Axis Mundi X discussion

Show and Tell > My visual poetry

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth I don't know about people who seldom post except to toot their own horn, but here I am, indulge me.

Rattle has added my visual poetry piece, the one that was published last spring, to their website for today. They're adding them one by one. I don't know if I'll be up for just today (12/17) or if once they go up they stay.

http://www.rattle.com/blog/2008/12/th...

message 2: by Cyril (new)

Cyril Very nice. Thanks for sharing it here.

message 3: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Thanks, Cyril and K. They're really fun to do.

message 4: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 1818 comments Mod
Love the gold paint, especially against the rich blue background, love the circles, and the highlighted words, Ruth. Love it, love it, love it!!!

message 5: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Why thank you, Jackie. Before doing these I'd never worked so small before. I'm finding it a release.

message 6: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 3620 comments Mod
congratulations Ruth!!! You are a class act all the way.

XOXO

message 7: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Thank you, Charissa. As I said, working so small is new for me. I like the feeling of intimacy.

message 8: by John (new)

John (jilsao) Weddy weddy nice... Loverly even!

message 9: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Thank you veddy much.

message 10: by Monica (new)

Monica Wow Ruth, it's still there (Dec.24). I'm so glad I didn't miss it. If I were home on my mac, I'd save it. Merry Christmas.

message 11: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Thank you, Monica. I guess it's going to stay up. At least for a while. The other two published in Rattle will go up in the future.

message 12: by Monica (new)

Monica I'd like a book of all of them. You pull the poetry out of the pages, right?

message 13: by Ruth (new)

Ruth You pull the poetry out of the pages, right?"

I find the poem hidden in the rest of the text. Then I try to create an image that doesn't illustrate the poem, but that will resonate with it.