CafeMom-The Book Club discussion

Any good Mystery books?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy (amylwood) | 1 comments Hi everyone! I am new to the GoodReads site! At the beginning of the year I began reading books by James Patterson and Lisa Gardner and I loved them! I am now looking for some authors that are similar to them. I loved the Alex Cross series! I have really fell in love with mystery books. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Amy

message 2: by Ellenjsmellen (new)

Ellenjsmellen | 7 comments Try author Stuart Woods. He's got a couple of series. I especially like the Stone Barrington series because he's hot!

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (pixiesand) I fell in love with Donna Andrews' Meg Langslow books. They all have birds in the titles. The first one is Murder with Peacocks.

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna I like the Michael Connolley (not sure if that is spelled correctly) books with Harry Bosch.

I used to like the Kellerman books (both Jonathon and Fay), but I find them too dark now.

message 5: by Michele (new)

Michele Try Jeffrey Deaver, he's one of my favorites, especially the Lincoln Rhyme series.

message 6: by Rebekah (last edited Feb 12, 2009 02:17PM) (new)

Rebekah (bekalynn) | 37 comments I love Sue Grafton's Kinsey series. They all are titled by the alphabet,ie. A is for Alibi, B is for Burglar. She is up to T is for Tresspass that came out last year.

message 7: by Harvee (new)

Harvee (harveelau) | 1 comments I like the Cara Black mystery series set in Paris. I have 2 reviews of her books at http://www.bookbirddog.blogspot.com and on my Goodreads page.

message 8: by Chrissy315 (new)

Chrissy315 Jones | 2 comments I'm currently reading the Abby Cooper Psychic Eye series by Victoria Laurie. I'm really enjoying her books. They are a fast read that keeps you guessing and entertained.

message 9: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 21 comments I just foundJoy Fielding. She's really good. I've already read quite a few of her books.

message 10: by Susan (new)

Susan Lots of good authors here already but I will add a new favorite of mine. Try Kate Pepper Five Days in Summer! I just finished it and had no idea who did it until the end of the book!

message 11: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 21 comments Yes, Kate Pepper is very good also. Hers are so suspenseful.
Susan, have you read Seven Minutes to Noon?
I had no idea who did it until the very end! Well, I had my suspicions but didn't REALLY think it could be that person.
I hate Five Days in Summer on my Bookmooch wish list.

message 12: by Susan (last edited Aug 12, 2009 11:09AM) (new)

Susan I havent read Seven Minutes to Noon yet but I have it and it will be read after I finish Without A Sound by Carla Cassidy! Another very good book. I'm half way through and still havent figured out who is doing it-LOL!

message 13: by Suzanne (last edited Aug 13, 2009 08:33AM) (new)

Suzanne | 21 comments I'll have to check out that book. and my TBR pile grows bigger!! OMG!! I just bookmooched this from someone & it should be here within a week. YAY!!

message 14: by Susan (new)

Susan Hahahaha did you mooch it from me? LOL-I'm susandyer1962 on Bookmooch!

message 15: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 21 comments LOL!! I did & thank you for the book! You're my friend on there as well!

message 16: by Susan (new)

Susan Thank you Tracey, I am adding them to my ever growing TBR pile on Bookmooch and here!

message 17: by Melissa (last edited Nov 25, 2009 06:42PM) (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 5 comments Hi Amy, I noticed that this Discussion was started almost a year ago..but I thought I would go ahead and add some of my favorite Cozy mystery authors.
They are Monica Ferris ~ Miranda Bliss, Joanne Fluke and Im reading my first Cleo Coyle book~

Happy Thanksgiving!

message 18: by Susan (new)

Susan I have a couple of new favorite mystery authors! Try Carla Cassidy or Jason Pinter or Carlene Thompson! Happy Thanksgiving!!

message 19: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenniferdenise) I LOVE Evanovich, Gardner, and Patterson. Have you read The Women's Murder Club Series? One of my favourite book series is the Kate Burkholder books. The author is Linda Castillo. The first book in the series is Sworn to Silence (Kate Burkholder, #1) by Linda Castillo It is awesome!

message 20: by Thriller (new)

Thriller (KayRenofan) | 3 comments I recently read "Stand-In" by a new author named Kay Reno. It was VERY good... it is also even more cool because she lives here in Branch county and the story is set here... made me really feel like I was "in" it!!!!