Chicks On Lit discussion

Fought over any good books lately?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holli (last edited Dec 10, 2008 06:43AM) (new)

Holli Oh my god....this was hilarious to me! Thanks for this Teri...I needed to read this. It was perfect.

message 2: by Holli (last edited Dec 10, 2008 06:50AM) (new)

Holli LOL....I'm dying laughing right now.....almost spit my coffee out! :)

message 3: by Brandie (new)

Brandie (brandiemichelle) This was totally hysterical. Thanks for sharing this, Teri. We ARE very lucky! Can you even imagine?? OMG.

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 7 comments That is HILARIOUS! Although, I've seen some caddy people do that kind of stuff! Glad we all get along!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Too funny! Maybe I don't need an 'in person' book club afterall!

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 369 comments wow..that is too funny! I'm so glad my book club experiences on GR hasn't been like that!

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 369 comments wow..that is too funny! I'm so glad my book club experiences on GR hasn't been like that!

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Oh man, I hope I never find myself being described as the needy drama queen in my delightful, yet new, book club... thanks for the chuckles!

message 9: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
WOW!
A professional book club leader? Seriously people pay for that? So much for being in a recession!
600+ members nearly 1 year and no crazy cat fights, political bashing, no clotted cream and no ayatollah (unless you all call me something behind my back ;) )

I do find the term 'pop lit' interesting. How wonderful that reading has become mainstream enough these days to be able to be 'pop'.

message 10: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments Yea, Tera-there's a thought!! Need some extra money? :)

message 11: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Hickman (bkread2) | 233 comments Oh God these people need to get a serious life! But I have seen groups that act a bit like this. I just laugh in my head and think whatever! Some people I guess just love to argue and be miserable. In most groups I feel that you can learn something about yourself and others. But I do know of some groups that can have some jealous catfighting. I just am not as active with them. I just observe more and steer clear of them from time to time. I belong to one that is like that. They start out and do nothing ask for someone to lead...you start a conversation and BAM! they get all their feathers ruffled. Yet ironically they will e-mail you privately for suggestions along the same lines for future topics to discuss. I just chuckle and sit back and watch them go nuts amongst themselves! But they do pick some really good books to read. They just cannot discuss them very well! I have one that it the opposite....they discuss books and such wonderfully but could not pick a good book if it bit them on the ass! I joined the 1 for the books and 1 for the discussion. Here is the happy medium...good books & good discussion. I call this my "contemporary" book group since I read old classics & British Authors but mainly are Classics in my other groups.