European Royalty discussion

Other Discussions > NOTE TO SPAMMERS

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara W (last edited Dec 10, 2008 07:24AM) (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Do NOT try to spam this group. I will delete your topic. Messages that somehow relate to the group's theme will be tolerated, but topics such as tarot card readings WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. I will delete you as a member of the group, and you will be blocked from rejoining.

message 2: by Sara W (last edited Dec 10, 2008 07:32AM) (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Regular members don't need to worry about this! Some new person came in to post a topic strictly to get people to go to their tarot card reading website or some nonsense. We're getting kind of big, so it's not surprising that people may try to do this. I won't delete or block any regularly participating member. I'm just trying to protect the group!

message 3: by Sera (new)

Sera You go woman!

message 4: by April Ann (new)

April Ann (bloomer) | 83 comments I saw that and was like...huh? Thanks for removing it!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks! Those people are everything and I have seen them totally ruin a few yahoo groups!

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Roper (fig_and_thistle_books) It would seem like that would be able foresee that you delete them! LOL!

message 7: by Seth (new)

Seth Frederiksen | 2 comments thank god i'm not into tarot cards.

message 8: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments FYI - the recent spam in a number of threads has been deleted and the person responsible has been blocked from the group.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 378 comments Thanks, Sara. I know I flagged it as well.

message 10: by Susan (new)

Susan (susanconder) | 4 comments That explains the 19 GR notifications this morning when I usually have 1-2.

message 11: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Susan wrote: "That explains the 19 GR notifications this morning when I usually have 1-2."

Yup, that's the same thing I had. At first I thought the person was just really, really enthusiastic about the group, lol! At least this hasn't happened that often (at least not in this group).

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 378 comments Susan wrote: "That explains the 19 GR notifications this morning when I usually have 1-2."

I had insomnia so I flagged them pretty much as they were posted. Whether GR has noticed or gotten to it yet, who knows? They're a bit busy just now. (Sigh.)

message 13: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 696 comments Susanna wrote: "Susan wrote: "That explains the 19 GR notifications this morning when I usually have 1-2."

I had insomnia so I flagged them pretty much as they were posted. Whether GR has noticed or gotten to it..."

I would rather they spend their time going after spammers than what they're working on now :/

message 14: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Misfit wrote: "Susanna wrote: "Susan wrote: "That explains the 19 GR notifications this morning when I usually have 1-2."

I had insomnia so I flagged them pretty much as they were posted. Whether GR has noticed..."

What are they working on now?

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 378 comments They have changed TOS without a general site-wide alert (just a thread in Feedback that is truly, seriously enormous), and are busy deleting reviews and shelves that are not now, but were when created, against the new TOS.

Many of us, affected or otherwise, think this is censorship, and are very unhappy campers.

For the Feedback thread, if you want to weed through it: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1... .

I wouldn't have Kara's job right now for anything.

message 16: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 696 comments Susanna wrote: "They have changed TOS without a general site-wide alert (just a thread in Feedback that is truly, seriously enormous), and are busy deleting reviews and shelves that are not now, but were when crea..."

I am very unhappy with this, especially the way they dumped and ran on a Friday afternoon with no warning. That said, I'm pretty sure Kara is just doing what she's told to do, and I wouldn't want her job either.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 378 comments Kara's not saying much there, because I suspect there's not much she is allowed to say. No, I'm angry, but it's not directed at Kara.

message 18: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 696 comments Susanna wrote: "Kara's not saying much there, because I suspect there's not much she is allowed to say. No, I'm angry, but it's not directed at Kara."

Same here. She is getting a beating from some quarters, unfortunately. I've been on the firing line from ticked off customers when I'm just doing my job (collecting money), so it isn't always fun.

message 19: by KOMET (new)

KOMET | 71 comments THANK YOU, SARA W! :)

Gore Vidal

message 20: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Susanna wrote: "They have changed TOS without a general site-wide alert (just a thread in Feedback that is truly, seriously enormous), and are busy deleting reviews and shelves that are not now, but were when crea..."

Hmmm, very interesting, I'll have to check it out.

message 21: by Whimsical (new)

Whimsical (goodreadscomb_flowers) | 55 comments Sara W wrote: "FYI - the recent spam in a number of threads has been deleted and the person responsible has been blocked from the group."

Thank you Sara. I have flagged a couple as recent as last night!