Veronika Decides to Die Veronika Decides to Die discussion

The movie Veronika decides to die (2009)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Aart The trailer of the movie "Veronika decides to die" (to be released in 2009): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtcZhI...
Please be welcome to watch it and leave your comments.

Paolo I really enjoyed the book and will try to get to watch the movie sometime soon. I'm a bit disappointed to see it's not set in Slovenia but the trailer looks like it could be a good film.

Anyone else seen it? And if so did you prefer the book or movie?

message 3: by Kiran (new) - added it

Kiran I really liked the book i would love to watch the movie as well interesting story.

hafssa I read the book and i watched the movie i liked then both. It's a real journey to discover ourselves and to know what count the most in our lives. Hope that u'll enjoy the film too.

Billie I loved the book so I was a bit apprehensive about seeing the film. You know how most movies based on books turn out. But this one was great. It manages to recreate the emotion and intensity of the book. And in the end I think that's most important. I especially enjoyed David Thewlis, even though there we don't see much of him.

message 6: by Kiran (new) - added it

Kiran i will watch the movie than :-)

Neveen I'm looking forward to watch the movie too.

Jenny Powell I really enjoyed the book & did not know about a movie version. I will add the movie to my Netflix queue.

Yuliya I haven't heard about movie until now! It's now on my list "to watch" Thank you!

Amanda Veronica decides to die, a movie, I did not know there was a movie about the book. Does anybody know if it is available on DVD?

message 11: by Yuliya (last edited Sep 20, 2011 06:56PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yuliya I coudn't find it in library, so I just saw

Cathy I loved the book and when I saw there was a movie with Sarah Michelle Gellar I was so very excited. I think she did a wonderful job of bringing the book to the screen. Unfortunately, it's not out on DVD yet in the US but it was easy to find online.

message 13: by ani (new) - rated it 1 star

ani i really liked the book but didn't like the movie.

message 14: by ايمان (last edited Mar 23, 2012 10:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

ايمان I prefer the book..boring film

Marija It's 2012 and i had no idea there was a movie made. I would love to find it somewhere...

Rodrigo Henriques I don't recommend viewing the movie. The book is excellent, but the movie is very poor.

Cinderela I actually liked the movie. Anyway its worth a watch even if in the end its not your favorite.

Yasser Salah The book is amazing but the movie is disappointment

message 19: by Blue (new)

Blue I've read the book and found it really interesting. Didn't know about the movie.

Maria Fernanda Lardizabal I didn't know about the movie, until a few days ago and i saw it online like the others readers in this discussion, I'm not a big fan of the movies based on books but this one, I really loved it, I think the movie Honored the book!!

Christelle Tabet I saw the movie before reading the book, it wasn't bad at all but the book is way better

Kholoud me too! i've never known about the movie! does it have the same name?

message 23: by Yuliya (last edited Sep 28, 2012 12:13PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yuliya Yes, the same name, but I'm talking about Not japaneese movie.

Christelle Tabet Christelle wrote: "I saw the movie before reading the book, it wasn't bad at all but the book is way better"

Yes it has the same title and.
Starring Sarah Michelle Gellar by the way

Brianne Silva I like the book and I would love to see the movie, but Blockbuster doesn't carry it! I'm going to have to look into netflixs.

Karla I would like to see the movie,but in my opinion it's hard to make one which could so authentically represent any of Paulo Coelho's books. ;))

Ariane Mae Excited to watch the movie..I'm hoping I could have a copy. :))

Rosalie I didn't realise there is a movie - must check.

Fatin I had no clue there was a movie! And with Sarah Michelle Gellar? I love her!!

Christelle Tabet Fatin wrote: "I had no clue there was a movie! And with Sarah Michelle Gellar? I love her!!"

Yes.. its not as good as the novel but still, it was enjoyable

Toutoula I really liked the book, but I didn't like the movie that much...

Toutoula I really liked the book, but I didn't like the movie that much...

Brianne Silva I have it on wait with Netflix because I can't find it anywhere else. Netflix doesn't even have a date when it's available. :(

Christelle Tabet Brianne wrote: "I have it on wait with Netflix because I can't find it anywhere else. Netflix doesn't even have a date when it's available. :("

try this link.. i saw the movie here
http://www.1channel.ch/watch-21812-Ve...

Jimmy Mody Found the book to be quite insightfull. Thought provoking. A good read.

The Saint The movie is available on Amazon, if you are still interested.

Ibtihel Teal I haven't reach the middle yet but I find it relly annoying with all the discreption of that place..It makes me bored.maybe watching the movie would change my mind

The Saint the descriptive text the describes thye surrounding brings you and your feelings more inline with the author, and lets you the individual become the person in the book.

The movie is interesting; but the book is so much better and detailed. The book makes us examine our lives to the core of our self being.

You have to read The Alchemist .

Good luck, I found the movie on Amazon for $3.50.

Wascar Figueroa a mi me resulto totalmente aburrida la película, ademas no se si fue porque a mi me encanto el libro, pero siento que le quitaron mucha esencia a la historia en la película.

The Saint Wascar, I am very sorry; but I do not speak your language,

SpookySoto I didn't like the movie

SpookySoto The Saint wrote: "Wascar, I am very sorry; but I do not speak your language,"

He said in spanish: "I found the movie boring, and I don't know if it is because I loved the book so much, but I feel the movie didn't capture the essence of the book's story."

The Saint Wow, thank you for the translation that was kind of you.

The movie was a movie, that carried the same title of the book. The book was an excellent read two-times over. As for the movie it was movie somebody decided to make for a quick dollar. I loaned the movie out to a few of German -English speaking friends and they were impressed with the movie; on how close it matched real life incidents.

The book was a much better choice.

The Saint

SpookySoto The Saint wrote: "Wow, thank you for the translation that was kind of you.

The movie was a movie, that carried the same title of the book. The book was an excellent read two-times over. As for the movie it was mo..."

You're welcome! I figured he wanted to voice his opinion, so I helped :)

I agree, I love this book, the movie not so much.

The Saint Have you read any of his other books.

SpookySoto I have, and they're good, but my favorite is this one.
The alchemist is very good too

The Saint Ms. Wendy, have had the chance to read his book "Warrior of the Light" or "Zahir"

Stephanie Garcia i didn't know that veronica decides to die has a movie..i need to watch it..

The Saint Stephanie wrote: "i didn't know that veronica decides to die has a movie..i need to watch it.."

You can find it on Amazon .com or ? for a reasonable price under 10 Dollars. Tell us what you think.

message 50: by Golnaz (new) - added it

Golnaz I had know idea that there is a movie!!!! now I can not wait to watch it.

« previous 1