The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1) The Girl of Fire and Thorns discussion

Similar Books?

Comments (showing 1-29 of 29) (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel I absolutely loved The Girl of Fire of Thorns, and really want some more books like it. I've read Delirium, Matched/Crossed, Across the Universe,which are all similar, but I've had trouble finding books like them. Help?

message 2: by Janae (new) - added it

Janae Me either, would you let me know when you find some because i haven't found any!

Veronica If it's the fantasy aspect you're looking for:

Read any series by Maria V. Snyder. She's a really good author.

Also, read Kristen Cashore's books. She's my favorite author!

Cayla Kluver is another similar author :)

message 4: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren Have you read Divergent?

Veronica I really don't see how/why you guys are comparing "The Girl of Fire and Thorns" to all these futuristic/dystopian books, lol.

They are totally opposite seeing as this book is more historical then it is anything else with it's trans-continental adventures, monarchies, soldiers, etc...

message 6: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren Well I would say Finnikin of the Rock is pretty close :)

Veronica Lauren wrote: "Well I would say Finnikin of the Rock is pretty close :)"

Great book :)

message 8: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren Yesss!! I have to get book two SOON!!

Veronica Lauren wrote: "Yesss!! I have to get book two SOON!!"

I wasn't a really big fan of Froi so I hope his book changes my mind :)

message 10: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren Yeah I wasn't either.. but I read the premise and he sounds like he's going to 'behave' enough for me to like him ;)

Veronica Good! Haha. There's going to be a third book, too.

message 12: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT'S IT CALLED????? TELLLL MEEEEEEEEEE... sorry... I lost my composure there for a minute...

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

There's gonna be a second book of the girl of fire and thorns, it's called the crown of embers, for more info about it and the cover pic go to fireandthorns.com

sorry i sound like an advertiser, but i'm just a 13 year old girl!

message 14: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren haha your fine! I had heard of the second book for the Girl Of Fire And Thorns :) I cannot wait for that one either :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

IKR, my friend got me totally hooked, i really liked the series but my favorite series of all time either have to be the hunger games or the house of night series, neither are a lot like the girl of fire and thorns (actually the house of night series is probably as far from it as possible) but i still recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it before

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

:)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

btw it comes out on September 18th

Veronica Lauren wrote: "WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT'S IT CALLED????? TELLLL MEEEEEEEEEE... sorry... I lost my composure there for a minute..."

Here: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10...

I loved Fire and Thorns because it was so different with the main character being a "non-perfect" character but loving herself anyways.

I gotta admit, I never imagined her fat while reading it.

Team Hector! <3

message 19: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren Veronica: Thanks for the link :) I imagined her fat in the beginning because how she moved and details were described well... after she left not so much!

Narsa: I agree it was a great story.. although I usually like books like it :)

message 20: by Veronica (last edited Mar 18, 2012 07:13PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Veronica Lauren wrote: "Veronica: Thanks for the link :) I imagined her fat in the beginning because how she moved and details were described well... after she left not so much!

Yeah, I imagined it in the beginning because she was thinking about it/mentioning it pretty constantly but once she was done with that, I just imagined her just being curvy ;)

message 21: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren exactly!! Well and then she actually got curvy... but that's not the point haha

Veronica Lauren wrote: "exactly!! Well and then she actually got curvy... but that's not the point haha"

Lol. What's your team? I really didn't like either of the love interests. I tend to go toward the relationship where neither is aware of it yet ;)

message 23: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren Hmm... It's been so long... I really can't say honestly if I have a team :/

Jessica Similiar books would be the Lumatere Chronicles (Melina Marchetta), the Seven Realms series (Cinda Williams Chima), or the Graceling Realm series (Kristin Cashore). I recommend them all!

Veronica Jessica wrote: "Similiar books would be the Lumatere Chronicles (Melina Marchetta), the Seven Realms series (Cinda Williams Chima), or the Graceling Realm series (Kristin Cashore). I recommend them all!"

Yes. Gracline, Fire, and Bitterble by Kristen Cashore (The Seven Kingdoms Trilogy).

Bella Perhaps something exotic like Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst. I found the heroines of both books very alike in personality and evolution.

Madeleine Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

message 28: by Alex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alex Maybe try The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley. It's YA historical fantasy with an action girl and a desert setting. Not sure if this is what you're looking for though.

Lunasa Cailin I like Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier, and Scarlet by A.G. Gaughen.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Girl of Fire and Thorns (other topics)
Vessel (other topics)
Daughter of the Forest (other topics)
Scarlet (other topics)