Ratebeer Readers discussion

c'mon guys let's keep it alive

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Muzzlehatch (new)

Muzzlehatch | 168 comments I guess everybody's just so excited about Ratebeer being back up and solid that they're ignoring this...

Well, I'm not, though I'm not reading so much in the last couple of weeks.

Just finished The Prophet of Yonwood , third in the Young Adult science fiction/post-apocalypse series by Jeanne Duprau that began with City of Ember. It was ok, weaker than the first two; there's only one book remaining (so far) so that is next up.

Also back into Angler: The Cheney Vice Presidency which I got away from for a few weeks because it's a library copy and it was reserved for a while. I'll finish that this week.

That's the active stuff. I'm going to try to get into this bio I have of Hollywood actress and director Ida Lupino, the second successful female director in the USA and the only active one in the whole decade of the 1950s.

message 2: by William (new)

William (acknud) I have a few I am trying to get through:

The Catcher in the Rye - I feel my reading base is really lacking on the classics. I have To Kill a Mockingbird lined up as well.

Monster Planet - I can read this on line. This is the last in the Monster books by David Wellington. (Monster Island, Monster Nation, Monster Planet.

The Body in Question by Jonathan Miller - This is an overview of the development of modern Biology and medicine.

God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything by Christopher Hitchens. The name says it all.

Final Exits: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of How We Die - Bathroom book.

message 3: by Muzzlehatch (new)

Muzzlehatch | 168 comments The Catcher in the Rye - I feel my reading base is really lacking on the classics. I have To Kill a Mockingbird lined up as well.

I haven't read either of those myself. Sad.

God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything

There has really been an outpouring of anti-religion books over the last few years; all of them seem to get very mixed reviews, this one not excepted. I have the feeling this is the one I'm most likely to read soon though.

message 4: by Dodd (new)

Dodd | 127 comments I haven't read Mockingbird or Rye either and justified my continued ignorance telling myself that they probably aren't that great anyway.

Only current read is re-reading Alexander Hamilton, Chernow. Even better the second time around.