Urban Fantasy series' discussion

Authors > Authors promote your books here

Comments (showing 1-50 of 71) (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mary (last edited Mar 14, 2012 02:54PM) (new)

Mary Abshire (maryabshire) The Awakening by Mary Abshire The Awakening

She's the only one of her kind. And she doesn’t even know her name.

Two investigators--one human, one vampire--find a young woman among a mass of dead bodies. She has no memories, and nothing but her clothes, two receipts, and a mysterious dagger carved with the initials ‘SB’.

As she seeks her identity, SB realizes she's unlike any other creature in the world, making her the most valuable person on the planet. And the most wanted.

Available on Amazon, B&N, All Romance Ebooks, Fictionwise, etc. etc.

This is an urban fantasy book. The sequel to it, The Quest, is scheduled for release in September 2012.

I also have a paranormal romance series, The Soul Catcher.

For more information about my books and read excerpts, please visit my website http://www.maryabshire.com

I also have excerpts/1st Chapters on Goodreads: Mary Abshire

PS: Thanks for have a place for authors to post, and letting us post! I appreciate it!!

message 2: by E.L. (last edited Mar 29, 2012 10:15AM) (new)

E.L. (ELeighanne) | 8 comments Hey Mary! My computer is being stupid currently had won't let me find your book but I've marked it down and will find it lol It sounds great

My book has been called Urban Fantasy, though the difference from Paranormal I'm not sure of. It's my first book and the first in a series of 4 (or 5 haven't decided just yet). It's about a girl fresh out of high school who moves to New England to go to college and finds more than she bargined to. Below is a link to it here on Goodreads and the only place I have it listed just yet is on Smashwords. It's a fairly new release and just trying to get it out there. I have a few free copies I can give out for an honest review. So if you like the description and would like to review it for me email me and I'll get it to you. Thanks :)

Believe Believe (New England Immortals #1) by E. Leighanne Grimm-Weever

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

message 4: by Steve (last edited Apr 30, 2012 11:24PM) (new)

Steve McHugh (stevejmchugh) | 2 comments Crimes Against Magic

It’s been almost ten years since Nathan Garrett woke on a cold warehouse floor with nothing but a gun, a sword, and no idea of who he was or how he got there. His only clue … a piece of paper with his name on it. Since then, he’s discovered he’s a powerful sorcerer and has used his abilities to work as a thief for hire. But he’s never stopped hunting for his true identity, and those who erased his memory have never stopped hunting for him. When the barrier holding his past captive begins to crumble, Nathan swears to protect a young girl who is key to his enemy’s plans. But with his enemies closing in, and everyone he cares about becoming a target for their wrath, Nathan is forced to choose between the life he’s built for himself and the one buried deep inside him.

Crimes Against Magic is an Urban Fantasy set in modern day London with Historical flashbacks to early fifteenth century France. It’s the first in a series of books called the Hellequin Chronicles, which shows the life of sorcerer Nathan (Nate) Garrett.

Amazon.co.uk - http://amzn.to/IgCROh

Amazon.com - http://amzn.to/KpFHkY

Blog - http://stevejmchugh.wordpress.com

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (ShazFly) | 11 comments Hi UF Fans

I am the author of a new Urban Fantasy series called the Hellcat Series. Book 1 is now available in Kindle format on Amazon UK and US. A Cat's Chance in Hell (Hellcat Series, #1) by Sharon HannafordA Cat's Chance in Hell

Currently in the Amazon Top 100 for Contemporary Fantasy. Paperback version due next month.

Keep up with the heroine via her diary at www.hellcatseries.com

US Download at http://www.amazon.com/Cats-Chance-Hel...

UK Download at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cats-Chance-H...

Look forward to connecting with you!

message 6: by John (new)

John Woodward (JRWoodward) | 16 comments Hello, everybody!

My wife and I wrote TERRA LUNA, an Urban Contemporary Fantasy and Paranormal Romance set in Atlanta, with trips to Scotland and Ireland. It has no vampires, but there's a bagpiper.

You can find samples on our website, www.MacTamicksFinestScotchLtd.

Here's our series introduction:

They call themselves the Fiorgaels, meaning the 'First Irish' -- or the 'true Irish,' depending on your point of view. As Bronze Age Man spread throughout Europe, they fled before us, seeking a refuge from our violent ways. At last they came to Ireland, a cold, windswept island beyond the reach of most human seafarers. The humans who had already settled there were gentle folk who worshipped their strange new neighbors. Surely the last outpost of Europe will be safe for us, they said to themselves. They claimed the deep primeval forests, where they explored their Powers for centuries.

They were known as the Sidhe, the Sleiveen, the Sheoques or the Siog. The English called them 'Faeries,' and considered them to be silly peasants' chatter. What did the Fiorgaels care, if the world thought they were a quaint relic of superstition? The more humans forgot about them, the safer they were.

But they were not safe. Humans brought murder and warfare across the Irish Sea, as they did to every corner of the planet. Still, the Winged People endured. They used their Powers to hide. They helped the just and righteous among humans, when they could. Tragedy surrounded them everywhere. As some of them had taken Human mates, there were a few people in Ireland who had a share of their Powers. A Church that arrived in Ireland with a message of Peace and Love ruthlessly exterminated every person who showed any trace of the Powers. Foreign conquerors persecuted and massacred the remaining Irish men and women who followed the old ways. The forests shrank.

Then the Famine came, and the last forests were felled.
The Fiorgaels must leave, as so many had, and find refuge in the New World. Yes, Mankind had taken murder, guns and slavery across the wide ocean, but there were still great forests where Men rarely went, and a proud, independent race still struggled to preserve their own lore and tradition. In such a place, the Fiorgaels could still Conceal themselves.

Perhaps you've walked through the Little Five Points neighborhood of Atlanta, and seen many short people with pointed features. Did you ever bike through Candler Park nearby, and notice the sign of the butterfly on so many houses? Then you've seen some of their children, the Part-Humans. The Fiorgaels themselves are not far away. They're up in the quarry hills north of the city, but don't go looking for them. They don't want to be found.

They watch us, you know. They understand war, pollution, bigotry and greed. They understand these things better than we do, because they know we are Fallen. Sin and evil are our destiny. But they are not Fallen. Still, they have grown slack and forgotten some of the old Powers. They no longer study the prophecies that foretold a great healing between Fiorgaels and Humans. If they did remember, they would be frightened. Any contact with us is terrifying to them -- and they will prevent it if they can.

The pace at which the Humans are destroying the Earth, and each other, is quickening. Our technology enables us to see all hidden things, and our eyes are everywhere. Is there still time for the prophecies to come true? Is there still time to prevent the great destruction to come? Sam Murphy hopes so. But everything depends on the Child of the Earth and Moon, and the Gentle Scots Giant who must love and protect her.

It all begins on Halloween night in Atlanta, 20 stories up a skyscraper.

message 7: by Shauna (new)

Shauna Granger (shaunagranger) | 1 comments Hey everyone! I am the author of The Elemental Series - books one and two, Earth and Air, are already out in the wild and I am preparing to release the third book in the series, Water, next month. In this new book the three heroes are dealing with soul stealing mermaids!

