The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > New from Oxford...not England

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (welloflostplots) Hi! Jenn here from Oxford MS. I've checked out some of the threads and it looks like you guys have a great group here!! A little about me. I'm 31, married and I have three step-kids, two of which live with us. I'm an academic advisor at a local University; and, I'm working on my Ph.D. in Higher Education administration. In between all of that, I usually manage to squeeze in about 30-50 books in a year.

I can't wait to start interacting with everyone. :o)

Are you currently saving money like its going out of style or expecting to kiss all your spare cash goodbye?

Saving, definitely! Though, I'll always splurge on a book or two for myself, my husband or my step-kids.

Are you strong of will, or weak of heart?

I believe I'm very strong of will. I have to be to keep up with my life!

Are your bookshelves quite bare and dusty, or currently a little tight of space?

I love books! My floor to ceiling bookcases (I have five) are chock full with very little space to spare. I'm slightly OCD as well, as they are alphabetical by author.

message 2: by Petra X (new)

Petra X (petra-x) Hi there Jenn this is a great group to join. Very friendly. I only know Oxford, England. Where is MS?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group Jenn!

message 4: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10123 comments Mod
Hi Jen, glad to see you are saving money and are strong willed, you will need to be strong in order to not spend all the stashed cash on the new books you are going to be reading about in here!!!

Welcome to the group!

message 5: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Jen...Welcome!!!

message 6: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments Welcome Jen! You've surely come to the right place to see your to-read list grow!

message 7: by Darla (new)

Darla (silvenfox) | 573 comments Welcome Jen!

message 8: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Jenn, and welcome!!

message 9: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 163 comments Not, Jenn, but Mississippi is in the deep South of the US.

Jenn,

Isn't Oxford where one might find the William Faulkner home?

message 10: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Welcome to the group.

message 11: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (welloflostplots) Petra X wrote: "Hi there Jenn this is a great group to join. Very friendly. I only know Oxford, England. Where is MS? "

Oxford, Mississippi, USA Southeastern part of the United States.

message 12: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (welloflostplots) Brenda wrote: "Not, Jenn, but Mississippi is in the deep South of the US.

Jenn,

Isn't Oxford where one might find the William Faulkner home?"

Yes, it is!! :o)

message 13: by Jen B (new)

Jen B (jennybee618) Hi from another Jen! :)

I love Oxford, MS. I'm originally from another Southern college town - Chapel Hill, NC.

message 14: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinsullivan) | 997 comments Welcome...This is a great group - glad to have you on board.

Robin.

Maranda (addlebrained_reader) (mannadonn) | 133 comments Hey Jenn! Welcome to the group!!

message 16: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Welcome Jenn. I like the part .... not in England:-)))

message 17: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (welloflostplots) Fiona wrote: "Welcome Jenn. We'll break that strong will, don't worry. Soon you'll have books coming out of your ears and you won't regret it. ;)

But no, more seriously - I hope you enjoy TNBBC there's a lot of..."

I already have books coming out of my ears!! :o) But, there is always room for more. I love to give great books a great home.

message 18: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Fiona, look for a job in PR: did you practise to say that many times TNBBC and books???? :-))))

message 19: by Petra X (new)

Petra X (petra-x) Thanks Jenn. I'm not familiar with some of the abbreviations for the states.