Horror Leisure Book Club! discussion

Monthly reads > The Hidden Discussion

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dylan, The bloodsucking moderator (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 231 comments Mod
This is the general discussion for The Hidden. No spoilers please. Thank you!

message 2: by Brett (new)

Brett (battlinjack) | 75 comments I just finished The Hidden not more than 10 minutes ago. What an amazing story! There is a bit there for everyone I think. Mystery, horror, suspense, more horror. Some great character development and storytelling. I don't want to give anything away here, but anyone who hasn't read The Hidden has no idea what they are missing!
I think I would actually give this a 5 star rating if I rated books that way.

message 3: by Dylan, The bloodsucking moderator (new)

I'm really glad you liked it Brett. She's my favorite author and this is the only book of hers I haven't read yet. I can't find it anywhere. I may have to buy it on either Dorchestor publishing or Amazon. I hope you decide to read her other books as well. Breeding Ground's still my favorite. It got me hooked on her books. :D

message 4: by Brett (new)

Brett (battlinjack) | 75 comments I plan on reading more of her books. When I find an author I like, I tend to try and find all their books. I'm compulsive that way. -grin-
Breeding Ground is the only other book of hers that I have right now. I guess I better get started on it now.

Alas. So many books, so little time. Sigh.

message 5: by Dylan, The bloodsucking moderator (new)

No kidding. Tell me what you think of it. :D

message 6: by Brett (new)

Brett (battlinjack) | 75 comments Just finished Breeding Ground. I liked it quite a bit. Although it wraps up fairly well, there is enough left unsaid that it begs for a sequel.
I am rarely happy with the endings of books. Too often it seems that the author has a hard time bringing the story to an end. Which I can understand. I know that I always want to say more.

Breeding Ground has a different take on the end of the world scenario. An interesting one at that. But I want to know more about the widows dang it! How intelligent are they? Do they come from Earth or the great beyond? And what the heck is going on with the climate?

Definitely a good story. I can always tell they are when they leave me thinking and wondering.

message 7: by Jason (new)

Jason | 65 comments I'm enjoying Tower Hill.

message 8: by Dylan, The bloodsucking moderator (new)

Brett, don't worry Sarah's hard at work on the sequel, Feeding Ground. I'm glad you liked it, was it creepy enough for ya? Jason, glad you're enjoying Tower Hill. All in all it was my least favorite of her books, but it still is one of my favorite horror books on Leisure Publishing. You can either read The Reckoning or The Taken next. The're great!

message 9: by Brett (new)

Brett (battlinjack) | 75 comments Oh, it is most definitely creepy! I just can't wait for more of the story. It is so interesting and there is so much that can be said yet that it's terrible to have to wait.
Yes, I'm impatient! -grin-
But I'd rather wait for quality than get schlock in a hurry!

Sarah has quickly become an author that I want to read more of. I'll be looking for her other books a little harder than I have been.

message 10: by Dylan, The bloodsucking moderator (new)

Well, I hope you enjoy her other books! :D