The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Music, Movies, & Miscellany > Happy Thanksgiving

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannon, the founder of fun (back from sabbatical) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Shannon | 254 comments Mod
Hey gang,

Just wishing you all a fantastic Thanksgiving holiday! I will be away from the boards until Friday and stuffing myself full of great food -lol.

message 2: by Alison, the guru of grace (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Alison | 1282 comments Mod
Happy Thanksgiving to all from me too!

message 3: by Sera (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Sera Same here! Have a great holiday.

message 4: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Dittos! Don't eat too much! Remember you can always have left overs!

message 5: by Erica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Erica Poole | 199 comments Whoo hoo, turkey, cranberries, stuffing, yams, mashed taters, HERE I COME! Have fun everyone! Wear your elastic waistbands!

message 6: by Michelle (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Michelle (literarilyspeaking1) I've always wanted to find those chocolate turkeys Rory and Lorelai take around to everyone's houses. Any excuse for more candy is a good one for me!

Happy Thanksgiving!

message 7: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:54PM) (new)

Meghan Okay, the year where Lorelai and Rory ate 4 Thanksgiving dinners kind of made me a little ill. So hopefully you all won't have to eat that much. For those of you driving, be safe! For everyone else, be happy! Be healthy! And thanks for making this group so much fun!

Happy Thanksgiving!

message 8: by Megan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:54PM) (new)

Megan Garrison (mgarrison2) | 2 comments Happy Thanksgiving!! I want to join in the threads but don't really know where to begin.... Do you just read a book a month??

message 9: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:54PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Welcome, Megan. Please feel free to jump in anywhere. We've been reading a contemporary and a classic each month, and compare/contrasting the two. Hop on over to the "Nominate..." thread and suggest any book from the club's list, and then sometime next week we will all vote on it. Once that is chosen, we will choose the companion book. If we choose a classic for the main book, we'll pick a contemporary book to accompany it and vice versa.

In November we're reading The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger and The Time Machine by H.G. Wells.

message 10: by Bibliosaurus (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:54PM) (new)

Bibliosaurus | 22 comments Just wanted to wish everyone a happy, safe, and totally food indulgent Thanksgiving. Don't forget to save plenty of room for dessert!

Hi, Megan and welcome.

message 11: by whichwaydidshego?, the sage of sass (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:54PM) (new)

whichwaydidshego? (whichwaydidshego) | 1996 comments Mod
Megan, glad you're here girl! Yes, jump right in!!

I'm grateful for this group and the friends I've made here this year!!

A very blessed and happy Thanksgiving to one and all!!!

... and yes, Erica, instead of my nice new black pants, I'm going to be wearing my Nike sweats that look like nice slacks because they STRETCH. Hee! But don't tell.

message 12: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:54PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) And for those of you who are You've Got Mail enthusiasts:

"Happy Thanksgibing back."

message 13: by Dottie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:00PM) (new)

Dottie  (oxymoronid) | 698 comments Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday -- I have been loving the leftovers -- cooked a 15 pounder and plenty of good extras for just hubby and me -- and then he left for three days so we still have plenty leftover.

Plum glazed turkey -- stuffing with dried cranberries, fennel and sausage in it which is so good I've made it the official stuffing from here on after forty years of my standard recipe and Christmas dinner may be a repeat around here