Troublesome Creek (Troublesome Creek, #1) Troublesome Creek discussion

12. In this book the eastern Kentucky mountains becomes almost a central character. Have you ever loved a place as much as Copper loved her home? How did you feel if you had to leave it?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margaret (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Margaret Chind I feel that way about a small lake inlet in Ontario, Canada. The sad part is that I was only there for two weeks. But it is my sanctuary in my mind that I go to often.

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy I lived in the same house until I was 20. My neighbors were my dad's aunt on one side and her son and his family on the other side. There also is a huge cemetery beyond our backyards. I remember riding my bike through the cemetery, watching the trees change, the animals, the gardens we had, and camping in the backyard. Some days I wish I could go back to being a kid, and stay their forever. I am not content where I am because it is too small, however we plan to build across the street in the next few years. I've lived here for 18 months now and I still do not feel like I “belong” to this community yet. I'm hoping once we have kids I will feel it more.
My great aunt and father died this year, and home will never be the same. My great aunt's house will be sold, and my dad's cousin plans on moving in the next few years. I love going back, and yet I don't like to stay long.