I am working with Kickstarter this time around to help with the cost of production. If you like pre-ordering, or swag, then this would be something cool to check out! Any help, large or small, is very much appreciated!

You can check out the Kickstarter campaign here:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/9...

message 8: by Dannika (last edited May 20, 2012 06:51AM) (new)

Dannika Dark (DannikaDark) My name is Dannika Dark, author of the Mageri series. I write Urban Fantasy Romance, and currently have two books available on Amazon.

Zoë Merrick lived a less than ordinary life, until late one night, she was brutally attacked and left for dead.

A man named Adam spotted her running down the road covered in blood, and took her under his wing. Zoë didn't just survive that night - she underwent a physical transformation and acquired strange new abilities. Severed from her old life, her frustration grows as she tries to comprehend what's happening to her.

Serendipity leads her to Justus. He's handsome, arrogant, and not entirely human. Zoë learns the truth about what she is, and just how dangerous their world is for a young Mage. The only way she will understand her power is by putting her trust in this man, and accepting the protection he offers.

When her immortal freedom is threatened by the one man who has a right to claim her, Zoë learns the price of freedom...and the value of loyalty.

STERLING is currently 99 cents
CLICK HERE FOR STERLING

"TWIST" is the sequel. Readers are embracing this book as their favorite of the series;

Months after moving to the mysterious city of Cognito, Silver is developing her gifts as a Mage, and learning how to live under new laws. Forced to give up her old life, she must now live in secret among the humans. She finally has hope of leading an ordinary life . . . until Logan Cross walks into it.

Their chance meeting leads her close to discovering the identity of the nameless Mage who once stole her light and discovered the unique power she possesses. That knowledge poses an unimaginable threat to Silver, fueling her search to find out who he is, before he finds her first.

Lives are at stake. Truths are revealed. And an unexpected passion ignites.

TWIST is currently available for only $2.99

CLICK HERE FOR TWIST

message 9: by B.C. (new)

B.C. (Sirrom) | 9 comments I am very pleased to share my book with you. The first three chapters are available to read here free at GoodReads.

Solstice Night
Debut Paranormal Romance

Dis exists in silent rage. His human life was taken by a paranoid vampire and the centuries since have been spent in bloody darkness. He is a vampire, but he is a slave. He doesn’t let himself think or want. He survived on instinct until Beo. She liberates his body, but ensnares his heart. She is both more alive and more powerful than any being he has ever known. But will she be commanding ally or another master to enslave him?

Solstice Night by B.C. Sirrom

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Robertson | 4 comments MEMORIAL DAY SALE!! 50% OFF COUPON!!!
Head on over to Smashwords and get your copy of Crimson Groves for half off its regular price of $4.99. Gratitude to all the men and women serving in our military (a special thanks to my cousin Grant Harrison for his service in the Marine Corp).
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...
Promotional price: $2.50
Coupon Code: LH55T
Expires: May 31, 2012 Crimson Groves

message 11: by Jes (new)

Jes Young | 7 comments Hi UF and PNR Fans,

My debut novel, Tab Bennett and the Inbetween is out right now. The second book in the series, Underneath, will be available on 12/1/12. I hope you'll take a look, read and review. Here's what it's all about:

Tab Bennett and the Inbetween by Jes Young

Lately Tab Bennett’s life is like a fairy tale. Unfortunately for her, it’s the Grimm kind. The kind where the woods are deep and dark and full of monsters; where a mother’s longing for something forbidden means terrible consequences for her daughter; where the huntsman who takes the princess for a walk in the woods plans to steal her heart – literally – right out of her chest.

Right up until the visions started, Tab would have described herself as normal. But her sisters’ disappearance brought long-hidden secrets into the light, revealing a world she never dreamed existed and a destiny she cannot deny. Now “normal” means wicked subterranean kings and murdered Elvish princesses and clandestine revenge schemes. Suddenly Tab is juggling her fiancé’s broken heart and a handsome prince’s irresistible advances while trying to unravel an assassination plot, and avoid a sociopath with an axe to grind.

As she struggles to hold on to the human world she’s always known and understand her place in the magical one she’s just discovered, dangerous forces have begun gathering around her. If she wants to live to see the happily ever after at the end of the story, Tab will have to figure out who she can trust, who wants her dead, and why. The answers will change everything she believes about herself, the people she loves, and the place she calls home.

http://www.amazon.com/Bennett-Inbetwe...

message 12: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Wakeling | 15 comments Hey all, just found this forum and great to find a collection of Urban Fantasy enthusiasts :)

My debut novel is Inside-Evil; a British fantasy mystery which takes the residents on a tragic and dangerous journey as their town unravels around them.

description

Ever wondered why the British woods are so wild? Why it's dangerous to be out at night? Why, even on beautiful moonlit nights, it's safer to be nestled up beside a crackling fire? Roberta Arlington and the residents of Ridgewood are about to find out.

Roberta Arlington lives in Ridgewood, a small and sleepy town on the Scottish border, where she is completely content with her life. That is, until she stumbles upon a corpse at the local boarding school and finds that her world starts to unravel into chaos.

As questions begin to emerge as to just how the victim died, Roberta discovers herself caught in a world which she never knew existed. Like a shadow hanging behind Roberta's own life, another world hovers in the background, waiting silently until trying to break through. Roberta soon discovers that she'll have to find all the strength she has to survive the path laid before her.

Inside Evil is a paranormal mystery that will only leave you wanting more.

You can find the book at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007JIH0EU
My website also has more details: http://geoffreywakeling.com/

message 13: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Stelly Sr (goodreadscom_stellbread) | 4 comments My HUMAN TRIAL trilogy (All Things That Matter Press, 2008-2012) captures the fightng spirit of America, and blends romance and action-adventure set against a backdrop of war. Summary below:

Human Trial (Science Fiction, 388 Pp.—Published January 10, 2009)

What happens when all that is left in the world is fear, distrust and desperation?

Aliens launch a thermal attack on earth, altyering the climate to unbearable levels until the earth is left scorched and devoid of nearly all human and animal life. A scattershot group of survivors (who dub themselves “Mulholland’s Mad Dogs”), must work as one to not only endure the altered climate, but maintain order, essentials such as food, shelter, defense and electrical power. and overcome their own fears and prejudices.

After the MMD discovers that they are test subjects in an alien experiment, their only choice is to initiate a confrontation with their would-be conquerors. Under the fierce leadership of Daron Turner and his pregnant co-worker Regina Jackson, this eclectic mix of Americans won't go down without a battle. The group includes Dan, a committed do-as-your-told type; gangbanger Melvin Hicks; Rocks and Ray Earl--escaped prison inmates; a Christian couple; Barbara--a tough-talking widow, and several others.

The final confrontation mandates that the earth residents fight to protect their future: Regina’s unborn child,

Human Trial II: Adam’s War (Science Fiction, 386 Pp.—Published May, 2010)

After facing off with the aliens in the woods of Pleasant Valley, the MMD travel halfway across the continent, hoping to become members of a larger colony of survivors. Along they way, they encounter more battles with marauders and wild animals, and also have to deal with the mental disintegration of one of their members.

