Stephen King Fans discussion

Sometimes Dead Threads Come Back > Is this a good Christmas wish?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dylan (last edited Dec 17, 2008 06:32PM) (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 34 comments Hi, my family was wondering what books I want for Christmas, and I immidiately thought of Stephen King. So is this a good list of his books for christmas? What order would you put this list in? From greatest to least please. Misery, Pet Semetary, Bag of Bones, Delores Claiborn, Duma Key, Thinner, and On Writing. Thank you!

message 2: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) 7. Bag of Bones
6. Dolores Claiborn
5. Thinner
4. Misery
3. On Writing
2. Pet Sematary
1. Duma Key

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) I would also recommend The Stand and The Shining if you haven't read those. I'd definitely put those at the top of the list. :)

message 4: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 34 comments I have those already, I'm going to read The Shining after I'm done with Salem's Lot. :D

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Cool... Our January book is The Shining, you've got good timing!

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (bopp) | 17 comments You're going to love Salem's Lot, it was definately one of my favorites! And Bag of Bones is the one you should check out after the Shining. It was amazing!

message 7: by Steve (last edited Dec 19, 2008 10:48AM) (new)

Steve | 247 comments my list
7. Pet Sematary
6. Dolores Claiborn
5. Thinner
4. Misery
3. On Writing (but if you aren't all that interested in writing as a hobby or income, put at the bottom of the list...)
2. Duma Key
1. Bag of Bones

message 8: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 34 comments Thanks, everyone. Elizabeth, I'm almost done with Salem's Lot! My favorite line ever is: "The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plane. In vain he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts." Page 360, Salem's Lot.

message 9: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Angie | 2572 comments Mod
The only one I have read on your list is Bag of Bones! I am trying to read one King book a month though!

message 10: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 34 comments Cool, are there any other suggestions? I was also thinking of Christine and Desperation. I hated the movie version of Christine; it just seemed too wierd and unscary for me. Was the book better?

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (bopp) | 17 comments I loved Desperation! And after you read it, you have to read Regulators. It's the companion book. He wrote Desperation as Stephen King and Regulators as Richard Bachman. You'll really enjoy the experience!

message 12: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 34 comments Thanks, so much everyone. I think I decided on a few books. In no order here's the list: Misery, Pet Semetary, Christine, On Writing, and Duma Key. I will get the others someday, but I'm not sure how much money will be on my gift cards to barnes and noble.

message 13: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 34 comments Well, I got Misery, Duma Key, Different Seasons, and Dreamcatcher. I want to get Pet Semetary, The Talisman, and Christine. They didn't have those at B&N. I also got Jigsaw Man and The Husband.

message 14: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Angie | 2572 comments Mod
What is Jigsaw Man and The Husband?

message 15: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) The Husband is Dean Koontz, I believe... Don't know about the Jigsaw Man book.

message 16: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 34 comments Jigsaw Man is a new horror novel written by Gord Rollo. You can look it up, Gord is a goodreads author.

message 17: by MARILYN (new)

MARILYN (MARILYNJ) Dylan, If you can bear to give up books,join paperback swap and can most SK books for free. I have been rereading some of his books and have not had to wait for any of them. The Talisman is good and then you have to read the sequel The Black House.
I loved both of those books. Peter Straub is a good horror writer too, sort of subtle but good. If you can get your hands of Ghost Story do so, great book.

message 18: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 34 comments Thanks MARILYN. I already have Ghost Story and plan to but The Talisman tomorrow if they have it at Barnes and Noble. :D

message 19: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) They'll have it. If they don't, you raise hell! ;)

message 20: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 34 comments Yeah no kidding!