Urban Fantasy series' discussion

UF Series > Favorite Male Characters

Comments (showing 1-50 of 60) (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Stephanie (Bookfever. ❤) (bookfever) Barrons without a thought.

message 2: by Carleny (new)

Carleny (Sofiel) I just started reading the Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison and I have come to the conclusion that I hate Rachel but I love love love Jenks the pixy. He has his moments of course, but I love him the best of all the male characters I've read so far in the series. Though I've come to the conclusion that it's hard to find male characters to like if all they do is whisk the girl away to keep her safe and be dashing and whatnot... I enjoy a strong female character that doesn't let a man do everything for her.

Stephanie (Bookfever. ❤) (bookfever) I love The Hollows! Jenks is epic!

message 4: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (PixiBell) | 104 comments I'm torn between Bones, Trent, Adam, Curran, & Barrons...I can't just pick one :-(...LOL

message 5: by Tala (new)

Tala   (Tala2) I can't decide between Jean Claude, Micah, and Nathaniel. All from Anita Blake series.

message 6: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (PixiBell) | 104 comments Darn authors for making us love those boys!!!

message 7: by Carleny (new)

Carleny (Sofiel) Jessi wrote: "I'm torn between Bones, Trent, Adam, Curran, & Barrons...I can't just pick one :-(...LOL"

Okay, honestly, Trent is awesome sauce, too... though I have only read the first book so all I know is that he's a bad guy and that no one knows whether he's an Inderlander or a human... and I'm going to wait a while before reading the second book, though, because I really hate Rachel.

message 8: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (PixiBell) | 104 comments no don't wait trust me...it gets better all the way around!!!

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (last edited Mar 15, 2012 03:36PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) For urban fantasy (off the top of my head):

Cal and Nik Leandros
Adam Hauptmann/Bran Cornick/Samuel Cornick/Charles Cornick (Mercy Thompson/Alpha and Omega)
John Taylor (Nightside)
Harry Dresden
Ray Lilly (Twenty Palaces)
Barrons (Fever series)
Dieter Resnick (Zero Sum/Zero Sight)
Connor Grey

message 10: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (PixiBell) | 104 comments I forgot to mention Rehvenge from (BDB) but I love his character as well.

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (last edited Mar 16, 2012 10:52AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) I love Rehv too. I guess I was thinking more strictly UF with my list.

message 12: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (PixiBell) | 104 comments I tried to do that but Rehvenge would not be denied...LOL

message 13: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (ShazFly) | 11 comments Stephanie ♥Loves Adrian Ivashkov♥ wrote: "I love The Hollows! Jenks is epic!"

I'm with you on Jenks! He rules the Hollows!!!

message 14: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (ShazFly) | 11 comments If any of you have read my first UF novel, you'll be familiar with Razor - he's the heroine's pet (45 lb)cat, for those of you who haven't read it - He gets the most fan mail and mentions in my reviews out of all my male characters - So I'd have to nominate him ;-)

message 15: by Jessi (last edited Jun 14, 2012 01:50PM) (new)

Jessi (PixiBell) | 104 comments I think out of all the genres I read my absolutely favorite top eleven male characters [in this order too] are:

1. Roarke [In Death series]
2. Curran [Kate Daniels series]
3. Bones [Night Huntress series]
4. Acheron [Dark-Hunter series]
5. Trent [The Hollows series]
6. Bran [Mercy Thompson series]
7. Barrons [Fever series]
8. Adam [Mercy Thompson series]
9. Rehvenge [Black Dagger Brotherhood series]
10. Logan Quinn [Mythos Academy series]
11. James Stark [House of Night series]
12. Tybalt [October Daye series]

Here's my favorite books they were in:

1.Judgment in Death (In Death, #11) by J.D. Robb Innocent in Death (In Death, #24) by J.D. Robb2.Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) by Ilona Andrews3.Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost4.Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #15) by Sherrilyn Kenyon5.Pale Demon (The Hollows, #9) by Kim Harrison6.Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs7.Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning8.Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs9.Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward10.Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2) by Jennifer Estep11.Burned (House of Night, #7) by P.C. Cast12.Late Eclipses (October Daye, #4) by Seanan McGuire

message 16: by ☀Rachael☀ (new)

☀Rachael☀ (jimbunni) My fave men are;

1. Adam Hautman - Mercy Thompson
2. Atticus O'Sullivan & Oberon- Iron Druid ( he might be a dog but he is male!)
3. Curran - Kate Daniels
4. Gabriel & Dick - Jane Jamieson (couldn't choose)
5. Tybalt - October Daye

Not necessacary the sexiest but one I like the best!

message 17: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (PixiBell) | 104 comments @Scotia: Bran's the one that kinda just sneaks up on you.