The MMD arrives in Big Springs, Nebraska, where they seek to assist in rebuilding society. Soon Daron finds himself at odds with the colony's leader, a megalomaniac named J.D. Cooks. Furthermore the colony has the appearance of a POW camp. When he sees that the area is patrolled by armed guards, Daron suggests to his cohorts that they develop a plan of escape, if needed.

Over the years Daron and Cooks engage in an epic battle of wits. While keeping an eye on Cooks, Adam discovers that the Colony leader is collaborating with aliens to create a species of human-alien hybrids. By this time, Adam is twenty and a student of military history and strategy. He leads a coup that leads to the destruction of Big Springs and a neighboring colony that has been infiltrated by hybrids.

However, the war is just beginning as Daron leads a small group of soldiers in a fight against an alien base in New Mexico, and Adam leads a ragtag army into the mountains of Ascencion, Mexico. There the final battle for mankind's survival takes place

Human Trial III: The Final Conflict (Science fiction, 494 Pp.)

Twenty-three years after the thermal attacks on earth, America is still rebuilding. The country has a new President—Thaddeus Lord, who has developed a plan to connect both ends of the country and make America once again, “a shining beacon of hope to the rest of the world.”

Meanwhile a war-weary Adam Turner is content to enjoy life with his family on the shores of Lake Consuela. It isn’t long before the President summons Adam, whom he wants to train the country’s fledgling armed forces. The person sent to convince Adam to come ion board is Colonel Tawanna Chenier, who almost singlehandedly destroyed the alien enclave in south Texas.

After the President is assassinated, Adam and Tawanna learn that a South American warlord named Barbosa possesses a nuclear weapon and is seeking the means to deliver it, to wage war against America. Barbosa is a dictator over a vast area, as Brazil has annexed several nearby countries. He has built a hybrid population that he uses as slaves and frontline soldiers against any potential attack.

With the country facing a nuclear strike, Adam and Tawanna lead a battalion of 200 raw recruits into the jungles of South America. Along the way they are hindered by a lack of resources, traitorous allies and nightmarish logistics. Also, there is the threat of alien strongholds in the Florida Everglades and Yellowstone National Park to contend with.

Despite the toils of war, the attraction between Adam and Tawanna builds, but their focus is on their duty, as they arrive in South America for what shapes up to be the western hemisphere’s most important battle for survival.

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Harlow (Jennifer_Harlow) | 3 comments Hello! My name is Jennifer Harlow and I'm the author of the F.R.E.A.K.S. Series, the first of which MIND OVER MONSTERS came out last October and the second of which TO CATCH A VAMPIRE comes out Sept 2012. It's avaliable wherver books are sold inclunding in all e-book forms. Also visit my poular blog "Tales From the Darkside" at my website:
http://www.jenniferharlowbooks.com.

Mind Over Monsters
To Catch A Vampire

message 15: by PJ (new)

PJ White | 1 comments Hi All,

I've just published my first book entitled Ashen (Black Dawn, Book One) which is the first book of a three part series. Ashen is a Sci-Fi Adventure/Horror with a supernatural twist and should appeal especially to anyone who liked Event Horizon or Predator.
Currently $0.99 on Amazon, my blurb and links are below, as is a brief excerpt.

Regards
Pete

Links:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Z3QZ5O
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007Z3QZ5O

Blurb:
In 2065 a nuclear strike was initiated that almost resulted in the annihilation of all mankind.

On the 11th of October 2078, leaving behind their irradiated homelands and heading out into the night, the survivors of the Earth start the hugely ambitious and dangerous task of building a permanent colony on Mars.

The year is now 2102 and against the odds the Sanctuary colony and its inhabitants have thrived.

Meanwhile on the distant planet of Ashen 2, a team of scientists have made an unprecedented breakthrough that could herald a new golden era for the survivors of the Earth.
Though when communications are inexplicably lost, an elite special forces unit are sent to investigate and amongst the team is Robert Hewson.

Hewson is an experimental physicist who is responsible for the on-going terraforming of Mars, and, more importantly, bringing his late father’s dream of the planet having a breathable atmosphere to fruition.

Hewson soon finds himself being carried along in a whirlwind when he and the team make a terrifying discovery that could have devastating consequences.

Something has been watching them from beyond the veil and the fight for survival has begun.

Excerpt:
It was just after 4am. The well maintained lawns that lay between the string of outbuildings and the main laboratories shimmered as the first few shards of daylight reflected in the early morning dew.
Moisture though, was not the only substance in evidence on the lawns.
Lois Palmer shivered as she lay on her stomach underneath the porch of one of the residential suites.
Her hair was matted to the side of her face with grease and sweat and her hands trembled as she looked out across the now quiet compound.
Chloe Sanders, one of Lois’s closest friends, had been with her only thirty minutes beforehand.
Taking her turn to go out and search for food and water, Chloe had crawled out from underneath their hiding place and disappeared up the slope, in the direction of the halls of residence.
A few brief moments later Lois had heard Chloe cry out.
Lois had laid there frozen, barely able to breathe.
She had wanted so badly to run out and help Chloe, but her muscles hadn’t obeyed her commands.
Never before had Lois felt so helpless. All she could do was lay there and listen as Chloe fought for her life.
Unable to halt her attacker’s advances, Chloe let out one final scream which was brutally curtailed and faded to nothing more than a muffled whimper. There had been no gun shots, so Lois had been left to imagine the manner of her friend’s passing.
One by one she had seen all of her friends and colleagues killed or succumb to whatever dark forces were at work in this place she had called home for almost two years.
Lois wasn’t a religious person, but this she imagined must surely have compared to Hell.
Only in Hell could one be so utterly desperate and alone, beyond any chance of salvation and in an environment completely impossible to become accustomed to.
All Lois wanted was to be at home with her family.
She could remember how, as a child, her mother had told her to hide under her bed clothes if she was ever afraid of the dark. But as she peered out from underneath the porch, she knew there was no safe haven. Even daylight would not afford her any kind of safety, “They” were everywhere.
A few days ago, Lois and Chloe had been hiding on the edge of the rain forest, when three of their co-workers had burst out of the jungle on the opposite side of the compound.
Bringing up the rear had been Craig Bellamy, a well liked and respected senior member of staff and a few metres ahead two of his second year students, Carol Andrews and Sonia Masters.
Taking care of his subordinates right to the end, Bellamy had verbally and physically pushed his charges ahead of him, in a desperate bid to keep them alive.
Sprinting out across open ground, running for their lives, the three headed straight for the chapel, while behind them, erupting out of the brush, were six of the armed psychopaths.
Strangely none of them opened fire.
Bellamy and the others quickly rounded the far side of chapel, but as they did their hearts sank, as lying in wait were another ten of the dark vessels, all carrying bush knives.
Lois could still hear their screams. So much blood.
After Davies and the senior staff had learned of Jonathan Braymer’s murder, the Pathfinder data had been analysed countless times in an attempt to determine the cause of the psychosis. No firm conclusions had been drawn, leaving only vague theories and speculation to fuel the already soaring bonfires of anxiety. Everyone knew that Bill Sykes and Jonathan Braymer had been the very best of friends for over twenty years, so Davies knew there had to be a connection to the project.
It had taken a few days for them to mutate, but to begin with, those who had “changed” appeared no different to anyone else. Certainly the “things” she had seen walking in the woods earlier that day were no longer human! And if it hadn’t been for a few remnants of torn clothing, Lois would never have known they had been human at all.
Somehow these poor souls had warped into something that should only have existed in the darkest of dark dreamscapes and as Lois had found out to her horror, they were far from the cumbersome, dim-witted creatures they appeared to be. Instead they were intelligent and moved with surprising speed, though more alarmingly, Lois suspected a hidden agenda and a purpose.
Dragging her back into the present, Lois heard a noise off in the distance, roughly in the direction of where Chloe had been killed. Concentrating on the sound, Lois heard the slow and deliberate rhythm of footfalls, though from who or what she couldn’t tell.
Retreating further under the porch, Lois made herself as small as she could.
Out across the blood stained lawn, cloaked partially by mist, a lone figure walked slowly in her direction.
Halfway to her, the sub human creature stopped and looked up at the sky.
As it lifted its head into the early morning sun, Lois could clearly see the torn remains of a set of jungle DPMs. There had been twenty soldiers stationed in the compound and when the slaughter had begun, it was they that had done the most damage.
Only three of the soldiers had been unaffected and with the assistance of Bellamy, they had temporarily rescued twelve others, including Lois and Chloe. For four days they had managed to repel the zealots, but now they were all gone and Lois was engaged in what she knew was almost certainly an endgame.
Continuing to observe the creature, she shuddered as she saw the half metre long bush knife in its right hand. Immediately her mind flooded with bloody images of the massacre outside the chapel.
As if sensing Lois’s fear, the creature paused and then appeared to test the air with its tongue.
Almost at once it turned its head and looked in her direction, breathing in sharply through its nose.
Lois backed away further still, until her spine came into contact with the building’s foundation.
She couldn’t see the beast’s eyes, but it felt like they were now locked only on her.
Advancing much more quickly, the heavily muscled creature closed on her position.
Stopping in front of the Porch, it tasted the air again.
Lois didn’t dare breathe, but her heartbeat was so loud in her ears, she was sure that the sound would give her position away to the creature.
Once the creature had walked up the stairs under which Lois was hiding, she felt a small measure of relief. Perhaps her mind had been playing tricks on her? Perhaps “they” didn’t actually have some form of extra sensory perception?
Above her, the beast slowly shuffled around the room, tasting the air.
Having completed two laps of the room’s perimeter, it came back to the porch threshold and stopped, remaining completely silent.
With unimaginable force, the black souled abomination drove its bush knife through the porch step and pinned Lois to the ground, impaling her through the back.
As her life slipped away, the last vision to flash before Lois’s eyes was that of her family.
With arms outstretched, Lois ran to her Mother and Father and was finally at peace.

