Bear River Bookies discussion

January's bookclub

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (drewlotr) | 24 comments Mod
I have just confirmed with Scott Savage, and he is planning on attending our bookclub on the 28th of Jan. It should be lots of fun. Merry Christmas Everyone!!

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen (kikuc) | 60 comments Andrea wrote: "I have just confirmed with Scott Savage, and he is planning on attending our bookclub on the 28th of Jan. It should be lots of fun. Merry Christmas Everyone!!"
I am reading his book right now. Where is he from, I know somewherein Northern Utah. It has a lot of "Harry Potterish" things in it.

message 3: by Andrea (new)

The author just asked if we could change it to the 29th which is Thursday he said he will be visiting Elementary schools in this area thursday and Friday. Please let me know so I can let him know

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan | 7 comments Thursday works for me

message 5: by Karen (last edited Dec 19, 2008 09:33AM) (new)

Karen (kikuc) | 60 comments I have a class on Thursday nights, but, don't change it because of me. If it works for him, that would be best!

message 6: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 44 comments The day of the week doesn't matter much to me, would it still be at the same time?

message 7: by Karen (last edited Dec 22, 2008 07:50PM) (new)

Karen (kikuc) | 60 comments I have a copy of Far World if anyone is interested in borrowing it. I finished it last week and liked it!

message 8: by Tara (new)

Tara | 18 comments Karen,
If you don't mind, I am interested in borrowing your copy of the book. Thanks.

Also, I am in the same boat as Robyn as long as the time doesn't change I am good with any night.

message 9: by Karen (new)

Karen (kikuc) | 60 comments You are more than welcome to borrow it, would you like me to bring it to you or would you like to pick it up? Let me know! 279-8464

message 10: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 44 comments Just a reminder to everyone that bookclub is on this thursday (Jan. 28) at the civic center at 7pm. Author J. Scott Savage will be there to talk about his book (he will also have copies of it there if anybody is interested) There is an open invitation for everyone and anyone who is interested to attend -kids and adults alike. hope to see you there, robyn

message 11: by Karen (new)

Karen (kikuc) | 60 comments Is it the 28th or 29th? Thanks!

message 12: by Andrea (new)

Karen wrote: "Is it the 28th or 29th? Thanks!"
Its the 29th.

message 13: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 44 comments sorry, i should have looked at a calendar before posting... oops. Thursday is the day though...

message 14: by Karen (new)

Karen (kikuc) | 60 comments Thanks! I will try to get there, I have my art class so I don't know how it will work. If I can leave a little early, I will. I appreciate all the work you have gone to for us!

message 15: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 44 comments Big change everyone... Book club is at 8 instead of 7 tonight January 29, see you there.

message 16: by Karen (new)

Karen (kikuc) | 60 comments Thank you for a wonderful night! I enjoyed it and so did the grandkids! Who made the brownies? I would like the recipe, if that is ok!

message 17: by Andrea (new)

I think it was lots of fun last night too. I made the brownies and yes you can have the recipe. They are the famous Aunt Ruths brownines.

message 18: by Rea (new)

Rea | 16 comments I enjoyed the night also, I like the "behind the scenes and extra" stuff. Thank you for taking the time to put this together for us. Also, I had a cookie and it was YUMMY, but now I wish I had a brownie!

message 19: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 44 comments So I was thinking about next month and I wonder what if we had whomever was hosting at thier house choose the book (unless it happened to be a time when a book was getting released that everyone wanted to read or something) But that way maybe eveyone could get more of a chance to sugest a book that they really love or want to read. I think we have read lots of books that I have suggested over the course of bookclub, cause I am outspoken... so this would give everybody more of a chance to decide on books? what do you think? Also does anyone want to host next month?

message 20: by Heather (new)

Heather Hunt Julander | 14 comments That would be fine but if that person wants others to suggest, I think we could still do that. Not sure if I could come up with something good:) We still need to figure out a book for next month don't we?

message 21: by Rea (new)

Rea | 16 comments I would be happy to. And I would love to read the book that you mentioned....the biography of the little girl. Let me know, you are all welcome at my house.
Rea

message 22: by Karen (new)

Karen (kikuc) | 60 comments I agree with Rea, I would like to read that book too, just from what you have said about it. We can have a meeting here, too. I just need it to be later than February!