VEGETARIANS!!! AND VEGANS!!! discussion

people who don't even care

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Soumya (new)

Soumya I know, i feel bad for the animals. Some are almot going extinct because of people hunting them.

message 2: by Soumya (new)

Soumya I know. I think whales almost became extinct.

message 3: by Soumya (new)

Soumya It did? That's awsome. I think it was down somewhere near Japan or China. I'm not sure if that's right though.

message 4: by Soumya (new)

Soumya It's just sad, and cruel.

Kjersti but you can call me Captain Oh yeah,speaking of which, my mom makes home made soap that doesn't use animal fat, all plant oils. It is SO good.

message 6: by Soumya (new)

Soumya for oil? How would they get oil by killing animals?

Kjersti but you can call me Captain When you melt down and purify the fat in the whale, it is converted to oil.

The same goes for beef and pork today. Many mass market soaps (think Dove) use beef fat as the primary oil in their soaps.

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments thats so sad for the whales

I heard that in this type of ice cream(i dont know what kind but..) they put some parts of the dolphins tongue into the ice-cream...so that it could have a special taste,i hope that some day animal cruelty could just stop

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments sadly...but the most we could do is convince others

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments I made this club ...vegetarian club at my school I was suprised by the # of ppls that joined

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments coolio ha has..nice word

message 12: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) i don't want people to keep eating them every day, i mean, if they like it a lot, it's hard not to have any all of the sudden, but i want them to eat it only like once every two weeks

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments yah i know...i wish that can happen
I mean im trying.. *sigh* I made this veggie club @ my school :]

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 8 comments I really dislike people that don't care, but I really hat- er, strongly dislike anti-animal people. >:( *sigh* Yeah, whaling is terrible! I have been trying to use products that don't have animal products, and were made without animal testing.

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments way to go!!! i really dont like those ppls also, its like all that i try to tell them about animals and how they get killed ..sum ppls would jus be like oh but its sooo good how can i not eat it, its just so sad

i think they have this list of products that test or not test on animals on the peta2 website

Zarha, the groove bringer | 29 comments Most people aren't necessarily anti-animal, they just never even think about it at all, and that's almost worse >.>

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments yah...i guess x_x

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 8 comments Yeah. I have met some people who weren't just indifferent, but also knew everything and didn't care, or even supported it themselves! *resists urge to throw something fragile* Anywho...

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments lol yeah

Young Lightning in Dark Sky (devotchkat) | 9 comments Mod
The thought of destroying animals for our benefit is terrible and I support it in no way although about once a week I do consume chicken or turkey which I am trying very hard to stop, and my goal is to be totally vegetarian by the end of this month (I was a vegetarian for 2 years though, so I think that probably counts for something).
I believe that milk, cheese, and eggs, are perfectly fine as long as the animals are treated humanely, are in safe, healthy environments, and happy. I only consume organic products such as organic milk and eggs and keep from eating cheese as much as possible, and eggs are kind of iffy to me because technically you are destroying a life that never even had a chance to be.

message 21: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Koenigsmann (wkoenigsmann) Well, they do say that a not so small portion of the population is sociopathic/psychopathic to some degree, and I'm willing to bet that most people who can condone the large-scale killing of animals for food were also of the same type of personality; Ray Croc the founder of McDonald's said he didn't care how he had to destroy his competition, he said his business was "dog eat dog" etc. etc. and if he felt that way about that, then he probably didn't care much about people, let alone animals, the the results of eating the food or the way animals suffered -- there are some people who don't feel very much at all and they do exist. I think these are the people who come closest to the sociopathic spectrum in some ways -- the spectrum is wide, and we're all sociopathic to one degree or another, but some people are just more pronounced. This is what I've basically come to conclude after thinking about this for years now.

message 22: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Koenigsmann (wkoenigsmann) Well, they do say that a not so small portion of the population is sociopathic/psychopathic to some degree, and I'm willing to bet that most people who can condone the large-scale killing of animals for food were also of the same type of personality; Ray Croc the founder of McDonald's said he didn't care how he had to destroy his competition, he said his business was "dog eat dog" etc. etc. and if he felt that way about that, then he probably didn't care much about people, let alone animals, the the results of eating the food or the way animals suffered -- there are some people who don't feel very much at all and they do exist. I think these are the people who come closest to the sociopathic spectrum in some ways -- the spectrum is wide, and we're all sociopathic to one degree or another, but some people are just more pronounced. This is what I've basically come to conclude after thinking about this for years now.

message 23: by Wendy (new)

message 24: by Wendy (new)

message 25: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Koenigsmann (wkoenigsmann) http://psychopathicpersonalitydisorde...

(Forgot to add that link to an article relating to this . . .)

message 26: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Koenigsmann (wkoenigsmann) If any of my competitors were drowning, I'd stick a hose in their mouth and turn on the water. It is ridiculous to call this an industry. This is not. This is rat eat rat, dog eat dog. I'll kill 'em, and I'm going to kill 'em before they kill me. You're talking about the American way – of survival of the fittest. --Ray Kroc, founder of McDonalds.

message 27: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Koenigsmann (wkoenigsmann) That is because most humans are not forward thinking enough. It's a selfish mode of being.

message 28: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Koenigsmann (wkoenigsmann) deleted user wrote: "its terrible like I said before, people hunting for fun? its like, come on"

--People? I think more guys than women like to hunt, or am I mistaken.

message 29: by Zarha, the groove bringer (last edited Jun 04, 2009 09:58PM) (new)

Zarha, the groove bringer | 29 comments

Young Lightening in Dark Sky wrote: "The thought of destroying animals for our benefit is terrible and I support it in no way although about once a week I do consume chicken or turkey which I am trying very hard to stop, and my goal i..."

I agree that milk, ect. is okay if consumed humanely, the problem with that. The average american eats 30 pounds of cheese a year, with 300 million people, assuming that my math is correct (which it probably isn't, but either way it's a LOT), that's like 9 billion pounds of just cheese per year, how is that economically and spaciously possible to create humane environments for all the cows it will take to produce that cheese.

Zarha, the groove bringer | 29 comments Wendy wrote: "deleted user wrote: "its terrible like I said before, people hunting for fun? its like, come on"

--People? I think more guys than women like to hunt, or am I mistaken.

"

I think women may hunt slightly less, but there are still many woman hunters out there

Young Lightning in Dark Sky (devotchkat) | 9 comments Mod
You do hear about men hunting more often than you hear of women, but there is the occasional human that is female that enjoys and performs the "skill" of hunting.
Poaching gets to me more than hunting, however...
The Earth does have an abundance of, say, deer, (humans are in a terrible abundance as well...but, that's a different story completely), so although I would never hunt or do anything of the sort, I would be more against poaching as many people would because poaching is usually inflicted upon animals there are scarcer amounts of and it is oftentimes if not always illegal (I'd have to read more about it to know if it is for sure illegal, just so I don't sound ridiculous or ignorant).

message 32: by Annie (new)

Annie (anniegudenkauf) | 9 comments Kjersti but you can call me Captain wrote: "Oh yeah,speaking of which, my mom makes home made soap that doesn't use animal fat, all plant oils. It is SO good."

OMG they do that???

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

people are so stupid...

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

it's money...money makes you do things, bad things...

have you ever heared of the movie "The Box" its about a button, if you press it, you will get 1,000,000 dollors but it will kill someone in the world... if your not a people person (like me) put it like this...
if you press it, you will get 1,000,000 dollors but it will torture an animal until it dies...