message 16: by Robin (new)

Robin | 7 comments What are the restrictions if any to promote your books here?

Thanks

message 17: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Robertson | 4 comments New Mature YA/Paranormal Romance Thriller—UnGuarded
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15...
Guardian angel Selene was close to becoming an archangel—until she fell in love a vampire. Now her dark lover has been kidnapped and the only way to save him is by abandoning her human charge. But her choice to save him doesn’t come without a price. Selene must push her dwindling angel abilities to where she risks becoming fallen, praying she can save the ones she loves before her fate is sealed.

message 18: by Mattie (new)

Mattie (MattieDunman) | 13 comments Please check out my new YA/Paranormal Suspense, AT FIRST Touch!

Available on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/At-First-Touch-...

Liz Hannigan has been on the run since she was twelve years old.
Her mother is dead. Her father has lost his job. And thanks to an experimental procedure, Liz is now able to ‘download’ the contents of every brain around her with a simple touch. Forced to hide from both the federal government and a darkling group of morally deficient scientists known as the Coalition determined to exploit her abilities, she moves with her father to the bucolic coal town of Pound, West Virginia.
But the hunt for Liz and her abilities hasn’t ended, and her hopes for peace are shattered when she inadvertently downloads the enigmatic Carey Drake, whose unusual good looks and charm conceal a secret as shocking as her own. Stunned by the knowledge that she has found someone else who has extraordinary abilities, Liz finds herself drawn to Carey, discovering a deep attraction, and dares to hope for the first time she might find love.
But when an agent of the Coalition begins stalking her, Liz must find a way to work with the government agency she most mistrusts as she strives to build a longed-for normal life and take down the agent who has tracked her down. Caught up in a struggle to save herself and those she loves, the girl who sees all is blind to true danger until it is too late.

At First Touch by Mattie Dunman

message 19: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 13, 2012 05:30AM) (new)

Hi,

I'm a YA urban fantasy writer who has belonged to the group for a while but browses lots and comments little! The worst kind of GR lurker I know.

Here is my page Amanda Day and here is my book The Dark Side of Night if you'd like to check me out.

The book is running FREE this weekend on Amazon if you wanted to pop over and grab a copy.

message 20: by Don (new)

Don Kilcoyne (DKilcoyne) | 2 comments Hi, everybody. My name is Don Kilcoyne and my Overnight series of paranormal crime/urban fantasy novels is available. Readers tell me they love the humor, the characters and the fresh take on classic "monsters." I hope you dig 'em, too.

The world of The Overnight is just like ours except here, werewolves shop at Quick-E-Mart. Vampires serve on the PTA. ‘Nocturnals’ and humans get along because we’ve learned the hard way that not getting along gets a lot of us killed, or worse. The series follows the challenges faced by small-town detectives Angus Wellstone and Darius Knobs, the two cops who accidentally ripped away the veil of secrecy that had kept the supernatural hidden from most of us for so many years.

The Law is my Shepherd
The Law is my Shepherd

There's one vampire too many in Hawthorne.

Cheeky, recently ascended to the elevated ranks of the immortal undead, sat slumped in his chair, a gob of pink spit swinging from his chin as he breathed. Even without the cuffs, he was too depressed to move. He was scarecrow thin, with a two-week scruff on his cheeks, and rheumy eyes obscured by the greasy, thinning red hair dangling over his forehead. In other words, he looked perfectly normal. If not for the stink of shit and vomit and the speckles of blood around his lips and nose, you'd never know Anton Chekowicz had been having a really bad night.

"So, Cheeky, you realize you're in violation of the Twilight Statutes, right? An unregistered nocturnal. Who killed you, Cheeky?"

With the world at peace after a global supernatural war, a flinty small-town detective battles a demon who just won't let it go.

Blood for the Marked Man
Blood for the Marked Man

A violated vampire. A disappearing camera. And a killing machine at the Renaissance Faire. As cops drop and nightwalkers quake, Angus Wellstone and the officers on the Overnight race to solve the riddle of the marked man - before it becomes too personal to endure.

Best Job in the World

Mermaids. Chupacabra. Mongolian death worms.
Bikini-clad cat-women in heat.
Giant immortal cannibal pirates.
They’re all just another day at the office for Baobab Johnnie “Babe” Blue, the world’s most famous cryptozoologist. But now he’s encountered a new breed of monster—more terrifying, more powerful and more ruthless than any he’s tamed before. Can TV’s Babe Blue survive the rise of the Pharmaceutical Executives?

message 21: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 03, 2012 06:49PM) (new)

hi i would love to read this book but i don't have any money 2 buy it so i'm wonderin if you could but it up on Epud Bud if possible

message 22: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (StephieJa) | 17 comments Blood Thirst, the 2nd in The Blood Thirst Series by Tate Jackson will be free as a Kindle download on Aug. 16th and 17th. The first book in the series, The Undead Heart by Tate Jackson is available on Kindle for $2.99. Enjoy!

