Troublesome Creek (Troublesome Creek, #1) Troublesome Creek discussion

1 view
1. Troublesome Creek is a work of historical fiction. Do you often choose this genre? If so why?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margaret (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Margaret Chind I absolutely love reading historical fiction. Really it is a new love, but in looking back I realize that I have picked many a historical Christian fiction novel without realization before. I too love a good escape, but even more so I love to learn a little history or culture along the way.

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy I started out reading Christian Fiction with anything set in the 1800s, usually the old west. Something about life being simpler, and farming the land. What's funny is when I was little I didn't want to learn any domestic skills. I remember my mom trying to teach me to knit, sew, cook, or take me to the local historical buildings, and being so bored, thinking "They're dead, and those clothes under the glass look really old and yellow. Gross!"
Somewhere in my teens, after many failing relationships, I began reading The Love Comes Softly Series by Janette Oke. There, I fell in love with the West of the 1800s. I love reading about how families or individuals conquered nature, and then were conquered by God's love.
....And I love escaping out of everyday reality, too.