Your Dream Life discussion

Felicity/Rosepetal's stuff > Felicity's New Little Fantasy

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Felicity/Rosestar (felicity) | 23 comments Mod
I walked into school. Today we were having a block day with band. I left my phone on so I could text. That was the beauty of low brass, I could always find a time to text during clarinet sectionals. But today, I did not want to see my texts.

The first one was from Jane. She was my friend from middle school. She texted me the saddest thing I had experienced ever.

Johnny just got in a car crash yesterday. I am at the hospital now. They say he probably isn't going to make it...

NO!!! I gazed at the text and broke into bitter tears. I texted mom telling her that we needed to go to the hospital right after school. She agreed when I told her why. By then, my whole section noticed that I wasn't laughing. I was crying.

"Anne?" Jeff((ok this name doesn't change. Jeff is too Jeff for another name)) my section partner leaned forward and rubbed his hand along my back, "What's wrong?"

I had lost my sense of direction. I meant to hand my phone with Jane's text to Jeff, but I handed it to Jake, the freshman that I had saved from the waterballoons. We were close so he knew what this text would mean to me.

"Oh Anne," he wrapped his arm around me, "I'm so sorry." He handed the phone to Jeff who read it and suddenly understood. He held me in his arms as well. I continued to cry. Johnny couldn't die. He just couldn't die!

The rest of the class went by slowly. Like some super villain had slowed time. But finally the bell rang and I was off to my next class. My friend Peggy was in my next class. She looked at me with with concerned eyes. I handed her the phone with the Jane text still showing. Peggy looked at me with the most concerned eyes on earth. She gave me a hug and then walked up to our teacher.

"Uh, Anne is having a problem with a family friend," Peggy told our teacher carefully. She was trying to be quiet, but I knew this had rattled her as much as me. She knew all about Johnny inside and out.

"Ok," our teacher nodded, "but why didn't she come to me herself?"

"Look," Peggy gestured towards me, "She's as banged up as it gets. Have you ever seen her so hurt?"

"Guess not," the teacher said quietly, "Carry on."

((oh btw, I'm a sophmore in this new fantasy))

Peggy walked back to sit next to me. She gave a quick little side hug, but I didn't feel comforted. One of the best friends I ever had was about to die!

Time ticked. Each class was another piece of pain. I couldn't believe that this was happening. I thankfully had made it through the day.