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Thirst-Th...

message 23: by Don (new)

Don Kilcoyne (DKilcoyne) | 2 comments May wrote: "hi i would love to read this book but i don't have any money 2 buy it so i'm wonderin if you could but it up on Epud Bud if possible"

Hi, May. It's not appropriate for Epub Bud sice it's not really a kid's book, but friend me here and message me with a place I can send the epub file to you. Don

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Quail | 2 comments Strange Roads: Book I of Omens in the Night

Looking for modern urban fantasy where the heroes have bigger problems than "Hm, do I date the vampire or the werewolf?" Elaine Gates and Alan Graves couldn't be more different, or so they thought until the vampires attacked them. The bearers of a magic legacy, they must learn who to trust, how to control their powers, and what those who are hunting them want, if they're to live long enough to discover their destiny. Together with their strange new allies, they're on a hunt across Washington D.C. for a mysterious object they must find before time runs out....

message 25: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (StephieJa) | 17 comments When Angels Fall by Stephanie Jackson
When Angels Fall by Stephanie Jackson $2.99 KIndle Edtion http://www.amazon.com/When-Angels-Fal... Danielle Coulter had never believed in anything except her mother, hard work and heartache. She never had time for religious fairytales. But when her mother died, Dani was forced to believe…or die.
Not only was she forced to accept that God and Lucifer are real, but also that she is the last living descent of God on Earth. An undeniable fact when the Archangel Gabriel fell to Earth to protect her.
Archangel Gabriel; banished from Heaven over four million years ago for refusing to kill his brother, Lucifer, was about to get a second chance to re-enter Heaven. He was sent to Earth on a mission from his Father to protect the last Daughter of God; the last woman to carry the Blood of God on Earth, and kill his brother, once and for all.
Gabriel had never expected to feel anything for Dani, but he soon found himself willing to fight Heaven and Hell to keep her safe, even if it meant his own destruction

message 26: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (StephieJa) | 17 comments The Undead Heart by Tate Jackson (#1 in The Blood Thirst Series) $2.99 Kindle Edtion. Also available on Nook. http://www.amazon.com/Undead-Heart-Th...
Just when she was about to escape the drama that she had always lived in, Richard, a vampyre, walked into her life and shattered her reality with one request; travel back in time to 1888 to stop a psychopathic vampyre bent on revenge and save the family she never knew she had.
She would be joined on her journey by a band of vampyre hunters. Hunters who, centuries ago, had vowed to slay all vampyres. A vow they set aside to protect the family that they had come to love, knowing that the outcome of that decision would be an eventual battle. A battle of decapitation and blood; a battle they may not survive.
She was leaving a life she would kill to get away from for a family she would gladly die to protect, but could she do it? Could she make it back alive? Did she possess the strength and courage it would take to change the past and save their future?

message 27: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (StephieJa) | 17 comments Blood Thirst by Tate Jackson (#2 book in The Blood Thirst Series) $2.99 Kindle Edition. http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Thirst-Th...
The continuing story of Beck Jaxon and her family: The Young/Jaxon family won the battle, but Elderson escaped, again. Now, Beck and her family have to deal with the losses they suffered during the battle with Elderson’s clan.
They bury their dead and morn the loss of their family members. But there would be no rest for them. Elderson may have escaped this time, but he will be back. He wants Beck dead and will stop at nothing to make that happen.
Will Elderson succeed, or will Beck and her family finally rid the world of Royal Elderson and the evil he has unleashed for centuries?

message 28: by Juli (last edited Aug 29, 2012 07:28AM) (new)

Juli (Juli_D_Revezzo) Hi everyone. I've just released my debut UF/Paranormal fantasy novel, The Artist's Inheritance:

Settling into their new home in Gulf Breeze, Florida, Caitlin finds strange changes coming over her husband Trevor. He seems obsessed with a beautiful chair he’s carving.

When the nightmares deepen and ghosts begin lurking—she knows something’s not right, and not just her newfound precognitive abilities. It’s the damned chair, she’s sure. Could it be just what it seems: a mundane piece of furniture? If so, why is it attracting dark forces—the forces she suspects drove Trevor’s siblings to insanity and suicide?

Before the same happens to Trevor, Caitlin must convince him to sell his art. But armed with only a handful of allies, and little experience of the supernatural, she must proceed with caution against the hellish forces besieging her family.

If she succeeds, she will break the ancestral curse. If she fails, she may lose forever the one thing she cares about most: her beloved Trevor.

If you'd like to check it out, it's available at Amazon and Smashwords currently. Thanks for looking. I hope you enjoy it. :)

message 29: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (StephieJa) | 17 comments The Undead Heart (#1) by Tate Jackson

Rebecca Stockdale had enough issues in her life; parents that hated her for the strange abilities that she had been born with, she was about to move away from her sister and only friend, Bev, and she had had a really bad date that would change her forever.
Just when she was about to escape the drama that she had always lived in, Richard, a vampyre, walked into her life and shattered her reality with one request; travel back in time to 1888 to stop a psychopathic vampyre bent on revenge and save the family she never knew she had.
She would be joined on her journey by a band of vampyre hunters. Hunters who, centuries ago, had vowed to slay all vampyres. A vow they set aside to protect the family that they had come to love, knowing that the outcome of that decision would be an eventual battle. A battle of decapitation and blood; a battle they may not survive.
She was leaving a life she would kill to get away from for a family she would gladly die to protect, but could she do it? Could she make it back alive? Did she possess the strength and courage it would take to change the past and save their future?
She was about to find out.

The Undead Heart is the 1st of the 3 book Blood Thirst Series.
http://www.amazon.com/Undead-Heart-Th...

Blood Thirst (#2) Blood Thirst by Tate Jackson
The continuing story of Beck Jaxon and her family: The Young/Jaxon family won the battle, but Elderson escaped, again. Now, Beck and her family have to deal with the losses they suffered during the battle with Elderson’s clan.
They bury their dead and morn the loss of their family members. But there would be no rest for them. Elderson may have escaped this time, but he will be back. He wants Beck dead and will stop at nothing to make that happen.
Will Elderson succeed, or will Beck and her family finally rid the world of Royal Elderson and the evil he has unleashed for centuries?
Blood Thirst is the 2nd book in the 3 book Blood Thirst Series

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Thirst-Th...

There are reviews for The Undead Heart on goodreads at:http://www.goodreads.com/book/show...

