Literature & Film discussion

Literary Films

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adam (new)

Adam | 10 comments What about films that aren't adaptations but just very imbued with Literature, like Coens,Woody Allen, Buneal, Altman etc. I just saw Synedoche New York which despite some self indulgences and lack of editing was great and reminded me of a lot of literature I love. Combining metafiction, science fiction, and morbid confessional I was reminded of Beckett, Vian, Borges, John T. Sladek, Ballard, Michael Moorcock, Barthelme, and much more.
-Adam

message 2: by Nick (new)

Nick (ndoerrabbott) 'Finding Forrester' fits in this category (imbued with Lirerature). If you have not seen it, you'll like it.

Point me to a definition of 'metafiction'.

message 3: by Adam (new)

Adam | 10 comments metafiction is roughly fiction about the writing of fiction, or fiction that breaks the fourth wall and reveals its artifice.
-Adam

message 4: by Shadazz (new)

Shadazz Boy this thread is old

Literary films:

Dead Man I think is a huge blink to poetry readers. Are you really William Blake?

Adaptation by Spike Jonze makes me feel like reading The neverending story, with the script writer being a character and all that.

message 5: by Vernon (new)

Vernon Goddard (gorseinonboy) Shadazz wrote: "Boy this thread is old

Literary films:

Dead Man I think is a huge blink to poetry readers. Are you really William Blake?

Adaptation by Spike Jonze makes me feel like reading The neverending stor..."

You're right......this thread is dead and perhaps should be buried. Is it worth a wake? Nah!!!!!!!!!