@Rachael: make that 12. I forgot about Tybalt. Love him too!!!

message 18: by Jules (new)

Jules In order:
Tied for #1 Adam Hauptman [Mercy Thompson] and Clayton Danvers [Women of the Otherworld]
#2 Harry Dresden [Dresden Files]
#3 Edward Cullen [Twilight]
#4 Rhage [BDB]
#5 Trent Kalamack [Hollows]

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (last edited Jun 15, 2012 01:11PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) In UF, I'd definitely have to go with Adam Hauptman and Samuel Cornick (Mercy Thompson), Bran and Charles Cornick (Alpha and Omega) by Patricia Briggs and I agree with Juli about Clayton Danvers (Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong.

I am a sucker for Edward Cullen, I freely admit!

message 20: by Raelene (new)

Raelene  (Kretch) | 4 comments I love all the male Vampires in Lara Adrians breed series, each one dashing, and different.

message 21: by Ela (new)

Ela Bran (Mercy Thompson) definately the most interesting.
But I also love Ben, Warren, Adam and Samuel from that series.

message 22: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Top 5 Loves:
- Curran from Kate Daniels
- Terrible from Chess Putnam
- Tybalt from Toby Daye
- Bran from Mercy Thompson
- Barron from Fever

message 23: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (PixiBell) | 104 comments Ben had me crying at that scene in Iron Kissed when he was trying to make Adam understand.

message 24: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (PixiBell) | 104 comments But it's also the first time you get a peek into Ben and why he's the way he is...I can't wait for him to get his own HEA he def deserves it.

message 25: by Ela (last edited Jun 18, 2012 10:16AM) (new)

Ela Scotia wrote: "Jessi wrote: "Ben had me crying at that scene in Iron Kissed when he was trying to make Adam understand."

Yeah that was pretty intense"

OMGsoh that scene with Ben in Iron Kissed makes me tear up just thinking about it!
I really hope Patricia Briggs keeps developing his character.

message 26: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 92 comments Curran-Kate daniels
Frost and Darkness-merry gentry
Love these alpha males!!!

message 27: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (PixiBell) | 104 comments I'm rooting for a whole book about Ben maybe the first in a Mercy Thompson world series...

message 28: by Ela (new)

Ela Jessi wrote: "I'm rooting for a whole book about Ben maybe the first in a Mercy Thompson world series..."

I would quite like a prequel for him, while he was still in England, or ppossibly about his transition to Adam's pack...anything set before Moon Calls sound good :D

message 29: by ☀Rachael☀ (new)

☀Rachael☀ (jimbunni) I just want more Mercy more more more!!!

message 30: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (PixiBell) | 104 comments Ela wrote: "Jessi wrote: "I'm rooting for a whole book about Ben maybe the first in a Mercy Thompson world series..."

I would quite like a prequel for him, while he was still in England, or ppossibly about hi..."

Or maybe a 5-6 chapter prologue about his life in London then they jump to the current timeline in Mercy's world

message 31: by Ela (new)

Ela Rachael wrote: "I just want more Mercy more more more!!!"

I totally agree!!

message 32: by ☀Rachael☀ (new)

☀Rachael☀ (jimbunni) I don't think she realises Mercy fans need their Mercy hit! And Adam and Warren even Ben!

message 33: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (PixiBell) | 104 comments Maybe we should start a petition here on goodreads or a poll or something

message 34: by Ela (new)

Ela Scotia wrote: "Jessi wrote: "Maybe we should start a petition here on goodreads or a poll or something"

Yeah! It does not take 3 years to write a book... she's doing this on purpose =P"

Yep, she's trying to tease us into insanity and the horrible thing is...it will work!!

message 35: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (PixiBell) | 104 comments I think i'd be okay if she gave us snippets like Ilona Andrews does...And okay to be fair we did have Fair Game in February but she could write or release a novella between now and next year....maybe an update on Mercy's injuries and pack dynamics.

message 36: by Ela (last edited Jun 19, 2012 09:27AM) (new)

Ela Jessi wrote: "I think i'd be okay if she gave us snippets like Ilona Andrews does...And okay to be fair we did have Fair Game in February but she could write or release a novella between now and next year....may..."