The info and reviews at the link on goodreads for The Undead Heart is correct but the over is wrong!

message 30: by Stephanie (last edited Sep 26, 2012 04:57PM) (new)

Stephanie (StephieJa) | 17 comments When Angels Fall by Stephanie Jackson

When Angels Fall by Goodreads Author Stephanie Jackson $0.99 for a limited time:

Danielle Coulter had never believed in anything except her mother, hard work and heartache. She never had time for religious fairytales. But when her mother died, Dani was forced to believe…or die.
Not only was she forced to accept that God and Lucifer are real, but also that she is the last living descent of God on Earth. An undeniable fact when the Archangel Gabriel fell to Earth to protect her.
Archangel Gabriel; banished from Heaven over four million years ago for refusing to kill his brother, Lucifer, was about to get a second chance to re-enter Heaven. He was sent to Earth on a mission from his Father to protect the last Daughter of God; the last woman to carry the Blood of God on Earth, and kill his brother, once and for all.
Gabriel had never expected to feel anything for Dani, but he soon found himself willing to fight Heaven and Hell to keep her safe, even if it meant his own destruction.
http://www.amazon.com/When-Angels-Fal...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/When-Angels-F...

Youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TB4gd...

message 31: by R. (new)

R. Tezak | 1 comments A Taste of Fire by R. Tezak
Blurb: What if you were scarred and you didn't know why? What if your blood was the aphrodisiac of the underworld? What if your life line is not years but centuries and you couldn't remember any of it? You might not recall that you’re seriously involved with a sexy and dangerous vampire (although really he's hard to forget). You might not know why his ex-girlfriend wants you dead, or why an attractive yet psychotic detective is out for your blood...But that's the pitfall of amnesia, I can't remember four years into my past let along four centuries. But there are a few things I do know: my name is Zara, my blood is fire, and everyone's dying for a taste.

message 32: by Paul (last edited Nov 01, 2012 12:16PM) (new)

Paul Griffiths | 4 comments Paul Leslie Griffiths

Stream Liner Series

6 books in the series, gritty, fast paced, supernatural, horror, urban, paranormal love take your pick they come with all, Stream Liner of the Lost Souls the first in the series is on special at moment 0.77 pence.
I urge you to take a look at my website www.streamlinerseries.co.uk there you will get a feel for exactly what you will be delving into if you start reading the series. Regards Paul Leslie Griffiths Stream Liner of the Lost Souls by Paul Leslie Griffiths Stream Liner Meets the Devils Spawn by Paul Leslie Griffiths legacy of the stream liner by Paul Leslie Griffiths

message 33: by Mattie (new)

Mattie (MattieDunman) | 13 comments At First Touch by Mattie Dunman

Check out my YA/Paranormal Suspense, AT FIRST TOUCH.

Liz Hannigan has been on the run since she was twelve years old.

Her mother is dead. Her father has lost his job.

And thanks to an experimental procedure, Liz is now able to ‘download’ the contents of every brain around her with a simple touch.

Forced to hide from both the federal government and a darkling group of morally deficient scientists known as the Coalition determined to exploit her abilities, she moves with her father to the bucolic coal town of Pound, West Virginia.

But the hunt for Liz and her abilities hasn’t ended, and her hopes for peace are shattered when she inadvertently downloads the enigmatic Carey Drake, whose unusual good looks and charm conceal a secret as shocking as her own. Stunned by the knowledge that she has found someone else who has extraordinary abilities, Liz finds herself drawn to Carey, discovering a deep attraction, and dares to hope for the first time she might find love.

When an agent of the Coalition begins stalking her, Liz must find a way to work with the government agency she most mistrusts as she strives to build a longed-for normal life and take down the agent who has tracked her down. Caught up in a struggle to save herself and those she loves, the girl who sees all is blind to true danger until it is too late.

message 34: by Julie (new)

Julie Williams | 7 comments DEAR COMMUNITY:

PLEASE READ AND GIVE YOUR REVIEWS.

YOUR VALUED OPINIONS WILL HELP IMPROVE MY FUTURE STORIES.

A HALLOWEEN EBOOK TREAT OR TREAT:

“The University of Perdition, An EBook Horror Series, Volume One” allows you to examine for yourself three case study files that explore how courageous and curious students learn there is nothing in life that is impossible or unbelievable.

The horror series can be found in the Amazon Kindle Store.

http://www.amazon.com/University-Perd...

*NOTE******************************************

THIS EBOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR FREE ON OCTOBER 31, 2012

message 35: by June (new)

June Westerfield Voodoo Moon (Paranorm World #1) by June Stevens

Voodoo Moon (Paranorm World #1)
Zombies aren’t supposed to exist, yet they are turning up all over Nash City. As a member of the Elite Black Blade Guard, Fiona Moon is tasked with hunting down the most dangerous Paranorm criminals. Now she must find out who is kidnapping mages and sucking the life energy from their bodies. To make matters worse, she has to work with the one man that embodies everything she despises.

Ian Barroes is the rich founder and head of the Necromancers Guild and a professor of Necromantic Studies at the Academy of Science and Magic. There is one thing he wants more than anything else in the world… Fiona.

They each hold secrets that could destroy them but could also be the key to destroying the evil Voodoo priest, Bokur. They must learn to trust each other track down Bokur before more innocents are taken, and murdered. To make matters worse, when Fiona becomes a target of the evil madman she is lured into his trap. Now she and Ian have to fight for survival and their very souls.

Voodoo Moon (Paranorm World #1) Releases June 24, 2013.

I am currently taking requests for Advanced Review Copies. To sign up, please fill out the form on my website: http://junestevens.com/taking-request...

message 36: by Shah (new)

Shah Wharton (shahw1) | 3 comments Finding Esta #1 The Supes Series by Shah Wharton

Hello all,

Firstly, happy new year. May 2013 bring your good fortune and a few giggles.

Finding Esta is now available on amazon.com and amazon.co.uk. I have only one review so far, though I await others. Several friends (including my dear hubs) tried to leave their opinions, but they were removed for some reason, by Amazon - grr! Anyway, along with every other author out there, I need genuine reviews (instead of the bias ramblings of my loved ones) from quality reviewers. So UF lovers - I hope that you might find my book interesting and be generous enough to review it on Goodreads as well as the Amazon page of your choice.

I have had the pleasure of reviewing many books here - something I am happy to do in support of authors who need them. It's the single most useful marketing tool we have, after all.

Finding Esta is the first book of The Supes Series.

"Finding Esta is a superb tale of one woman’s struggling to define her identity, while the world she knew crumbles around her. It's thought provoking, heartfelt, and a wonderful debut novel for a talented author. Kudos to her!" Julianne Snow (author/editor of Days with the Undead)

“Shades of the Sixth Sense, Ann Rice’s Vampire Chronicles, True Blood, Star Trek’s Vulcan, Stargate Atlantis’ Wraith and Ugly Duckling [....] The true source of her [Luna's] empathy is mind blowing.” Wandalyn Thomas (writer at Examiner.com)

IN BRIEF: A young journalist sets off to find Esta, but is unprepared for all she finds, and soon realises it’s a journey from which she may never return.

BLURB: An unusual young woman and fledgling journalist, Luna has various restrictive oddities, all of which prevent any kind of physical intimacy. Abusive parents take pleasure in Luna’s misery and isolation, yet Luna strives to make them proud, to finally earn their elusive love – something she craves almost as much as the painless touch of a lover.

When she learns of a tragic story involving the kidnap of baby Esta, she jumps at the chance to investigate, dragging her Shadows along for the ride.

Meanwhile, a dark stranger lurks, visiting Luna’s dreams and stalking her reality. In lieu of the real thing, their intimate moments excite rather than terrify. Nestled within his presence, she begins to sense an urgent message of danger – a message she struggles to interpret, until they finally meet….

