The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Help an new member out? Por Favor!!!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 10 comments Hello---
Anyone willing to help an amateur newspaper columnist? I was planning on making a column of Christmas movies derived from books? HELP! I have ,like, 3 so it'd be cool of anyone has any clue. My web searches have resulted in helping me NONE. SO I was hoping the good member in this group would be willing to help me out?

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10095 comments Mod
Chelsea.
Hi. Thanks for joining, wanna tell us a little about yourself? I checked out your profile, tho there wasnt much there. I see your fave book is The Book Thief, do you only read YA, or are there other genres you like?

message 3: by Beth Ann (new)

Beth Ann (bagrover) Polar Express
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
The Christmas Carol

That's what I came up with.

message 4: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) In God We Trust: All Others Pay Cash is the book the movie A Christmas Story is based on.

message 5: by Lynlee4 (new)

Lynlee4 | 117 comments Wow Charity - thank you for that info! I'm crazy for A Christmas Story and knew it was based on a book but didn't know the title. Another addition to my wishlist :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group!

message 7: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Welcome!!!

message 8: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 10 comments Lori wrote: "Chelsea.
Hi. Thanks for joining, wanna tell us a little about yourself? I checked out your profile, tho there wasnt much there. I see your fave book is The Book Thief, do you only read YA, or are ..."

No, I am a ya so some of that suits but I enjoy historical fiction, phillipa gregory to a certain extent...umm yeah, my profile is a work in progress. Thanks for the re, btw. Really happy with my decision to join this group everyone is really welcoming. Thanks guys!!

message 9: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 10 comments thanks so much!

message 10: by Donitello (new)

Donitello "Scrooged" (with Bill Murray) was also derived/updated from A CHRISTMAS CAROL.

message 11: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10095 comments Mod
Well, glad you are glad you joined Chelsea :)

message 12: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Chelsea, you might check a thread in this group that a started, called christmas movies. They aren't all christmas movies but I asked for suggestions for movies to watch around christmas. Hope it will help.

message 13: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi chelsea, happy reading!!