 5 comments I myself did not like this part. Imagine having to allow someone else to save your loves life. I imagined Edward to be so loving(besides gorgeous) to have been able to sit there and allow Jacob to hold his Bella. Very tender moment because Jacob was saving her life and yet Edward was helpless.

message 10: by Mandi (new)

Mandi Connell | 84 comments I didn't hate this part, but I felt so bad for Edward while reading it! He wanted so bad to be able to do that for Bella, and couldn't. I agree with you, Ranata, I'd rather be by Edward anyways

message 11: by Shenaz93 (new)

Shenaz93 | 3 comments i love the Tent part...its so funnyyy....couldnt stop lafiinn....i love JAcob...i love EDward 2....i dnt no hu 2 pick??...i love them bothh!!...i agree Ginger....y shud we pick??....i felt bad 4 EDward since he had 2 sit ther watching....but then ii felt bad for Jacob...wen he found out abt the wedding....poor thing...xxx

message 12: by Mandi (new)

Mandi Connell | 84 comments Jacob just kinda bugs me. Edward seems like such a better person, (vampire) and there's just something about him that i love

message 13: by Brighde (new)

Brighde | 137 comments I loved this part. It was so....... idk. For some reason I luv it. It was cool that theres a scene that Edward and Jacob can just talk. And I thought that jacob was being very sassy and cheeky. I like it.

message 14: by Mccaul (new)

Mccaul (ryanmccaul) Yeah it is a new look on Jacob. Maybe he will where it more in the next book.

message 15: by Beret (new)

Beret Brems (kokomo_bb) | 42 comments i really started hating Jacob during this scene from all the reasons that fellow eclipse readers should know. then i liked him again.

message 16: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 3 comments I liked it, but it kinda made me uncomfortable. It was a very awkward chapter. Imagine being in a very small room with to people who loathed each other but loved you. One has something the other doesn't and uses that characteristic against the other person. You need what one of the people have, but you don't want to make the other person jealous and you hate yourself for liking both of them.

I feel sorry Edward, but I feel even more sorry for Bella.

does that make sense?

message 17: by Jessie (new)

Jessie (Poemwriter95) | 4 comments Yes it does! Believe me! I liked the chapter, until my best friend started hating my other best friend, god it's like that everytime I see them and they're in the same room together! Except they don't exactly love me as much as Edward and Jacob, but it's still uncomfortable! Okay, I have to say I love Edward more, I'm sorry, Jacob's just not as mature. He would (IDK! Don't hate me)do anything for adventure. What sixteen year old wouldn't? Edward would do anything for Bella, and isn't that more important. Plus vampires just seem hotter than werewolves to me, sorry! Again don't hate me!

message 18: by Mccaul (new)

Mccaul (ryanmccaul) That part of the book was uncomfortable, but it was fun to imagine the tension going on.

message 19: by adi (new)

adi (restartaugust) I found that funny. I could really feel Edward's anger. I don't like Jacob at all...

message 20: by adi (new)

adi (restartaugust) totally. That's exactly what I was thinking. It's not fair that poor Bella has to choose between them :/

message 21: by Mandi (new)

Mandi Connell | 84 comments I agree with you Jessie!! i have two friends that don't get along and they will try whatever they can to not hang out together!!! but they love me like a sister by the way. and i wish they would just stop all that and come together

message 22: by Jordan (last edited Mar 17, 2008 03:38PM) (new)

Jordan | 9 comments answer to mess. 20- i loved that part of the book. when jacob and edward were arguing over bella. poor edward tho, he couldnt comfort bella, and jacob had to go and show off-him being (heat) hot and all-in front of edward. but bella and edward are good now. so im happy.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

i find it funny but i feel bad for edward not being able to comfort bella but i love jacob at first it was hard to choose but i ended up liking jacob more i felt heart broken when jacob found out abt the wedding i mena it was such a blow but for some reason i still think that bella and jacob will be together tho

message 24: by Mccaul (new)

Mccaul (ryanmccaul) I hate Edward for what he did to Jacob! It was so so so mean!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

for some weird weird weird weird reason i pictured edward ugly in that part!!! dont ask me why its just what my brain came up with tho i wish it hadnt...

message 26: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin (dreamsfromanotherplanet) | 285 comments Yes it was a cool part of the book especially on the verge of the big fight, then Edawrd and Jake start....Wow! :D

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

haha ya!!!! i love it!!! sooooo much tension!!!!woah!

message 28: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 148 comments luved the tent scene!!!!! xept i think jacob took the whole "staying warm" thing the wrong way. bella luvs edward, and thats that. but then again, i wouldnt mind staying warm with jacob their!!!

message 29: by Summer (new)

Summer | 2 comments i loved it too it was cool except i felt sorry for edward that he couldnt snuggle bella like jacob could

message 30: by Julie (new)

Julie (onetrooluff) I loved this scene. It was so great to see Edward and Jacob open up to each other a bit, and to really communicate. I'm glad that Jacob finally understands that Edward really does love Bella, and that Edward can see that Jacob isn't a totally bad guy... although Jacob showed his immaturity SO badly in this book, and in this scene, the way he purposely keeps making digs at Edward about holding Bella, etc. Grarrr. (Made me laugh when Edward called Jacob "pup" somewhere in there.)