Her investigations lead Luna to a vibrant seaside town, hiding copycat aliens and an underworld of Supernaturals. Here, she comes face-to-face with her own, terrifying identity. Confronted with life-changing decisions and the harshest of truths, Luna questions her sanity, searching for logic, feeling deceived by both.

Is Luna trapped in a newfound supernatural world, or within her own delusions? And will anyone care enough to save her?

LINKS

AMAZON: http://www.amazon.com/Finding-Esta-Su...

BOOK PAGE: http://shahwharton.com/the-supes-seri...

I understand if you do not do reviews, if your are too busy to one now, if you simply don't like the sound of the book. Forgive my request and move on with your day, with my blessing.

For those of you who would like a free review copy/file of your choice, please email me at shahwharton@gmail.com and I'll get that to you pronto.

Thanks for your time and consideration. XX

message 37: by Tonya (new)

Tonya (tmycann) | 4 comments Hi,
I appreciate the opportunity to introduce my work to an audience likely to enjoy it. I'm getting ready to release the second in my Red Slaves series in the next couple of weeks, and thought you might like the opportunity afforded by Read An eBook week to get a free copy.

Book 1: Dust to Blood: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

**It's a simple formula: Magical power equals political power…**

Sparks are flying between researcher Anne Crosby and no less than nine men--but it's not what you think. Whenever these nine amnesiacs touch anyone, electrical mayhem results. More surprising: all of them have dust instead of blood in their veins, even though they're quite alive. It's Anne's job to track down who and what these men are, even though she takes a dim view of the supernatural.

Her research takes Anne to Russia and the discovery of the devastating magical source behind the former Soviet Union's power--a source the resurrected KGB wants back. Anne must stop them, and they'll do anything to stop her.

Book 2: Blood to Fire: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17... (Coming 3/10/2013)

**It’s a simple trade: Magical power for your humanity…**

Researcher Anne Crosby came to Russia to solve the mystery of amnesiac Ivan Krempenski. Instead, she became part of the mystery. Never a believer in the paranormal, Anne discovers Ivan’s true dragon form–and her own.

The old Soviet Union once held Russian dragons captive, siphoning off their magic to cement their power. The resurgent KGB believes enslaving them again will return the Communists to their former might.

New mates Anne and Ivan must learn to control their bewildering new abilities, stay one step ahead of the KGB, and restore their kind before dragons slip into myth…or slavery.

Thank you for your consideration. :)

message 38: by C.E. (last edited Sep 07, 2013 07:38AM) (new)

C.E. Martin (CEMartin2) | 23 comments Not sure if mine counts as Urban Fantasy or not...

EDIT: 5 books out so far, working on one more for Halloween

The series follows a military unit tasked with combatting the supernatural, using psychics, men turned to living stone and a vampire (added in Book 3).

The first three novels deal with prehistoric shapeshifters that steal the identity and memories of victims by eating their hearts. Book 4, I'm an army of ghosts attack the living, and in #5, a prehistoric satellite is brought to Earth by a coven of witches out to unleash its secrets.

if you want to try the first one for free, go to Smashwords, http://tinyurl.com/Det1039, and use coupon MV57J

Mythical (Stone Soldiers #1) by C.E. Martin

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi all! I'm a new author and have just released my first novel, Dreamer. I'm addicted to Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance, and I couldn't imagine writing anything outside of these closely related genres. It's only 99 cents on Amazon, BN, and Smashwords right now! Happy Reading! :)

~Explore a world of romance, heartfelt struggles, and the existence of alternate realities~

Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy

The Kali Lockton Trilogy, Book 1

Twenty-four year old Kali Lockton has always had visions, and never once has she questioned their viability -until now. This one is beyond human comprehension. Her deeply settled instincts battle the irrationality of it all. When a gorgeous man, Jared Miles, enters her life, she is certain that he could give her answers; she's certain that he knows exactly what those creatures in her vision are. If only she had the nerve to confront him.
When her own demise becomes the central focus of her dreams, she discovers things are far more abstruse than anything she could have ever prepared for. What scares her most, however, is releasing her suppressed feelings for a man she feels certain would never return her affections, a man who's not even human.

http://www.amazon.com/Dreamer-Kali-Lo...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dream...

message 40: by Travis (last edited Mar 31, 2013 09:24AM) (new)

Travis Luedke (TWLuedke) | 7 comments Hello everyone, I am new to the group. I am one of the few male authors and readers of the Urban Fantasy genre. And I write Urban Fantasy thriller with a splash of erotica (sometimes more than a splash).

I am the author of the Nightlife Series:

The Nightlife Series revolves around all the seedy corruption found in metropolitan areas blended with two vampires attempting to slip between the cracks of society. You have every kind of excess: sex, drugs, alcoholism, prostitution, pimps, corrupt police, gangs, cartels and mafia.

Imagine living in these elements night after night, trying to escape the corruption and the debauchery unscathed. It’s a tale of two vampires against the world, and they have no one to rely on but each other when things get out of hand, as they so often do in the nightlife.

Elevator pitch: The Nightlife is sexy, violent, and occasionally violently sexy.

First novel--The Nightlife New York, is FREE everywhere (ebook)
The Nightlife New York by Travis Luedke

Second novel--The Nightlife Las Vegas, is $3.99, available everywhere (ebook)
The Nightlife Las Vegas by Travis Luedke

Third novel--Blood Slave, is actually a stand alone novel with a different cast of characters, but it is every inch a Nightlife Series novel. Same premise, same style of book, same theme. Its $3.99, available everywhere (ebook)
Blood Slave by Travis Luedke

message 41: by Juli (last edited Apr 11, 2013 06:12PM) (new)

Juli (Juli_D_Revezzo) Hi everyone. I have a new-ish story out in my UF/dark fantasy, Antique Magic, series. Caitlin's Book of Shadows. Caitlin's Book of Shadows (Antique Magic, #1.5) by Juli D. Revezzo Its follow up will be out sometime before the end of May, I hope, edits and such not withstanding. So if you're curious and want to give the series a try, now's the time. The synopsis for Caitlin's Book of Shadows:

Though their fame became legend, a rumor cropped up about the Fulmer family: Something terrifying stalked Caitlin and her beloved Trevor. Something the bits and pieces she left claimed she had to make sense of. When the curator of their collection finds Caitlin's long forgotten diary, she wonders will it tell the whole tale? Will it tell why Caitlin seemed so determined to tell the difference between reality and nightmare even as she continued the fight to defend her family from evil? Will it explain why she thought her world twisted? If she really became a witch?

Perhaps the answer lies between the lines of her story, one of lessons, struggles, and the hopes she carried like a warrior's shield.

**This is a side (or supplemental, if you will) story in the Antique Magic series, a companion to The Artist's Inheritance (Antique Magic, Book One)

It's $.99 at Amazon and Barnes and Noble and can be read alone. I hope you will enjoy it!

message 42: by Suzie (new)

Suzie Ivy (SuzieIvy) | 2 comments My new book Fang Chronicles: Zenya's Story is now available under my a.k.a. D'Elen McClain

Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/d9c24ta
B&N: http://tinyurl.com/czf8zrd

message 43: by Gregory (new)

Gregory Golinski | 2 comments Meet Jessica, a medical student living in a town lost in the desert of Arizona. Like most girls her age, she loves to have fun with her friends and flirt with guys. But she must also protect her community from deadly vampires...

