Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Help Wanted...maybe...

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Dec 17, 2008 02:34AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I'll be stepping away from TC moderatorship within the next week or so...it's time. When this board started I made it clear that it wasn't my sandbox or anything silly like that...and the worst thing I felt I could do was get too personally invested and start making bad decisions based on my ego. A healthy message board by its very definition needs a community, not one person, for maintenance.

So...Sally, I would like to say in public that I'm sorry to put you in this position, but I trust your judgment. If you want another moderator, go for it...but it's totally up to you. I trust you, Sally. Do not feel like it's your responsibility. If TC fades, that's totally ok. No message board is meant to last forever and there are other places for people to talk. I'm serious. If you want to get another moderator to 1) guard against cruise ship memoirs and 2) start more threads, that's totally up to you. Thanks for jumping into the fray in the first place.

Just don't ask Jackie. God knows she moderates enough boards around here.:)

And thanks, everybody, for taking part in TC in the first place.

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) I nominate Jackie.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Ha! I wonder if ANYONE from a goodreads message board has succumbed to the cruise ship guy's promotions?! It sounds like one wacky read!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve.
Sorry, Manders! :)

message 5: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yeah but will you do it?

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) No, no. Don't apologize to me. Apologize to the other 126 members of Terminal Coffee. They're going to be sorely disappointed once they find out they have no use for the 12' "Congratulations, Jackie!" banner they just spent the last week making. Poor, poor, Terminal Coffee-ers. All covered in glitter and nowhere to go.

message 7: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Wow no guilt around here anywhere.

message 8: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17338 comments Mod
Jesus, I got nothing like that when I was ushered into the position sans election. Guess I can see who is the real star of this site.

*sob*

message 9: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Hey I praise you frequently.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Sally, Manders is just kidding. That banner really has YOUR name on it, for a belated "Welcome to Sally, Our New Co-Moderator!" celebration. Right, Manders?

And Terminal Coffee members are USUALLY covered in glitter, so that's nothing new.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh so that's glitter?

message 12: by Sally, la reina (new)

Heh, Larrybobarry, I know, I know. *gasp* My pride! So bruised! Ouch!

shit, I got some glitter in my eye.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

*hands Sally some eye drops, and then genuflects as he backs away*

message 14: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Careful -- that stuff can scratch a cornea.

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) I was kidding. I heart sally times infinity. Boo yah, y'all!

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Also, I had to re-join terminal coffee to make my little joke about nominating Jackie. I'll un-join again shortly... :) So it's none of my business really...

xoxoxoxo Magnet!!!!! (Please don't paddle me.)

message 17: by Sally, la reina (new)

Wait, why did you ever un-join?

message 18: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) It was recommend by m y 12-step leader...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.