Edward is so great... Doing the 'noble' thing for Bella, i.e. letting her make her own decision, doesn't mean he isn't feeling jealous and hating every second that she is around Jacob (or snuggled up with him in this case). But he is willing in the end to do whatever will make her the happiest. Whereas, Jacob basically just wants Edward to die... LOL.

message 31: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I don't know why, but I really hated this scene...it made Jacob seem even more obnoxious and selfish to me.

message 32: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin (dreamsfromanotherplanet) | 285 comments Yes he does that is the reason i hate this scene, but what makes me love it even more is the fact that Edward almost rips him to shreds!!!!! :D so so funny, I wish they had faught though :(

message 33: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 148 comments i think jacob will become more mature later. i think he might get over bella, and imprint on someone else. if he imprinted on bella, that would cause too much drama i think.

message 34: by Hilary (new)

Hilary (Hilary_Cullen) | 10 comments I WANTED TO KILL JACOB BLACK THE WHOLE TIME I READ THAT PART. KILL HIM. UGH. HE MADE ME SO MAD. YOU CAN PROBABLY TELL HOW MAD HE MADE ME SINCE I AM USING ALL CAPS. HATE HIM.

message 35: by Summer (new)

Summer | 2 comments i think jacob will imprint on leah

message 36: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) Yeah I agree it would have been uncomfortable especially for Edward because he couldn't comfort Bella and keep her warm had to let Jacob do it. I think Jacob was probably uncomfortable with Edward watching him but at least he got to lay with Bella. I thought Edward was really mature about it and I was actually excited that they talked about things. I've been wanting them to do that without Bella protesting and without them both ready to pounce.

message 37: by Victoria (new)

Victoria i think the tent would be uncomtable for me.knowing that Edward is out there listing to evey wrod i say, would be wored.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah i guess it would be uncomfortable but dude i'm with the person i like rite? so i wouldnt give a damn really

message 39: by Victoria (new)

Victoria if Edward was in there then, it wouldn't have be so bad.

message 40: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 8 comments I thought it was uncomfortable, I mean for Edward and Bella. I too hated Jacob at this part. He was trying to make Edward jealous, but Edward showed his love for Bella by letting his worst enemy keep her warm because thats what she needed. Jacob totally took advantage of Edward, with his thoughts. He was such a jerk!!!!!!!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

yes!

message 42: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (UltraGirl) | 3 comments Unbelievable - this was one part I wanted to throw the book across the room. I understand Bella was cold and Edward could not help her out - BWTF???? honestly people, Jacob and Bella were way off acting like this in front of Edward...It almost turned me off the Bella character - well, Edward could at least always keep me reading ;-)

message 43: by Armina (new)

Armina so was i!!

message 44: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) You're right Cassie, I like Jacob and all but I think it was wrong for Jacob to take advantage of the situation when all Edward was trying to do was keep Bella from freezing. Edward was thinking about Bella and Jacob was only thinking about himself and about making Edward jealous. It wasn't Bella's fault that she was freezing to death. She was even upset when Jacob was trying to get in her sleeping bag but what could she do? She even joked that she would be better off without her fingers and toes. I admire Edward for keeping so calm when he could have made a much bigger deal out of it. He DID get his revenge though. The next day when he let Jacob hear him and Bella talking about their engagement. Win some, lose some.

message 45: by Claire (new)

Claire (browneyedgirl17) i loved that part. i totally agree with ginger about the choosing thing. i love edward and jacob!! i wish i could have both of them!! it's almost like trying to shove two pieces of me and bella together, im so attached to both of them....

message 46: by Armina (new)

Armina it's in jacobs blood to take advantage of situations like that. he gets on my nerves, though. Ya, i like edward's attitude about the whole thing too.

message 47: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 3 comments I completely agree - Jacob was a total jerk and I hate how he wanted Bella to take off her clothes but he really loves Bella. But he can't realize that Edward has already found his one love - there is someone out there for Jacob. I was actually shocked at Bella because she didn't really respond the way i wanted her to. of course she was freezing but she didn't understand that she was hurting Edward by staying in that stupid sleeping bag for so long.that bugged me and kinda made me mad at her

message 48: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) Well.... I think that Jacob was just joking and trying to make Edward mad when he said that about the clothes but he was just being immature, taking advantage of the situateion. I was a little mad at Bella too at first but then I thought about what I would do in that situation, half asleep and freezing to death. I probably would have let Jacob warm me up if it were me because I wouldn't want to freeze to death and Jacob IS still her friend regardless so it might not have been so bad if Jacob wasn't being a jerk about it. They all knew that Bella wished it were Edward though. Even Jacob said so when him and Edward were talking. You know if Edward could warm her up that Bella would have him in a heartbeat but I think there wasn't too much choice. I am ashamed to admit that I would proabably take the warmth too but I'd make my feelings clear ( No funny business Jacob, and let Edward know I wish it was him and that I loved him) She shoulda done that more forcefully.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

The tent is my FAVORITE part of all 3 books... that whole chapter is!

message 50: by Erin (new)

Erin | 45 comments Oh ya i love that part too; Jacob is ridiculously immature making jokes to get to Edward. It was a typical guy thing, in my opinion.

« previous 1