Yeah...but at least when she does release it, it will be good, I can't stand it when authors just churn out loads of mediocre books.

message 37: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (PixiBell) | 104 comments Ela wrote: "Jessi wrote: "I think i'd be okay if she gave us snippets like Ilona Andrews does...And okay to be fair we did have Fair Game in February but she could write or release a novella between now and ne..."

True very true

message 38: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 25, 2012 07:20PM) (new)

Ethan Wate from Beautiful Creatures, I love the fact it was told from a male's point of view. Ethan was so sweet too he makes my heart flutter.

message 39: by Alex (new)

Alex  | 4 comments Perry - Jill Kismet
Japhrimel - Dante Valentine
Graves - Strange Angels
Terrible - Downside
Curran - Kate Daniels
Julian - Forbidden Game
Bones - Night Huntress

message 40: by Lauren (last edited Jul 19, 2012 05:57AM) (new)

Lauren Thought of a few more:
Cassel from Curseworkers (White Cat)
Caliban from the Cal Leandros Series (Nightlife)

I love the bad boys!

message 41: by melody (last edited Jul 19, 2012 01:24PM) (new)

melody (shimmers) | 6 comments JERICHO BARRONS ------- FEVER SERIES....
ADRIAN IVASHKOV ------- BLOOD LINES
DAEMON ---------------- LUX SEREIS
BONES ---------------- NIGHT HUNTRESS
ADAM HAUMPMAN --------- MERCDES THOMPSON

But if i get to pick one...it will be always jericho

message 42: by Mad about (new)

Mad about (natalie-anundertheduvetreader) | 7 comments All the brothers from JR Wards Black Dagger Brotherhood

message 43: by Kaarinedm (new)

Kaarinedm | 12 comments Barrons..... ALWAYS. I've read so many books, nothing compares to JZB.

message 44: by JP (new)

JP Reads (JPFantasyReads) | 608 comments Mod
Sujitha wrote: "JERICHO BARRONS ------- FEVER SERIES....
ADRIAN IVASHKOV ------- BLOOD LINES
DAEMON ---------------- LUX SEREIS
BONES ---------------- NIGHT HUNTRESS
ADAM HAUMPMAN --------- MERCDES THOMPSON

But ..."

I completely agree. I love Barrons

message 45: by Kat (last edited Jul 19, 2012 06:38PM) (new)

Kat Klein | 150 comments Jessi wrote: "I think out of all the genres I read my absolutely favorite top eleven male characters [in this order too] are:

3. Bones [Night Huntres..."
4. Acheron [Dark-Hunter series]
5. Trent [The Hollows series]
6. Bran [Mercy Thompson series]
7. Barrons [Fever series]
8. Adam [Mercy Thompson series]

Really with you on this part of your list although maybe not quite in the same order. Not the same genre, but I have to add Ranger from Stephanie Plum. He's just... yum. Also Tod from Soul Screamers, and Anyan from Jane True. Then there is Jeremy, and Lucas from Women of Otherworld (Okay, Clay, too... but not as much) and Derek from Darkest Powers. Those are the highlights for me. I could read about them for a month and not get tired of them :)

message 46: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (PixiBell) | 104 comments Kat wrote: "Jessi wrote: "I think out of all the genres I read my absolutely favorite top eleven male characters [in this order too] are:

3. Bones ..."

Thanks although with me being introduced to never before read series my list is growing...Maybe I should change it to my favorite male characters per series.

message 47: by Kat (new)

Kat Klein | 150 comments Jessi wrote: "Thanks although with me being introduced to never before read series my list is growing...Maybe I should change it to my favorite male characters per series.
i>

That'd be easier wouldn't it? I hadn't read much Paranormal or Urban Fantasy prior to finding the Kelley Armstrong books, so now I have a whole new crop of favorite male characters to enjoy. But I still had to throw Ranger in there. Even if he doesn't fit in the genre

message 48: by Adria (new)

Adria | 48 comments Harry Dresden (Dresden Files)
Thomas Raith (Dresden Files)
Atticus O'Sullivan (Iron Druid)
Eric Northman ( Sookie Stackhouse)

message 49: by Marcia (new)

Marcia (marcygold) 1- Barrons, fever series
2- Terrible, downside ghosts
3- Eric Northman (pnr?), Sookie Stackhouse/southern vampire mysteries
4- Ranger, I know it's not UF but Kat started it. Stephanie Plum series
5- Bones, Night Huntress

message 50: by Karen (new)

Karen | 4 comments Curran
Bones
David (Weather Wardens)

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Judgment in Death (other topics)
Innocent in Death (other topics)
Magic Slays (other topics)
Destined for an Early Grave (other topics)
Acheron (other topics)
More...