Writing Passionates discussion

Read my Story/Story Help > story ideas

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

hi! well, i just thought i'd start a topic of story ideas. sometimes you just cant think of a story idea. i have sparks of inspiration all the time. lets share them here so people can use them. here are a few of mine:

1. a world without warmth
2. ???
ok sorry there i lost my train of thought XD. well yeah uh contribute here plz!!

message 2: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Sella Malin | 4530 comments Mod
well...usually when I get a story idea, I want to use it for myself...but if I ever get an idea that I don't want to use, and I'd like to throw out here and let someone else use, then I'll post! :D

message 3: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 5857 comments Mod
oh the "world w/o warmth" thing ... i wrote a story like that once. well, actually it was kinda the opposite. these ppl lived in this place where it was always warm, and then it started snowing and they were totally freaked out. and it turned out that the rest of the world was like frozen over, and they left their little society behind to go find some other warm society ... yeah it was weird. i never finished it.

message 4: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) | 2205 comments Mod
Well I think you should post it bcuz it sounds cool ;D

message 5: by Brigid ✩ (new)

.... eeehhh maaaybe. but i wrote it in seventh grade. and it kind of really sucks.

message 6: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

bleh i am sure its good. The Strike sucks.

message 7: by Brigid ✩ (new)

it does not.
trust me, this story was like god-awful.

message 8: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

if it was by YOU, i seriously doubt that.

message 9: by Brigid ✩ (new)

you'd be surprised

message 10: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1074 comments 2. A monkey who got betrayed by his own kind so he goes to live w/ humans and learns English,Spanish, and Eurpean.

message 11: by Brigid ✩ (new)

lol

message 12: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1074 comments I know!!! I was telling Curti about Among the Betrayed and he wasn't listening and was all "did you just say a monkey got betrayed" and I'm al "no" and hes all oh "oh that would be funny if a monkey got betrayed by his own kind and went to live with humans learned English Spanish and European"

message 13: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

lol thatd be weird . . . .

message 14: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller I don't really have extra ideas.. if I have an idea (which is rare) I like to use it.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

haha u guys are greedy!! jk, but i have another.

3. a caveman who decides the world is too silent and invents music.

message 16: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Sella Malin | 4530 comments Mod
lol!! that's a good idea. XD

message 17: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) 4. A story about the daughter of Santa Claus who is not wanted, because only boys are able to twist time and therefore are the only value to Christmas. Mrs. Claus dies right after giving birth to this girl, so the line of Clauses is at a standstill, and Christmas seems unable to continue until Santa discovers his daughter has a gift of her own. (I don't know what it is, just throwing that out there)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

coolio!

message 19: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) And another one! I think this is a pretty good idea, but I can't start any new stories right now.
5. A couple that dies in a car crash, one goes to Hell, one to Heaven. Or, a variation, an angel who falls in love with a devil, or vice versa.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

for the first one, you could have them looking at each other and since both people from Hell and Heaven have taught them to hate the other, they do, and it takes real love to get them back.

message 21: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Hmmmm...I was thinking more along the lines of a sort of Romeo and Juliet story, you know, like in the Greek story of Helen of Troy's brothers?
Just in case:
So, they're twins, and they both die. One of them is half god, so he goes up to Mount Olympus while the other stays in the Underworld. The one that went to Mount Olympus was so distraught that he started going to the Underworld without Zeus' permission. Zeus found out, but admired his bravery and let him spend every other day in the Underworld with his brother.

So maybe something like that, only with lovers. But since Heaven/Hell is such a controversial topic, maybe you should do it as just a Greek myth or something.

message 22: by Paige (last edited Dec 19, 2008 04:58PM) (new)

Paige Miller hmmmmmmmmm.........................

I like it. We'll see if anyone can go somewhere with it

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

wait - what? ur using the idea? i mean, its fine with me ...

message 24: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller NO!!!!!! I mean, maybe, but that wasn't really the plan. I meant to say, We'll see if anyone can go somewhere with it. Let me see.... I'll fix it.

*goes and fixes dumb mistake*

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

haha its ok paige

message 26: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
World war 3. Plus ghosts. :D

that's all I'm giving you, because this comes from a much more specific idea that I ALMOST used for nanowrimo, which I will eventually use.