A bloodsucker has managed to infiltrate the town, and everybody is paranoid now... Discover an exciting vampire novel packed with action, passion and unexpected twists!

Link on amazon

message 44: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Locke (ajlocke) | 3 comments Affairs of the Dead by A.J. Locke

Help ghosts, stop a thief, and try not to die…

Necromancer Selene Vanream helps ghosts settle their affairs so they can move on. But when breaking the rules gets her in trouble, she’s bumped down to tracking ghosts trying to avoid the afterlife. Ghosts like Ethan Lance, who claims he was kicked out of his body when someone else jumped in. Which might be plausible—if such a thing were possible. And if Micah, Selene’s partner, didn’t pull her into an investigation of brutal murders that lead directly back to Ethan.

But when the whole mess puts Selene’s life in danger, she suddenly has very personal reasons to get Ethan’s body back. Between her uncomfortable relationship with Micah, and problems with her boss, Selene learns just how much trouble it can be when you don’t follow the rules…

Amazon

Also available at Barnes and Noble and All Romance E-books

message 45: by Bob (new)

Bob | 21 comments Steve wrote: "Crimes Against Magic

It’s been almost ten years since Nathan Garrett woke on a cold warehouse floor with nothing but a gun, a sword, and no idea of who he was or how he got there. His only clue … ..."

Loved Crimes Against Magic and Born of Hatred, can't wait for volume 3 in the series!

message 46: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (StephieJa) | 17 comments The Reaper Within
The Reaper Within by Stephanie Jackson

Melissa Chaser leads what most people would think was an interesting life. Mel's job was to find wayward spirits and cross them over to the other side; she was a real life Reaper. It was a hard and dangerous job, especially when the spirits were wreaking havoc on people or property, but it was never anything that she couldn't handle.
And then she got the fateful call from Mrs. Mabry. There was a problem with a house she'd just purchased, and she needed Mel's help. It was just standard ghost stuff; things moving around, and a few disembodied voices, but nothing Mel hadn't seen a thousand times before.
Little did she know who, or what, she would find when she stepped into the old Memphis mansion. Nothing about the ghosts in the home made any sense to her, and time was running out. Could Mel finish the job and get off the property before something in the house reaped her?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Reaper-With...

Also available at B&N, Smashwords, iStore, etc.

message 47: by John (new)

John Woodward (JRWoodward) | 16 comments My wife and I just republished our book, TERRA LUNA. Version2 has some errors cleaned up, a bit more foreshadowing of the sequels and a new, more professional cover. For those who missed it the first time, TERRA LUNA is an Urban Contemporary Fantasy and Paranormal Romance set in present-day Atlanta and the north Georgia hills, with side trips to Savannah, Cincinnati, Ireland and Scotland. It has Faeries, rugby, bagpipes, animals, a Treehouse, the Internet, traveling musicians, a shoemaker and scones. Many, many scones. Try us on Amazon Kindle:
TERRA LUNA

(My Goodreads blog is "Exiled From Royal Street." My other blog is www.MacTamicksFinestScotchLtd.com

message 48: by Brian (new)

Brian Hey,
My novel "Talent Storm" - a romantic fantasy novel is be free on amazon from Aug 8th -11th Check it out :)
http://www.amazon.com/Talent-Storm-eb...
Talent Storm

message 49: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Nassise | 2 comments The Jeremiah Hunt Chronicles

My name is Joseph Nassise and I have an urban fantasy series currently out from Tor Books called the Jeremiah Hunt Chronicle. Book one (EYES TO SEE) and book two (KING OF THE DEAD) are now out, with book three (WATCHER OF THE DARK) coming in November.

Eyes to See (Jeremiah Hunt, #1) by Joseph Nassise King of the Dead (Jeremiah Hunt, #2) by Joseph Nassise Watcher of the Dark by Joseph Nassise

I'd be happy to give an ebook copy of book one - EYES TO SEE - to anyone on this list who emails/messages me. Here's a summary...

Would you sacrifice your sight to see the unknown? What if it meant saving the life of your only child?

In EYES TO SEE Joseph Nassise, internationally bestselling author of the Templar Chronicles and Bram Stoker Award-nominated author of Riverwatch, takes readers on a nightmarish trip through the streets of Boston as a man desperate to find his daughter turns to the paranormal for help--for the dead are everywhere...

Jeremiah Hunt's life has fallen apart in the months since his daughter's disappearance. Once a happily married and respected Harvard classics professor, Hunt's obsessive search for his daughter Elizabeth has cost him his job, wife and reputation. In a last desperate attempt to discover Elizabeth's fate, Hunt performs an arcane ritual that robs him of his eyesight in order to see "that which is unseen". Now, he can see what others cannot: ghosts and other pernicious creatures of the night. Using his new gift, Hunt embarks on a strange new career and begins to earn a meager living by chasing away the wayward spirits that torment the living.

With the help of his ghostly companions, Whisper and Scream, he searches for clues to Elizabeth's fate... until he falls into a trap laid for him by a particularly cunning foe and winds up accused of committing a series of brutal murders. What begins as a quest to save his daughter turns into a desperate search for truth. But his search will lead him to an all-consuming battle against an ageless, malevolent force that would use a father's love for his daughter to set itself free. If Hunt can't stop it, his adversary's terrible revenge will destroy him, Elizabeth, and countless other innocents.

A rich tale full of terrifying moments, engaging fantasy and deep emotion EYES TO SEE is ground-breaking urban fantasy that charts daring new territory in the field.

“Brings urban fantasy to a new level. Heartbreaking, deeply insightful, powerful, and genuinely thrilling. Joe Nassise has just raised the bar for the whole genre.”
—Jonathan Maberry, New York Times bestseller of The Dragon Factory

“A great read and unlike almost anything else I’ve read in urban fantasy: It’s hard-boiled and dark, definitely its own beast. Damn, this man can write! I’ll be standing in line for book two.”
—Kat Richardson, bestselling author of the Greywalker series

"Gritty, grim, yet surprisingly personal and poetic, Eyes to See is like nothing else in its field. Make time for this one." —Seanan McGuire, New York Times bestselling author of October Days

message 50: by Rikenya (new)

Rikenya Hunter (RikenyaHunter) | 1 comments Hi, I'm here to promote my book. It's a self published African American urban Novella fiction. Some profanity and some sexual scenes but not overboard. It's $1.99 and it would mean alot if you guys could please check it out. I've posted the link :)

"Seventeen year old Tiphanie feels like the weight of the world is on her shoulders. After dealing with her father getting gun downed and killed when a robbery goes bad at an ATM, she loses her twin sister to leukemia. Her mother Connie becomes depressed and starts using drugs and alcohol to cope. Tiphanie has no happiness in her life until she meets Jerome, the handsome guy around high school. They instantly become a couple but can the two of them deal with life’s curve balls that are constantly being thrown at them? Does love conquer all? Can Jerome and Tiphanie’s relationship withstand the storm headed their way?"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F01W...

« previous 1