Troublesome Creek (Troublesome Creek, #1) Troublesome Creek discussion

1 view
3. Granny believed in “signs.” How do you feel about foreshadowing? Is it scriptural?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margaret (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Margaret Chind I believe each person is different and therefore has different talents and abilities. I do not personally know about visions per say, but I do know that I have always had what I refer to as deja vu dreams... a vague dream that in days or years past will come true. Also, Heidi, about what you said about Christians not being able to be demon possessed, from my studies that is not true. What I have read in some instances states that the closer you are to God the harder evil will attempt to propel itself in your life and grab hold of the slightest invite. For instance, if someone were to believe they were strong enough to help someone, in a circumstance that pulls them down versus helping the other. I've heard it happens, but I have not witnessed it myself.

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy Foreshadowing is for in books. But lately at work, over the last few months, I've noticed God giving me hints. For example, I may ask about a certain diagnosis I've never seen before, and maybe the following week we will have a patient with that same diagnosis. God's way of helping me to learn what I needed to for that patient. I don't believe people have “visions” anymore...gut feelings, yes. I do believe in listening to the animals...watching how thick a beaver makes it's dam in preparation for a hard or mild winter. But I also believe if you are quiet and listen hard enough you can hear God speaking to you.